Sign in to follow this  
hoz

Arma feedback thread - based on 1.11

I got some freezing problem (with sounds looping), i am not hearing vehicle sound when i am in (it's really a strange thing ^^).

But if i forget that, the game runs fine, even with large view distance (even with 10km viewdistance and all settings to the max, the game still enjoyable with 8800GTX on the ground or in the air.. not perfect in all area, but pretty good improvements smile_o.gif )

I've also been replaying some of the single-player missions. Setup is 1.11 beta with Queens Gambit also installed. Graphics card is 8800GTX. Morphicon distribution. Some of the issues I have noticed:

Multiplayer browser:

If the filter is enabled (Hide full servers, hide passworded, show minimum of 1 player) then the 'show battleye' option is always turned on by default when restarting the browser. This means that every multiplayer session, I have to go and turn it back off again to see all servers. I'd also comment that the icons used for the various filter options aren't very clear but this is just a cosmetic issue.

Multiplayer browser:

I keep getting a 'helpful' message telling me that patch 1.08 is now available from Morphicon despite being on 1.11b !

Armoured Fist:

Tank gunner refuses to use any weapon other than the machine-gun, leading to rapid death when encountering armour. This can easily be verified by telling the gunner to engage a nearby (friendly) Abrams.

Delivery Boy:

Soldiers don't bother to get in the truck when I get to base and the objective switches immediately to return to the outpost but without any time constraint !

Night Strike:

The base comes under attack shortly after the start of the mission. There appears to be a mounted machine-gun on the far side of the base which starts firing into it and causes the soldiers to counter-attack, making it a bit hard to 'infiltrate' !

Blood Sweat and Tears:

If you take the 'sniper' path there are a couple of issues. The first is cosmetic which is that the weather goes from mildly foggy to completely clear instantly a few seconds after the enemy base comes under attack. The second is that the mission never seemed to end, despite finally clearing the base.

Note that some of these issues seem to appear when I go back to 1.08 as well so perhaps they are actually a problem with the QG addon ?

Multiplayer browser:  

I keep getting a 'helpful' message telling me that patch 1.08 is now available from Morphicon despite being on 1.11b !

This one is because of the "beta" patch, not know and recognized by the update server ; so it always shows "1.08 !" to give you the "latest" official patch.

proud to be betatester smile_o.gif

*** MORE Singleplayer Campaign bugs found ***

I remember the first time I played, they played the part where the news crew was covering the SLA attack. This did not play during 1.11.

This is on the Paraiso defense mission (from the amphibious attack by SLA after suffering a defeat at Somato).

Secondly, the Paraiso defense mission will NOT complete.

I get to the last part where we clear out their beachhead northeast of Paraiso, then the armored force is making its way up the road from Corazol and I am to stop it.

Normally in 1.08, the Harriers suddenly appear which end the mission as they take out any enemy.

In 1.11, ONLY the Helicopters show up. They destroy all BMPs, but then nothing else happens.

I finally had to shoot down one of the AH-1z and repair it when it crashed, then flew around to see if there were more BMPs, but there were none to be found.

What I DID find was the wreckage of a Harrier in the water in the northwest corner of North Sahrani, near the island.

It appears the Harrier part of the mission BREAKS in 1.11 and they never show up.

I then loaded up 1.08 and replayed the mission, and this time the Harriers showed up, ending the mission successfully.

Sahrani has some very bad bugs. But the most bad for me is here:

aVh86fi.jpg Pq1jc9H0.jpg aVh1TDS.jpg

Some bushes are hanging over ground.

banghead.gif

Come on Chaos, get real will ya!

I'm sure everyones feedback is appreciated by BIS but many of the things you are reporting are very minor things and maybe if we lived in a perfect world this wouldn't happend but we ain't! Even nature has great variation and who knows maybe BIS is trying to "simulate" that a "Sahrani'er" was there before you and pulled up that bush and tossed it like that tounge2.gif

What I'm trying to say is...

Do you want BIS to waste their time/money on very minor "eye candy" stuff and spend days/weeks looking for missaligned bushes and grass straws all over Sahrani or do you want them to adress and fix more serious issues that affects actual gameplay and maybe even add new features to the game like they do?

/KC

Yes, there are many bugs on the island and no one is perfect. But this is very, very bad looking bug on a central position of the island. Go in editor to it and look self.

@ Perfection

In OFP islands i don´t found so many bugs in positioning of objects.

I have to agree with KeyCat here, calling a few bushes not alligned to terrain a bad bug comes damn close to nitpicking.

That's an optical glitch but not a huge bug. Maybe if all bushes would have this but not if it's just one model or two.

@Chaos

I like it there. I didn't used to but when I pulled it out of the ground like that I decided it should stay. However, I couldn't get it back in the ground so now it just kind of sits like that. Looks like it could make good cover.

Indeed, stuff like wrong crewed vehicles or not ending missions should and hopefully will be fixed but imagining BIS to fix every tiny flaw like some wrong placed bushes is pretty crazy.

Indeed, stuff like wrong crewed vehicles or not ending missions should and hopefully will be fixed but imagining BIS to fix every tiny flaw like some wrong placed bushes is pretty crazy.

Well, they wouldn't have to fix such things if they had make it right in the first place....

put a bush, it's on the ground, that's all wink_o.gif

Well, they wouldn't have to fix such things if they had make it right in the first place....

put a bush, it's on the ground, that's all wink_o.gif

You make it sound like bugs and visual glitches are the result of negligence or lazyness. That simply is not the case. Sorry if I'm reading more into your comment than you meant, but that's my interpretation.

Fact is, bugs can and will always occur, no matter how hard people try to "make it right in the first place". The more complex a piece of software becomes, the more bugs there will be. It's practically unavoidable.

I'm pretty sure most of the foliage on Sahrani was placed randomly using scripts. Somehow I don't think the map makers at BI took the time to personally inspect every single bush, shrub and tree to see if it was perfectly aligned with the terrain.

Well. Maybe you-all thinks it is crazy to report it, but BIS will reports of any bugs, so i report it. I agree to your arguments - that are 1000 other and more important bugs, but this is too a bug. And so i report it.

For you as player or addonmaker its maybe not very interesting, but for me as "detail amatory" missionmaker its can be really annoying. When that issue were on other place - mid of the forest 400 meter in the wildness - no problem.

Visualise following:

When an tree in mid of Corazol, near a main road will hang 1m in the air, so it is annoying too.

@ Shadow

You know exactly what i mean - i have a mission which will play on exactly this place and its for me not really good to see this bug on this central place. And you can my love to detail from my projects.

I know some other similar objects there aren´t i the optimal position, but they are not in central areas and i can live with this better.

I will no longer discuss about it.

Do you guys get messed up water?

Waves are going weird on me lately. I can see gaps on the water texture. It's like there are squares of animated wave textures but they aren't synched well enough with each other.

When the waves in one "piece" of water create mountains some waves in the next piece create valleys and it looks really bad.

I cannot promise it's a 1.11 thing because I just noticed it. I don't usually play near the sea.

Well. Maybe you-all thinks it is crazy to report it, but BIS will reports of any bugs, so i report it. I agree to your arguments - that are 1000 other and more important bugs, but this is too a bug. And so i report it.

For you as player or addonmaker its maybe not very interesting, but for me as "detail amatory" missionmaker its can be really annoying. When that issue were on other place - mid of the forest 400 meter in the wildness - no problem.

Visualise following:

When an tree in mid of Corazol, near a main road will hang 1m in the air, so it is annoying too.

@ Shadow

You know exactly what i mean - i have a mission which will play on exactly this place and its for me not really good to see this bug on this central place. And you can my love to detail from my projects.

I know some other similar objects there aren´t i the optimal position, but they are not in central areas and i can live with this better.

I just see it realistic, so many tiny things are unfixed since day 1 but they dont really have a big effect the game unlike some of the other bugs like AI and bridges that really needs to be fixed ( and seem to be lot better after 1.11 ).

I think BIS will try to fix the last big bugs that affect gameplay but all the other not really gameplay affecting ( or only mildly affecting ) things will stay forever.

Visualise following:

@ Shadow

I just see it realistic, so many tiny things are unfixed since day 1 but they dont really have a big effect the game unlike some of the other bugs like AI and bridges that really needs to be fixed ( and seem to be lot better after 1.11 ).

I think BIS will try to fix the last big bugs that affect gameplay but all the other not really gameplay affecting ( or only mildly affecting ) things will stay forever.

Therefore what I said : the concern of perfection when you do sthing is important.

Imagine they did the same slight mistakes to houses in Paraiso that they did with bushes ? biggrin_o.gif

An idea about the bush issue. When you're done designing the mission use camcreate or something similar to make another bush covering that bush. Or you could also do something like put some kind of M113 wreck, BMP wreck or numerous other objects to hide the fact that the bush is slightly off the ground. Those dirt grave things might work too if you put one under it.

Whoever is complaining about something as trivial as a slightly misplaced bush really needs to get a grip.

Try placing 100 000 bushes in Visitor by hand, and checking each and every single one for perfect angle, placement.

Honestly.

banghead.gif

may i ask what terrain level detail are You using ?

because lower it is then more likely something will float or not match with terrain level (this multiply with distance)