Sign in to follow this  
Footmunch

USAF F-16C Falcon

but AA soldiers attack F-18 though.....

I would wish to have some flare systems....

I'm using Arma Effects mod. When i fire GAU gun i have huge wierd smoke trail...

Seems like it's actually intentional. I see the smoke is in the F16's config.

Why isn't this addon binirised by the way? It's better for performance if it's binirised.

The 1st LOD has 32 sections. Isn't that a bit high? Low section count is important for performance in ArmA, unlike OFP. I'm no modeller and I don't really know what is considered acceptable, but that seems high to me. I don't know how the BIS aircraft compare.

Hope you keep working on it. It's looking good smile_o.gif

Well, the A10 has 22 sections in the first LOD and 38 sections in the pilot LOD.

Well, the A10 has 22 sections in the first LOD and 38 sections in the pilot LOD.

Ok. Was just unsure because infantry have a much lower section count. Never looked at aircraft.

Guess that makes this one of the few properly optimised addon models then.

Quote[/b] ]Well, the A10 has 22 sections in the first LOD and 38 sections in the pilot LOD.

a10 is not the best example - polycount is a bit wierd )

Quote[/b] ]The 1st LOD has 32 sections. Isn't that a bit high?

just hitting sort faces once i got it down to 9 sections...

Quote[/b] ]Why isn't this addon binirised by the way? It's better for performance if it's binirised.

it's beta - with mlods we can look inside and maybe help to solve smth out wink_o.gif

And using merge near with 0.0001 reduced the number of points a bit in most LODs. Dunno if that messed anything up. I'm just messing around with something I know little about here.

While this unit is far from the most demanding unit in ArmA, it seems like it has got some room for optimisation.

With the rudder improvements in the next patch this plane should be more fun to fly.

Edit: And sorting faces seems to reduce section count on most LODs. Not just the first one.

The section count has been reduced (down to 9 IIRC) in the new models I'm working on using the sort faces thing. I hadn't done it in the original because I had no idea it had such an effect on performance.

Quote[/b] ]And using merge near with 0.0001 reduced the number of points a bit in most LODs. Dunno if that messed anything up. I'm just messing around with something I know little about here.

There are some points that are _definitely_ on top of each other, and that is by design (canopy, tail decals, etc). So the merge points thing is not recommended.

I'll check out the AA tracking issue. Is there a Tunguska or SAM-9 in ArmA yet?

Is there a Tunguska or SAM-9 in ArmA yet?

unfortunately not. smile_o.gif

Hi all,

Footmunch thanx heaps!!!

I have noticed that it is very hard to get a l AG lock with the f16's weapons.

Ohter than that she's a beauty!!

i'm sure lots of people have already said it but thankyou for the f16, it really is a lot of fun and is a great alternative to the av8. I also found it was hard to target the missiles but i'm sure it'll be fixed at a later date. Great jet!!

We just tried a formation of F16 CAP and CAS against some targets, very cool! Found the gun very effective at lighting up Sus in dogfights. Sometimes found it difficult to get a lock with the AA missiles. Awesome plane though, just needs an afterburner to get out of sticky situations. biggrin_o.gif

Is there a Tunguska or SAM-9 in ArmA yet?

unfortunately not. smile_o.gif

actually thats not true, the FFN (fight For Nogova) has Sam Launchers tounge2.gif

I was playing with that AA truck and AA batterie which i also found a one with 2 missiles on it so im guessing its a sam..

Also I was able to fire my missles at a 3k distance so im not sure what everyone is talking about finding it hard to attacked.. All my read dots locked on straight away and i made a video if it. Also that Sam site locked onto me too. as i got hit badly.

(AA[A])

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&id=145

Tested F-16 on my server tonite an this baby is kickazz! Probably one of the best addons I've seen for ArmA so far worked like a charm an no issues with the server that i saw at all(other then my limated scripting/editing abilities). biggrin_o.gif

This flying mode (keyboard friendly) joined with the whole pack of scripts of Franze's F/A-18E/F Super Hornet would be the best.

Anyway, as someone say it, not it's possible to hit with the FFAR and the GAU-12.

I use to put 4 companies of infantry and blow their asses, now I CAN! This bird reemplaces the A-10 and the Harrier (unless their flying mode are changed).

Great job footmunch the plane is fantastic thumbs-up.gif

Just an info, the pilot position sitting in the cockpit is not matching the real one for f16 where the pilot is seated higher with an angle of 45° inside the cockpit.

I know that your plane is still beta and maybe you're working on it and i don't want to be so boring with such a kind of details but i've notice also the same positionon on the original BIS harrier and so i'm wondering if you experience problem during the add on construction about this?huh.gif

NOte: mine is just curiosity i don't want to criticise your work which has always been great since OFP!!! smile_o.gif

Wow lovely F-16 vary good work on it biggrin_o.gif  do you plan to make an eject set to it like in OFP? Also the GBU bombs i cant get to lock on target how would i do this i cant do it with the A-10 or any other jets. Been haveing that issue since i got ArmA can some one help me on that plz huh.gif

Its very nice, and its good to have a jet like the F-16 ingame.

But I think im not sure though, the part of the aircraft nose, in lighter grey colour is a bit too long. The canopy seems a bit too long aswell. I think the section of trouble is the front page, It seems too long not much just a tad but something is not right when I look at the bird.

You dont see that from inside the cockpit! crazy_o.gifwink_o.gifsmile_o.gif

After flying some more the pilot should be a bit higher up, as nephilim mentioned allready.

Im kinda missing some loadout versions though... huh.gif

Like a clean one with only sidewinder on wingtips, and/or

the centerline fueltank. Also FFAR and LGB and SW would be

nice.

Footie, i hope you could implement a similar type of arming system as Franze has on his Superhornet.

would be very nice to be able to choose what weapons the plane should carry.

and if possible premade weapon loadouts from scripts (like, SEAD, GUIDED, DEAD, CAS, CAP loadouts and so on. preferably set byt some simple init line)

and ofcourse you should use the same weapons and scripts for all your planes, similar to the roundel system smile_o.gif

This is great stuff man.....This looks and flies great! Any Chance of the two seater too? And maybe one with loads of bombs...ive seen these things can carry a fair bit

yup, mmm... mk82's make bombing runs something special when infantry is watching you.