Sign in to follow this  
ModaFlanker

March 6th Update on Patch Status

As some of us know, there was an update about work on the patch beyond the 1.08 version back in August 29th.

We then received the 1.09 Beta patch just before Christmas.

There is now an update released today. Looks like we will have another beta patch again, to check and see if there are any showstoppers, and if none, then the final patch will come out soon.

The update is here--

http://www.bistudio.com/develop....en.html

The new fixes sound pretty nice, so I'm looking forward to getting my hands on this new beta patch.

This and for ATI to fix the JPG bug would be great yay.gif

W00t!

This should be interesting. The perfect start to my three week holiday! biggrin_o.gif

Can't wait to see the full changelog.

Ah, we might get another beta. That's not bad news I suppose.

I'm glad to see AI bridge handling is on the fixed list. That, for me, is a showstopper. The aircraft turn behaviour, presumably by way of increased rudder authority is a real bonus.

Some nice fixes in there. I'm really glad about the aircraft rudder improvements.

Wonder if anything was done about that throttle control though, if it behaves more realistically like it did in OFP confused_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Significant optimizations with large view distances

That sounds interesting, I wonder how high I can set it then smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Fixed clipping issues with 16:9 or TrippleHead displays

Yey!! Maybe I enable it again smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Significant optimizations with large view distances

I hope that makes the LOD-switching better.

it doesnt say anything about choppers :/

What about them?

What about them?

I guess he means the turning/rudder improvements. It only mentions planes. But the choppers should also have a more effective rudder than they do currently.

Quote[/b] ]It took much longer than we wanted, but finally I am happy to report the work we did on VON and anti-cheat, which was the most difficult part, was successful and we will soon be closing the patch.

Hopefully the VON will work fully this time..

I hope they tweaked those AI fuckers firing from BRDM2s or T72 and gunning down choppers left and right in seconds.

Other than that I really don't care about other fixes,oh the bridge pathfinding is a good one too,I hated how my convoys were a mess when crossing a bridge.

We all have our personal fixes we wish for smile_o.gif

My own hope is that clients throwing a grenade in MP is now properly captured as a "fired" event.

Ai Bridge Pathfinding Improvement + Ai Target Aquisition = teh Win

whistle.gif

The AI Bridge Pathfinding is really good news! Last night I was playing on the Sahrani life server just riding the bus from town to town when we came accross a large bridge. The AI bus driver hesitated and then promptly drove us into the freaking river! lol, it was funny and sad, but I'm glad this is finally going to get fixed soon.

The AI Bridge Pathfinding is really good news! Last night I was playing on the Sahrani life server just riding the bus from town to town when we came accross a large bridge. The AI bus driver hesitated and then promptly drove us into the freaking river! lol, it was funny and sad, but I'm glad this is finally going to get fixed soon.

funny ?

dude since 2001 , this bug piss me off

i think BI position on the game video segment made their work less productive. no one else has bring a such platoon simulation. so , they had the time they wanted to have.

I would have expected much more interest in this, still, any improvements are good, the last beta runs great and if they can improve it more then better still !

lets be gratefull that BIS are still working on fixing Arma

(in between developing the more lucrtative ARMA2 + VBS franchise ...)

With the new game release just around the corner i know of other crowds which would not bother there arse s to fix previous releases ..

I wont mention any names (EA GAMES)

Lets hope BIS are not following their lead ..

Hats off to BIS

I like the idea of optimizing higher view-distance performance.

Wonderful news! I was hoping they would do this rather than releasing a final patch and crossing their fingers.

Thanks BIS! notworthy.gif

More then happy to see that ArmA + Vista64bit problems will be fixed. It's about time.

I was just reading some of the dev entries on the new vegetation implementation on ArmA II and it does look spectacular the problem is I WANT IT NOW biggrin_o.gif I hope it is still on schedule for this year release.