Sign in to follow this  
SaBrE_UK

ArmA 2 Press Coverage

Note this scan on the bottom http://img245.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pcg6wv3.jpg

It does indeed talk about "War made by ones self" (ie the editor)

and it looks 3d to me. Someone mentioned about this earlier and someone else said it was just an object viewer, but to me, that looks like a 3d mission editor smile_o.gif

Nice work on the rest BI, and if you need any beta testers, I'm sure the guys in this thread will jump at the chance! I know I will

What is written there is this(free translated):

"Already with OFP and the unofficial successor Armed Assault, BIS spend the community a powerfull editor for self-made missions."

"The Tool which fans can create whole campaigns, you'll find also in Arma2 again. Because the developers "really like" the community, the editor was improved for Arma2 aswell. New is for example a 3D-Mode. In this mode you see the complete Landscape infront of you and you can move figures, buildings and vehicles simple at the desired location. Additionally "Nerds" can complete modify the new editor to fit there personal needs: The Tool will be completely modifiable."

Sounds really good.... I don't get the feeling out of my head that this time BIS will provide a real blockbuster....

Regards, Christian

im happy to know that smile_o.gif

cant wait to see what we can really do with the new editor biggrin_o.gif

EDIT: i wounder whats the option 9 - Complex Command yay.gif

img4x.jpg

click to enlarge

Where is the video

well I guess it is time to start looking in german fourms to see if somebody have bought this mag and posted the video, of course it would help if you know germen tounge2.gif

But then again maybe you dont need to, because when someone post it in germany it will take max. 2 - 3 hours for us to hear news about, so the fact that nobody posted it yet might mean that that no one have it, maybe no physical copy of the mag is yet available??

Multiple orders at the same time? So instead of us having to do multiple press keys we can program them and use a single key?

Just speculating but I sure like it smile_o.gif

im happy to know that smile_o.gif

cant wait to see what we can really do with the new editor biggrin_o.gif

Maybe it opens up the new command interface they were talking about.

Am I the only one who noticed this?

http://img177.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img23hy8.jpg

Are those two fencing?

If animations like these make it into the game, think of the unlimited possiblities to have sword fights, knife fights, hand to hand combat etc...

BIS does mocap for other clients and all kinds of stuff. I severly doubt there's fencing... and just because there's fencing animations, doesn't mean there's actual interactive fencing.

yup thats what i tought. It can be just like the kata we already have in arma..

and it looks 3d to me. Someone mentioned about this earlier and someone else said it was just an object viewer, but to me, that looks like a 3d mission editor smile_o.gif

Yes, looking at the magnified icons, there's buttons for "Edit in 2D map" and "Preview". So it seems it's separate from Preview and you can switch between 2D and 3D editing modes at whim.

Am I the only one who noticed this?

http://img177.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img23hy8.jpg

Are those two fencing?

If animations like these make it into the game, think of the unlimited possiblities to have sword fights, knife fights, hand to hand combat etc...

It's from a pretty old vid showing off the capabilities of BIS' their mocap studio, a showcase vid for multiple games and other stuff done in their studio, and not even all by BIS them selves

edit:

I did notice that nobody posted this: http://img245.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pcg6wv3.jpg

on the bottumn right it says that the current release date is: Fall '08

Well, looks like it'll be Xbox 360 for me until I can be bothered to upgrade. Mind you, if they can get it to use a mouse + keyboard on the 360 version that wouldn't be so bad, but there'll be no modding scene for the 360.

Time to get my saving pants on again. Alot of 360 games to get (RB6:V2, GTA:IV etc) and a new PC. When will it end!

Looks awesome though, really worth the investment I think. I just wish they'd make the soldiers look a bit more...modern, like CMcD 1st Infantry, also a bit of a multi-national effort wouldn't go amiss.

man i dream arma 2 now... for real! inlove.gif

the information seems impressive and all, the pics tell about the fantastic graphics that improves upon arma 1's graphics a nothc or two.

Werent there supposed to be some new videos or something out yesterday?

or did I just dream it huh.gif

Quote[/b] ]There's gonna be a new preview in Czech mag "SCORE" It should be out in two days smile_o.gif

Something new about that preview? huh.gif

Werent there supposed to be some new videos or something out yesterday?

or did I just dream it  huh.gif

Yeah, I remember that, but I couldn't find anything. sad_o.gif

maybe because there were nothing significant different to show since last videos.. who knows.. icon_rolleyes.gif

Does someone know that have someone upload the video(s)? that have been mentioned in the preview?

I also recognized some small dirt or mud spots on the windows of the hind... i bet the wiper will be working later on... imagine flying through rain with the hind and having raindrops running down the windshield..... smile_o.giftounge2.gif

Regards, Christian

I also recognized some small dirt or mud spots on the windows of the hind... i bet the wiper will be working later on... imagine flying through rain with the hind and having raindrops running down the windshield.....  smile_o.gif  tounge2.gif

Regards, Christian

Yeah, that imagination makes me feel dizzy ^^ I liked it so much in Apache Havoc.

so if there's rain and crew inside...  biggrin_o.gif

So..what's about 3D-Editor ? We can only preview and saving or just preview ?

So..what's about 3D-Editor ? We can only preview and saving  or just preview ?

Well if you could only preview, it would be called a "3d previewer" not a "3d Editor". So you really awnsered your own question there. It appears its going to be a 3d version of the mission maker. And in fact you can see thats exactlly what it is in the posted Magazine article a few pages back... unless someone can explain it diffrently, but the picture on the last page is clearly the mission maker in 3d.

You can edit what you have added in 3D smile_o.gif

Sweet! This will make things easier, I like it.

But if it is a slow dog, then I would prefer the previous editor. I hope you can switch between the different modes.