Sign in to follow this  
SaBrE_UK

ArmA 2 Press Coverage

Why all the talk of U.S. Special Forces? SF but to include U.S. Army. I thought in ArmA II should be a Force Recon Team (USMC). In general, there is a Force Recon Team from 6 man mistaken Or am I?Recon

Hi, those SF/FR units look very well, like the enviroment, grass and

all that; but what looks just the same are the weapons. Colt .45

M1911-A1 instead Kimber Warrior or Colt .45 MEU?!, Chaika-12 and

not R870, Benelli S90 M1 or M3 for the yankees?!, c'mon... shouldn't

booth sides use more modern equipment?, and what about the res

side?, why don't they have some FAL or some G3A1?, it wouldn't

be that hard to make some reach a territory "close" to russia...

and yeah, "realistic ballistics" i fear those words... over all when i

think in the tracers that will enforce "the realistic shape of the game".

I'll laugh, but i think that as soon that i get my hands on the game

i gonna cry instead, looking at something that surely will be just

like the ArmA but a bit better, in shape and maybe in performance.

But the animations look the same, the vehicles look and sure that

work the same, the weapons are the same and work the same

so basically we gonna enjoy the ArmA as it should had been once

we have the ArmA2. Those screens look good, but seems that

everything is just the same in functionality; which is really really

poor... no IR?, no FLIR?, no flares/chaff, no working switchable

MFD's?, no openable hatches?, no Elcan M79A2?, no Eotechs?,

too much zoom in the ACOGs?, ahhh think about it makes me

really sad... but sure that i gonna buy the game anyways... .

Let's C ya

Let's C ya

I agree with this post. What's the most pushed out feature of ArmA2? AI, better terrain and vegetation system and that's about it. There is so little concrete information on specific things like FLIR, RWR system, vehicle handling, MFDs, proper working optics, adjustable ironsights, weapon handling(bipods with a meaning other than fancy eye candy), weapon animation and character animation. There's no information on how the whole animation system is being improved or fixed, because as it is right now it's pretty shit. It's clunky and slow. The transitions take too long, there are some crucial ones missing and nothing to show about it. While the OFP system(set) was not all that good it was more responsive and faster than the ArmA system(set). And speed matters in a game like ArmA and OFP, where you have to move fast, duck fast and shoot fast. Then the anims being rather slow and the transitions that are missing, are a rather big factor.

Beyond that, there's a ton of other small features that could be awsome, such as FLIR, tv guided missiles, tons of some rather small stuff that would help greatly. It doesn't have to be super awsome, but a basic system that would satisfy most players, with the optional modding improvement.

Vehicle AI is also poor at times. AI tank groups act much in the same fashion as infantry groups and AI crewmembers don't know much about tank vunerabilites, etc. They just swivel that tank around instead of keeping the strong parts towards the enemy. Also, they don't reverse.

There are features that are really awsome, or seem really awsome judging by the videos, such as AI using cover, building clearing, etc. However if the animations remain clunky and AI daredevils it won't be that much fun. Again, judging old footage, it's pretty obvious that it's pretty much work in progress, with daredevil AI, running through street corners, etc etc. But that was just one video. I have high hopes for the AI.

I also hope the suppression system is going to turn out okay and well, actually turn out. It's a nice idea, I'd very much like to fix the enemy and use vehicles as overwatch and for suppresive fire, along with deployable machine guns for that same purpose.

Oh well, who knows what will turn out, I'm still hoping for the best, I like the blog approach and I hope it will one day mention about stuff that I mentioned in my post. Until then I'll keep my hopes in the mid high and hope for the best.

Guest Ti0n3r
Quote[/b] ]After a long struggle and a civil war the Communist-Nationalist Group gains the power renames the island to Chenarussian Socalist Republic forcing the remaining members of the democratic party into exile. Russia itself is refusing to unite with the new republic, which means the russian army will propably not be included in ArmA 2.

Please tell me this is just some random speculation? O_o

Let's C ya

This is sorta along the lines of most of my posts lately... ArmA2 APPEARS to be nothing more then a better looking ArmA (which was basiclly a better looking OFP), with a few new vehicles, and a new map with minimal added content, or features, and possibly a better single player experiecne (which can't really be confirmed becuase the devs haven't said anything about it really and the info we DO have is confusing at best).

From the ArmA2 Website.... "Arma 2 is based on the latest generation technology, offering large–scale game world, authentic and extremely detailed modern units, weapons, vehicles and enviroments, challenging single player and vast array of multiplayer options." ....I mean come on, you can use that statement to advertise Flashpoint if you think about it. What the community really wants to hear, is about NEW features. Not ones we all know are going to be in the game.

What happened to everything else we heard about when ArmA2 was still Game2? Have EVERYTHING Game2 been removed and replaced with yet another limited improvement game? We already know the three campagins were removed and replaced with one in a totally diffrent area, DD was removed, apparently destruction of vehicles has been removed also (tho not confirmed), weapons models are the same as ArmA (not a big issue really), animations still look terrible, and the games trees look great but the buildings look like they are right out of Flashpoint (quality wise). How much of this, and other community concerns are because the games in an early build, and how much is because thats just how it is?

And then theres still other questions that have not been awnsered... like is the totally dynamic campaign we heard about for Game2, still included? Or has it, the cornerstone of the original Game2 info, also been removed and replaced with another linier scripted campagin? If it has been removed, then really ArmA2 has nothing to do with the "Game2" we heard about 3 years ago because everything that made "Game2" sound so good would be missing in ArmA2. These are the things that the community blogs should be about (and if you read the end of the building destruction blog, were suppose to be)... not two blogs on how the trees are coming along.

I just guess that their development Process goes something like:

World/Map/Environment -> Objects -> Features

So i guess they are simple not yet at the point.

I think we should stop with complaining and save our anger to the point Arma2 will be out. If its really that disappointing then we could send them a firework of complains and bashings.... tounge2.gif

Regards, Christian

Hi,

Quote[/b] ]After a long struggle and a civil war the Communist-Nationalist Group gains the power renames the island to Chenarussian Socalist Republic forcing the remaining members of the democratic party into exile. Russia itself is refusing to unite with the new republic, which means the russian army will propably not be included in ArmA 2.

... huh.gif

If Russia is not involved in that conflict, what T-90, BMP-3 and BTR-90 (Best russian hardware) are doing there ?

I dont no, I have a bad feeling...

Good night,

-Soviet-

Hi,

... huh.gif

If Russia is not involved in that conflict, what T-90, BMP-3 and BTR-90 (Best russian hardware) are doing there ?

I dont no, I have a bad feeling...

Good night,

-Soviet-

Because its a game and the developers maybe want to take some creative freedom and not have everything 110% realistic.

I dunno but i think its better and maybe a bit more fun to have a made up storyline than a realistic one.. smile_o.gif

Hi,

Because its a game and the developers maybe want to take some creative freedom and not have everything 110% realistic.

I dunno but i think its better and maybe a bit more fun to have a made up storyline than a realistic one..  smile_o.gif

I'm not against the fun and creativity, but I expect the maximum of realism from that game. Realism was the major attraction of OFP and the new orientation of ARMA was a deception for me. I can understand the technical problems of a game, but the atmosphere of the game is also very important. Some mistakes can be tolerated concerning equipments, but giving state of art weapon systems to a bananas republic is unacceptable according me.

Sincerely, if I still have an interest in ARMA today, it's because I hope that PROJECT 85 will correct the situation. I dont want another RAMBO style shooter with little realism. I want a realistic simulation game. I hesitated long time before buying ARMA. I dont know if I still have interest for ARMA 2.

That's my opinion... huh.gif

Good day.

-Soviet-

I'm not that concerned the storyline does not involve the Russian Army.

T-90 export version will be in the game, but not the KA-52 nor T-95, and not Spetz Natz or RFU BDU's.

Did anyone catch the May 9 parade in Moscow? Some interesting gear being shown there. I hope BIS was watching and checking to see which equipment is avail as export? Am I seeing things or was that a working deployed version of the T-95?( 2010 deployment?) Or the new BMPT "Terminator". Sad that it looks like our FMBT, which is scheduled to go into service....2020.

at the 2:00 minute mark. Isn't that a T-95?

Ok, Not a T-95. It's a BMD-4 2s25 "Sprut-SD", using the same cannon as the T-72M or T-90. 125mm cannon with an ATGM operator in the turret. 18 tons, entered service in 2007, and 57 are on order. I guess we saw them all at the parade? heh

The new screens look quite nice to me.

I like that we seem to have a 5 man group in the missions, maybe ARMA2 will be a bit more stealth focused then OFP (not that there wasn`t any there though).

I like that we seem to have a 5 man group in the missions, maybe ARMA2 will be a bit more stealth focused then OFP (not that there wasn`t any there though).

Really hard to get any sense on how stealth based the game will be at this point... You and your 5 man squade could very well be fighting along side hundreds of other soldiers each mission. Or, if the campaign is still open and dynamic... having a 5 man team might just make things alot easier to get around and such.

Some marketing:

Team of 5 US special heroes trying to get back through beautiful landscape and many evil Tschernorus clans. Will they all five come back alive? Only advantage you have is military ubertechnology and calling for (stealth) support if needed. biggrin_o.gif

i hope then that stealth is possible... not like 1 shot and a 100 guys start shooting in your face

I think arma 2 will have even more atmoshpere and reading about blogs and stuff give me high hopes about stuff! smile_o.gif

I think arma 2 might reach cod 4 cinematic alive feeling partially.

And i believe arma is the best out there, sure Bf 2 has modern vehicles but it still has its weird hitboxes and bunny hoping all the time wich makes me go crazy. Arma has more freedom and i like freedom. inlove.gif i don't think anything else out there is more realistic than arma.

Yeah, maybe BIS should have a developer blog about the atmosphere.

Anyways, there is a little bit of information here.

Armed Revolution

In 2008, there are a glut of freeform shooters on the horizon - Ubisoft's Africa-based sequel to Crytek's original, Far Cry 2, GSC Game World's STALKER prequel Clear Sky, Bethesda's Fallout 3 and Bohemia Interactive's Armed Assault 2 - and all these games are pushing the technology of open-world gaming into new territories.

In Armed Assault 2, for example, the development team is adding role-playing elements to the military simulator format, including a dynamic conversation system.

"If an NPC witnesses something in the game, even if it's something the gamer doesn't see themselves, then the NPC will remember," says Statham. "If, for example, an enemy squad moves through a town 20 miles from where the gamer is, the NPCs in the town will observe this.

"When you enter the town a couple of hours later, you can ask them if they've seen any enemy presence, and they'll tell you that they saw an enemy squad moving west about two hours ago - if they're friendly to you.

Perhaps they know that you killed a civilian in the next town across, so they won't tell you anything at all, or they'll lie to you to set you up for an ambush by the enemy..."

It's not much, but I'm interested in finding out more about this. However, I'll try not to get my hopes up, because as far as I know that concept is still in it's planning stage and might get scraped. Hopefully we'll get a trailer or video sometime soon showing off the new features that are 100% in.

That sounds really awsome, and pretty much appears to be the dynamic campaign that "Game2" was suppose to have... that we haven't had any really solid info about since "Game2" became "ArmA2". If it turns out thats how the campaign will really work, and this isn't outdated info... then theres alot of hope for ArmA2.

Hmmmm, I think its a small start but theres many more things that I'd like to see get done rather then talking to Civilians.

at least it ads some hearts and minds into the game. i have only been in the reserves for 6 months and i have had it smashed into my head that this is an important factor to winning a war. ads a nice touch of realism

would be sweet for a update to their official arma 2 page with info and screens on weapons and vehicles and other stuff.

Anyone remember the old ofp site? I kind of liked it alot.

Flashpoint1985 site

would be sweet for a update to their official arma 2 page with info and screens on weapons and vehicles and other stuff.

Anyone remember the old ofp site? I kind of liked it alot.

Flashpoint1985 site

LOL i like the quote on this site

""It's no surprise that Bohemia Interactive was able to produce a high quality expansion that should set the standard for competing game developers. Operation Flashpoint: Resistance has such a complete campaign, single mission, updated AI, and ¨revised front end, it could very well be a stand alone package on its own. Expanding on an already excellent game, it's compelling games like this that rightfully deserve Game of the Year awards. Operation Flashpoint: Resistance is the expansion by which all other expansions should be measured.""

Too bad they didnt keep to that tounge2.gif but as everything in life you need cash to survive.

Well, all the screenshots are old, but lets wait for the translation.