Sign in to follow this  
fromz

Fromz's sound mod | ffamm1.4

@Fromz

Just wanted to say a quick well done on this nice sound pack. Loved it! Obviously a few issues as mention in previous posts but doesn't spoil the overall sound pack. Keep it up mate, can't wait for future updates!

Now I'm spoiled for choice, FDF, Chammy and FFamm, all excellent sound packs.

smile_o.gif

Hi, as i first started the game with your 1.4 version soundmod i thought "wow the first real competitor for FDF", because i only shot the m240 and the m4aimpoint.

But then i started a firefight and suddenly i was a bit disappointed...

Bullet-cracks are totally weird i mean, they sound like the sound of the gun who fired them only slightly modified (this happens most from shots like BMP or DSCHKM).

Many explosion effects are just like Arma-stock (for example impact of RPG or AT4 rocket)

Plus the most explosions are missing some kind of "punch". Sounds from Tanks fire are also not optimal.

Im so sorry to tell you this, but its just my oppinion.

However, what is great is:

- M4 and M240 sounds are really great (in case of the m4 the best i've ever heard in Arma).

- M16 sounds are all OK

- M249 Saw sound is good

- Reload sound of nearly all Rifles/MGs is very good (just tweak some of them to match the exakt length or reload)

Rocket-Launcher sounds from RPG7 and AT4 + Stinger is really good.

Update/Edit:

Just tried it again and here are my suggestions to make it a good competitor for FDF:

1. Sounds of of silenced AKSU and M4 must be more quiet -change

2. Sounds of AK74 and AKSU isn't very good - change

3. Reload sounds of RPG, and Anti-Air Manpods like strela and Stinger is stock-arma - change

4. Impact sounds of bullets into concrete, floor, grass, body, wood must be changed as you cant hear any of them currently(i mean especially the one into floor and grass).

5. PK-sound isn't very good quality compared to other weapons and needs a change (why not giving sound of Tanks PK?)

6. Add sounds of walking on different floor-types and sounds of your moving gear(like in FDF 1.3)

7. Change nearly all bulletcracks but KEEP the ones from silenced guns.

8. Tweak many of the different explosion-sounds to have a powerfull reverberation after the main explosion (listen at the end of this file: example-explosion )

9.Too loud reverb at SVD Dragunov fire. It sound like recorded with high hills around

10. Tanks shots of Main-battle-guns is to quiet and to short (should have a longer reverb), however the ones from T72 is better than the ones from M1A1

11. Sounds of dropping bullet-casings please in all big MG's in tanks and vehicles

12. Sound of M113 Vulcans cannon shuold be changed...

A10 Thunderbold:

I hope you consider these, because the other sounds are great IMHO and you can manage it to become a real competitor to FDF-Sounds.

Regards, Christian

Okay guys and gals we have settled things with Fromz and all is okay. But i still owe him public apologize, coming to this topic and acting like looney and generally being an asshole in internet is easy and i´m guilty of being one, and for that i´m truly sorry.

I just need to concentrate my energy to visitor3 instead of being an idiot. biggrin_o.gif

Great! Good to see that ppl can and are able to get along here smile_o.gif

Well there are way too many nice beefed up gun sounds & explosions in this to ignore it as a mod I will use.

What lets it down is the distant bullet & bullet crack sounds, I will mix in CSM ones to this (for my own use) ... I just feel they are too dry and stick out too much, they actually make it LESS immersive as they sound too falsely added into the battle IMO.

If I were making this mod I would take out the bullet crack and distant bullet fire sounds and lower the levels slightly with a little less dead end to the audio sounds, the rest of it bar a few guns (no biggie) is very nice indeed.

one sound that i dont like is the burst fire sound when you 20 or so meters away from a freind and they are clearly firing only single shot ...i know this is meant to be a distant sound but a little realism wouldnt hurt where it counts single shots for single burst for burst and full auto for full auto

thats my only thing i have found other than a few sounds are rather flat and without deapth other than that fromz mate good work your raising the bar another notch

The Shilka sound is really bugged.

I think the Shilka sounds great - what's bugged about it?

For me it only plays one bang sound and then after about 3 seconds another one plays. It should sound like any other automatic weapon.

I'm having trouble getting this working in 1.09. What am I supposed to do exactly?

Will it only work with the original version? I can only find the fixed version everywhere I look.

I'm having trouble getting this working in 1.09. What am I supposed to do exactly?

Will it only work with the original version? I can only find the fixed version everywhere I look.

Check the Topic at top of page1

I have fixed it

============================================

Thanks mr.g-c a lot! Your suggestion makes a big sense.

and Goeth, We have get along as usual~ smile_o.gif

trooper_ryan and JoshuaC, The Shilka's shotting sound will be checked. Thank you.

mrcash2009 and ONI.au, about the bullet & bullet crack sounds, I feel mine are just a simulation for which are heard like in real life, and burst sounds, They are also just give you a feeling, not very accurate.

So I will don't change them at this version. but I will improve them as batter as I can, maybe update in FFAMM1.5. Thanks

so i can use modfolder to run the pack? i just put the 2 1.09b files to modfolder and run ém with the -mod=beta;modfolder??

Put these 4 files to your modfolder

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

fromz_ffamm.pbo (from "Hotfix1.09")

fromz_ffamm.pbo.FROMZ.bisign (from "Hotfix1.09")

fromz_sounds.pbo

fromz_sounds.pbo.FROMZ.bisign

and then

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">-mod=beta;modfolder

Cheers

thnx dude, that made so I can uderstand it.

here u go...

=============================================================

FFAMM1.41 Perfect Version Updated

-------------------------------------------------------------

* Fix the problem of ATI graphics users error when use low-resolution.

* Amende two RPG-7 explosion sounds

* Amende two M136 explosion sounds

* Revise six grenade explosions sounds

* Revise sound of smoke grenade

* Revise throwing grenades sound

* Repair of the M1A1, M256 shooting sound

* Improve the body flies surrounding environment sound

* Improve the environment sound of sea during the daylight

* Add a pipebomb explosion sound.

* Improve the Shilka fire sound of ZSU23

* Revise Ka50 engine sound

* Revise the AH6, MH6 helicopter engine sound

* Improve the Humvee engine sound

* Revise G36C, G36K, MP5SD, shooting sound

* Improve AK74 series firearms shooting sound

* Improve M4SPR shooting sound

* Improve the M24 reloadSound

* Improve the PK machine gun shooting sound

* Improve the PK machine gun reloadMagazineSound

* Revise AKS74UN shooting sound

=============================================================

Download FFAMM1.41 Perfect Version- 27MB

-------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for perfect version, fromz

Mirror from Assault Mission Studio.

FFAM V1.41P

Regards

Imutep xmas_o.gif

I have to say that this is growing on me day by day. I am getting used to bullet cracks and distant fire, maybe they should be toned down in volume slightly but so far I have it loaded still, great work and thanks for the new update perfect version.

Well, I was disappointed when I found no youtube video at the first post, but that one there was good (the video wasn't perfect, but the sounds were great, no offense to the video maker.)

Video on our page is v1.4 only .. if you meant that (no offense taken btw, it wasnt supposed to look good hrhr).

I´ve yet to test the new version, but maybe another short video will follow..

edit:

I have 4 sound mods ready to use at any time and I often load different ones just for a change.

I am currently using Fromz's and I am enjoying it very much.

Thanks for your work. smile_o.gif