Sign in to follow this  
fromz

Fromz's sound mod | ffamm1.4

Goeth, do you have a recipt for your purchase of the 'Hollywood Edge' sound DVD and 'BBC Effect Library' you got your sounds from? wink_o.gif The BBC effect Library retails for 11,999$

All of these sounds that are in these sound packs come from somewhere, usually a sound disk or sound disk library. HollyWood Edge is just one the companies who sounds I have heard used repeatedly throughout most of the sound mods out there. unless they were made in your own folley studio in your basement, isn't it a little pointless claiming 'copyright infringement'?

Being a sound engineer here in Toronto, I can however relate to the authors complaint, alot of work goes into modifying these effect libraries to get them to sound the way you want them to... Convolution reverb, spectral filtering, etc... I know where you're coming from, I also know that I wouldn't claim a copyright on a commercial sample disk...

Just my 2 cents.

we had the same problem with the AACF sound mod last year there was a missunderstanding due to some of our sounds being very close to some in chammy's sound mod and there were some heated discussions  simply because the sounds came from the same samples

now unless you have gone out and recorded the sound yourself from actual live fires in my opinion you have no right to claim a sound as yours( which i have done for the AAW steyr pack i went out and recorded live fire of the steyr and sampled it and made it workable in arma that is my sound and i can say that cause i went and recorded it live)

if you say you have copywrited your sound packs lads you cant there is no jurisdiction for it and i can see if people are gonna play that card then well you might aswell be paying all the people on youtube and all the recordists that have supplied umpteen thousand sound files freely available on the web cause they are the suppliers of the sounds you so easily copywrited  and say hey these are my sound hands off

all i can say is grow up  and grow a pair

and fromz mate great guns keep up the great work

Oh man here we go again, i ask every ArmA site owner to take this mod away from download sections due copyright violations.

When I woke up this morning and found so many troubles.

I admit that refered to your excellent scripts, but the scripts are not the BIS's similar?

I admit that refered to your excellent sounds, which I have not heard sound of any rockets or missiles, Need I remove all the effects sounds like your ones?

In fact I refered to many many weapon sound packs!

I originally wanted to give you information through PM, but I think there is no need,

My FFAMM1.4 has total of hundreds of sounds, do you recognize that the vast majority are totally different?

My impression is not directly used or directly modify your any sounds, but do not rule out amending part of a single sound.

If you had a copyright infringement, I apologize to the statement, but I does not intend to seek your permission, you pointed out the sounds similar to yours, if the sounds indeed similar to yours, show our own original sound material and upload to comparison please.

I am working in an American Music and Animation Film company, I am a 3d artist, My colleague who in Music Department Lent me a lot of audio material,

Include

The Warner Bros. Sound Effects Library

Sony MediaSoftware Sony Pictures Sound Effects Series

Sound.Ideas.Series.5000.Wheels

Sound Ideas Series 6000 Sound Effects Library

Delta Digital Sound Effects

Digital Juice Sound FX Library

The Hollywood Edge Busted FX And Most Wanted Cdda

and many others

I also refered to combat videos from http://www.militaryvideos.net/ and many media websides.

and google serch of "sound effects"

We are Volunteers, Don't forget that. I am sorry, and I feel a bit tired. However, I can hold on.

Guys, please wait my FFAMM1.41 perfect version.

Goeth, open the door, walk out side and get a life. There are some valid points of major copyright infringements on your behalf. the whole people in glass houses thing.

Quote[/b] ]All material in the FDF sound pack is copyrighted, free redistribution is permitted for the original

FDF sound pack package as long as it is kept unmodified and distributed 100% free of any kind of charge.

Distribution of parts of the FDF sound pack or the distribution of modifications of the Finnish Defence Forces mod

is forbidden without permission from the authors.

Just my own curiosity here, witch country did you lodge the copyright with?

Fromz, all I can say is keep up the good work, I think I'll be using these as my default sounds for now. Is there any way to get the 6th Sense tracers to work with your sound mod because that's the only thing that I really dislike (not having tracers).

I love how people are so quick to play the "copyright infringement" card when they don't legally own any rights to it. You can't just throw down a pretty little copyright symbol (©) and say it has copyright protection. You have to PAY to have something copyrighted, and I'm pretty sure you'd have to prove that whatever it is is yours or get permission to do so if its not).

Hey,

Good sounds, really amazed how the background firefights are like!

I hope you can give the vehicles some sounds too.

Page1

------------------------

Israelieagle

Quote[/b] ]no dude oh no the new sound pack is horrible i rather stick to 1.3 sound pack actually ive just heard FDF in xam so i will pass to FDF sorry man you lose some you win some

I think the FFAMM1.4 is have more realism than last versions, Maybe you are not accustomed to smile_o.gif "Fromz's feeling" is the meaning smile_o.gif

------------------------

thunderbird84

Quote[/b] ]This pack is very close to what I heared in real life so far since the 'mettalic aspect' of firearms SFX is quite well reproduced, loud and vivid.

In real life, you don't perceive the echo in the same way depending on whether you are close to the weapon or not.

If you are the shooter, the echo sounds really tiny compared to whether you are watching "a shooting sequence" from a specific angle and a certain distance.

Regards,

TB

Thanks for praise and your suggestion, The crack sounds are different between specific angle and a certain distance when you use 1st person i think. I try to make them batter.:)

BTW, Thanks very much for your fix and update! thanks mate.

------------------------

Quote[/b] ]how do u run the 1.09b sounds?? i put the sounds in beta/addons.

should i run them in root or what???

Just use your 1.09b link and like this

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">E:\ArmA\beta\arma.exe -mod=beta;@FROMZ -nosplash -window

Use the Hotfix1.09 configs which i put in that folder smile_o.gif

------------------------

Page2

Pauliesss and Mr Groch

Quote[/b] ]Ive tried the "unfixed" version for 1.09 and it is working without any error.
Quote[/b] ]"unfixed" version works for me fine in 1.08, and with "fixed"

version, servers that are checking signatures, kicks me...

So I advice you to use "unfixed" version with resolution

higher than 1024x768

Yes I test at two PCs the "unfixed" version is no problem, but maybe the new GUI cause someone cann't load..

But nevermind, fixed.

------------------------

M@ster

Quote[/b] ]WoW Great sounds

You Tube Video / Sounds

Mirror:

www.ofp-arma.cznhl.com

Thank you mate! smile_o.gif

I can't upload to youtube, there is a simple video by myself

Check

------------------------

I can't believe Armaholic disabled the download because of this lame-ass copyright thing. I think Goeth thinks the FDF sound pack is like Genesis - it all started with FDF!

notworthy.gif

And has anyone independently verified this horrifying breach of international copyright law? Goeth, please contact your solicitors at once!

Pfft, what a joke.

I LOVE YOU FROMZ!

so i can use modfolder to run the pack? i just put the 2 1.09b files to modfolder and run ém with the -mod=beta;modfolder??

so i can use modfolder to run the pack? i just put the 2 1.09b files to modfolder and run ém with the -mod=beta;modfolder??

Put these 4 files to your modfolder

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

fromz_ffamm.pbo (from "Hotfix1.09")

fromz_ffamm.pbo.FROMZ.bisign (from "Hotfix1.09")

fromz_sounds.pbo

fromz_sounds.pbo.FROMZ.bisign

and then

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">-mod=beta;modfolder

Cheers

Cannot create system memory surface 4444, 1024x768(size209752 b)

Error code 887686c

ffamm_splash.paa is 1024x768

My guess is that the Nvidia owners get around the 2^x / 2^y texture dimensions restriction while Ati owners get the error mentioned.

Take a look here: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/TexView_2_Manual#Supported_formats

HTH

Oh man here we go again, i ask every ArmA site owner to take this mod away from download sections due copyright violations.

zero basis to this, sorry

I can't believe Armaholic disabled the download because of this lame-ass copyright thing. I think Goeth thinks the FDF sound pack is like Genesis - it all started with FDF!

notworthy.gif

And has anyone independently verified this horrifying breach of international copyright law? Goeth, please contact your solicitors at once!

Pfft, what a joke.

I LOVE YOU FROMZ!

I prefer FDF_Sounds anyway.

nener.gif

- definitevely better vehicle sounds in FDF

- a lot of weapons are in FDF better too

I don't see why Armaholic isn't hosting it up any more, there is no copyright protection on the FDF mod, it's a third-party addon that didn't even own the sounds they used in the first place (maybe a few, but not enough to copyright much).

I prefer FDF_Sounds anyway.

nener.gif

- definitevely better vehicle sounds in FDF

- a lot of weapons are in FDF better too

Is it really necessary for you to be a complete jackass? If you don't have anything constructive to say then why post about it at all?

fromz great work mate total respect. notworthy.gif

p.s. Kroky, don't bother the adults why we are talking. Furthermore you must be deaf of never heard a weapon of any kind discharge in your life.

Quote[/b] ]there is no copyright protection on the FDF mod, it's a third-party addon that didn't even own the sounds they used in the first place (maybe a few, but not enough to copyright much).

Of course Goeth can put a copyright on sounds he produced on his own or did the postproduction on royalty free ones. It´s his own decision to do so and the disclaimer that came with the FDF release clearly states that. If Fromz decided not to contact the original author of content from his own soundpack than it´s not Goeth´s fault, but Fromz.

It´s quite natural that people are somewhat disturbed if they find their own work in another mod without prior requests for authorization.

If you want to bash someone, bash Fromz for not asking and using other peoples stuff for his own mod without even giving proper credits.

There seem to be a lot of "experts" here who seem to know what Goeth made or not. I guess you should leave it up to him and Fromz to sort this out as you simply do not have a clue of what has gone wrong.

Goeth is known to be a honest person and if he says that Fromz used things from FDF mod he was not allowed to use, I believe him. Quit your bashing and let those 2 handle the issue.

I didn't mean for it to sound like I don't think he should be upset that someone uses something that he worked on without asking, that's completely logical for him to be. But to come in and start pulling the whole copyright violation thing is a bit much.

Quote[/b] ]Goeth is known to be a honest person and if he says that Fromz used things from FDF mod he was not allowed to use, I believe him. Quit your bashing and let those 2 handle the issue.

I see, But my sounds are all postproduction and test and test one by one, not a simple copy.

My company bought the sound packs such as

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">The Warner Bros. Sound Effects Library

And I used them for Non-profit purpose.

I refered to many many weapon sound packs and videos to check a sound is real or not.

Goeth and FDF team, I don't wanna have the discord, Point the sounds which sound like yours, I will change and repost them, But, I don't wanna your what permission. I have enough material to creat new ones.

BTW, I am sorry if I harm you guys. I am not intentional

Balschoiw, thanks for encouraging people to "bash" others. Really contructive and, well, courageous of you. Btw, congrats on the pseudo-mod promotion!

The same sound can appear tens of times on various sites and no one can claim ownership, no matter what they write in the readme. If I make a sound mod and use a sound from say liveleak.org, and say that sound was previously used in the FDF sound pack, do I have to obide by the FDF "copyright"? No freakin way.

Now if Fromz had used a sound exclusively made in a folley studio at MGM, he might be in trouble. This is all academic anyway. The FDF mod guys aren't going to sue Fromz, and that's their only recourse. If webmasters want to take down the file, that's their business,even though its a cop-out.

To Fromz I say Hoorah! Release the pack and don't look at these forums again! To those who choose to BASH others, I say "Think carefully before you bash, as tomorrow it may be you being bashed."

Great job Fromz, keep up the good job and don´t let these minor setbacks get you.

As long as you guys keep doing these mods and stuff for free (unprofitable) lets try to keep things nice and friendly here.

This have been one of the "friendliest" gaming communities where I have been or been posting, so I really hope that this will remain the same.

notworthy.gif

If Goeth took sounds from the royalty-free sound libraries, including:

Quote[/b] ]

The Warner Bros. Sound Effects Library

Then how is it his own work?

These sound packs are available to anyone who has an internet connection and a credit card, and he is going to put a copyright on that because he used it in the FDF soundpack?

I guess I'm going to court, along with thousands of other people for using the same texture in a royalty-free, purchasable texture library because Valve used it in their game.

If it's his own, created work, then sure, I see the valid argument, but they're from a commercial sound database, then it's like throwing pebbles at plexiglass.

Put these 4 files to your modfolder

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

fromz_ffamm.pbo (from "Hotfix1.09")

fromz_ffamm.pbo.FROMZ.bisign (from "Hotfix1.09")

fromz_sounds.pbo

fromz_sounds.pbo.FROMZ.bisign

and then

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">-mod=beta;modfolder

Cheers

thnx dude, that made so I can uderstand it.

BTW anyway u could add the tracers in the new version allso??? no need to modife them, just throw the tracers in from 1.3

actually fromz i liked the 1.3 M4/m16 sounds better, but i will use this 1 because so many new sounds are added.

Amazing sound pack, completely blows 1.3 away in my opinion. Keep up the great work can't wait for next update smile_o.gif

If royalty free and even copyrighted samples (video audio) were used from same sample packs / videos / sound files, FDF has no right to claim to their sound mod and nor does any other mod, therefore there is no copyright protection unless you were the actual creator of the recorded audio !!!!!

Cheers

Edit: But I think it is good to have respect for other Mods especially in the community. For example, coincidentally finding the same sample of an m16 that was used in FDF and is found in Fromz is not an acceptable excuse for infringment to be based upon. However completely taking majority of the same sounds, not even from the FDF pack but from the same sample library could be considered infringment here in the community.

Armaholic.com has disabled the download just to make sure we respect everybody's wishes. We always try to make sure everything we host is in the good level of community cooperation.

After I read Goeth's post I decided to disable it, not cause I think Fromz did some bad work/things but cause I rather read more info about this issue and than make up my mind!

Like now, there are 2 pages of info about this matter and some responses by Fromz.

This looks good enough for me but now I would like to read what Goeth has to say about that. Than we go from there smile_o.gif

Why cant all modders just get along!? Im mean its kindof getting like "mine is better than your's" i.e "my sounds sound like your's so take them out"! Guys modding is voluntary, expect ppl to use bits and pieces of of others mods. Ive tried many many mods for amra and looked into the mods them self's and some of the sounds are taken from other games but they keep it quiet because of actual lawsuits regarding EULA. Hell ppl can use my little mods all they want as long as they give me credit for them as some have! I was going to release several sound mods as the sounds came from games i own but didnt due to thier own scripting work and they dont seem to reply to pm's for permision.

The arma community is great and freindly thats why im still here so lets keep it that way. Mods you dont like, dont use!!

Keep it up Fromz great work.

Quote[/b] ]p.s. Kroky, don't bother the adults why we are talking. Furthermore you must be deaf of never heard a weapon of any kind discharge in your life.
Well put, class!!!