Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

1.09 beta patch troubleshooting thread.

Russian version.

Ammo count bug still present... why? It is just a "two bytes fix" in stringtable.csv. I wrote about it on bugs.armed-assault.net a long time ago.

ammocountbugck6.jpg

BTW TrackIR working fine with 1.09.

this is what I have in my desktop shortcut with fresh install

Target: E:\Atari\ArmA\beta\arma_server.exe

Start in: E:\Atari\ArmA\beta

I get the same "No Entry'.profilePathDefault'. if i run it from the shortcut I placed on the desktop or the arma_server.exe file in the beta folder and it does it on both of my computers. one running the U.S version and one running the German DL version.

Fixed below. Thank you.

this is what I have in my desktop shortcut with fresh install

Target: E:\Atari\ArmA\beta\arma_server.exe

Start in: E:\Atari\ArmA\beta

I get the same "No Entry'.profilePathDefault'. if i run it from the shortcut I placed on the desktop or the arma_server.exe file in the beta folder and it does it on both of my computers. one running the U.S version and one running the German DL version.

it has to

Start in: E:\Atari\ArmA

My ArmA game keep freezing on me with the new beta patch. It happens when I play in game after about 3 -5 mins, and even when I start ArmA up and the intro/background scenes run for about the same amount of time.

My details are:

P4 2.3Ghz

1024 RAM (Dual Channel)

Powercolour ATI x1950Pro 8xAGP

1440x900x60Hz

Maxmem = 512 (Using Kegety's ArmA Launcher)

Windows XP SP2 (latest updates)

Direct X 9.0c (latest)

ATI Catalyst Driver 7.10 (latest drivers)

ATI Tray Tool 1.36

LogiGamer

Any ideas why it would be doing this on my system?

I had no problems with the 1.08 patch but as you can see from my details, I'm in desperate need of the extra frame-rate. I hope this doesn't carry over into the final 1.09 version either!

--------------------

EDIT: Problem was hardware related and not software. My PSU is insufficient for the amount of things I got in my computer now-a-days and running ANY game. I've now unplugged an optical drive and have ArmA v1.09 beta running very nicely. Thanks to all for the help!

I´m going to reinstall Arma totally as something doesn´t seem to be right. When I start Arma the checkboxes come up, get marked one by one, dissapear and then nothing happens for about 1-2 minutes while in task manager the arma.exe is shown to cause 30 percent CPU load. Just windows desktop visible. After that waiting time it starts but as mentioned elsewhere the performance I get is very bad.

Guess it´s time for a clean reinstall.

I´m going to reinstall Arma totally as something doesn´t seem to be right. When I start Arma the checkboxes come up, get marked one by one, dissapear and then nothing happens for about 1-2 minutes while in task manager the arma.exe is shown to cause 30 percent CPU load. Just windows desktop visible. After that waiting time it starts but as mentioned elsewhere the performance I get is very bad.

Guess it´s time for a clean reinstall.

That`s strange, especially as ArmA in Version 1.09 no longer needs the DVD to start. huh.gif

as i havent played Arma, or any other games for that matter for a while, i just dloaded this beta, fired up vanilla 1.09b and flew for half an hour with 10Km ViewDistance with all settings on High, on a A10 over Sahrani, no maxmem in shortcut...FPS where choppy but, no fog! beautiful, and no GPU memory issues, can someone confirm this? or was i just lucky?

On another issue, above 2000m altitude +\-, the textures of land slightly above or below sea level where flickering a lot.

All latest official whql drivers and firmware, software and up to date OS,

XP Pro 64bit

Intel Core 2 6600 (oc'ed)

Xfi extremegamer

BFG 8800 gtx

4GB RAM

1680X1050 - 60hz

My ArmA game keep freezing on me with the new beta patch. It happens when I play in game after about 3 -5 mins, and even when I start ArmA up and the intro/background scenes run for about the same amount of time.

My details are:

P4 2.3Ghz

1024 RAM (Dual Channel)

Powercolour ATI x1950Pro 8xAGP

1440x900x60Hz

Maxmem = 512 (Using Kegety's ArmA Launcher)

Windows XP SP2 (latest updates)

Direct X 9.0c (latest)

ATI Catalyst Driver 7.10 (latest drivers)

ATI Tray Tool 1.36

LogiGamer

Any ideas why it would be doing this on my system?

I had no problems with the 1.08 patch but as you can see from my details, I'm in desperate need of the extra frame-rate. I hope this doesn't carry over into the final 1.09 version either!

Remove the Maxmem = 512

Geforce 8800 GTS with 4 gig of Ram on Vista 64 black screen (no graphics loading) problem still here in 1.09.

Before I get flamed that Vista is not supported of which I am aware.

I am trying to make sense of the fact Arma 1.08 and 1.09 do work with the old Nvidia drivers upto 1.58.45.  Every nvidia driver since has stopped Arma from working.

It worked with the hardware and Vista 64 OS once, why can't it work with the new Nvidia drivers ? confused_o.gif

Regards

Jas

I have Geforce 8800 GTS with 4 gig of Ram on Vista 32 bit using Driver Version: 7.15.11.6375 (or 163.75_forceware_winxp_32bit_english_whql) and it runs good.

check this out it mite help you

Update for Windows Vista (KB940105)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloa....lang=en

Thanks Aussie Dave, but this black loading screen is a 64bit issue.

Others have reported same issue remains with 1.09 in other reports also on the 64bit OS.

Appreciate the hint, but tried all I have come across except the boot menu setup to drop to 3 gig of ram, as this is going too far to have to reboot every time I want to play when it works fine with older Nvdia drivers.

I'll keep praying for a miracle

jas

Hi,

Grass has disappear on United Sahrani map, after installation of patch 1.09beta.

On the left: Sahrani ; on the right: United Sahrani (click to enlarge)

sahranismall.jpg unitedsahranismall.jpg

Am I the only one who's got this problem ?

PS: no mods installed, just ArmA + QG. I made tests with all possible settings.

I've got a 7950GX2 card and 163.75 ForceWare driver.

Edit: sorry, I didn't read the readme file attached to the patch, and I didn't use the 4 QG's files.

Anyone have a 3870 paying this game is the fog bug there and what is performance like?

Ok ive read all the posts to this thread but im having a similer problem to Balschoiw!

What is happening is that ill boot arma up using the beta patch, i get to the menu screen but seconds after the screen will just dissipear like ive minimised but it isnt. Then if i look in my task man its still running!! Odd! Now ive tried this with QG and without and still no go.

Fresh install of arma also.

Using the shortcut that the 1.09 created.

My hardware:

Duo core 2 e6600

XFX 680i

XFX GF 8800 GTX XXX edition

X-Fi Extreme gamer

4 Gb 6400 ddr 2 corsair

750 watt psu

Still baffling me!!

I keep getting the BSOD with my system on normal settings (Default card settings and low settings to test with).

I also get complete lock ups...

My system:

Pentium e6850 cd2 (3.0)

SB Audigy 2 ZS (platinum)

2.0GB of OCZ Ram (dual chan ddr platinum)

75gb hdd (raptor)

Gigabyte Mobo...

BFG 8800GTS 640mb vga...

Now explain to me why!!!

Is it the sound card?

Any updates on the LOD issue?

Im getting slow texture loading and lod problems much faster in this patch.

@ enven do you have the latest Nvidia drivers??

If so ive found out arma 1.09 will only work on the new drivers but not on the old ones i was using which was my problem. I was using the 163.71 drivers and were fine but the new patch wouldnt let me play it. So i updated and tried all the drivers from 163.71 and they all bsod me from 3-10 seconds on 3d intensive games.

I had to go back to the 163.71 drivers so i could actualy play other games. Im gutted i cant even play Arma and test the new patch out and not to mention "Coldwar re-armed".

How do I identify the 1.07 beta information folder in my Arma folder?

I have a single folder in there named "beta" should I simply delete that? I installed the 1.07 beta way back when so I am sure I have it.

Is that all it will take? The reason I ask is because I have the download version and having to reinstall it if i mess something up...well it is a big hassle.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

The folder called "beta" is what contains any previous beta so you should ideally delete folder that yes, you need to be patched to 1.08 before installing 1.09, if you have ArmA:Gold or Queen's Gambit then you should already be patched to 1.08 anyway smile_o.gif

Short bugreport for 1.09:

- Bike bug - i still fall of the bike for no apparent reason and die

- vehicle chat not working for some ppl (you can see other ppls vehicle chat but they can't see yours)

- same thing for direct chat (only if in a vehicle)

Anyone have a 3870 paying this game is the fog bug there and what is performance like?

i was in hope for better performance with all set to 'NORMAL'

(for some reason there is lot of VRAM free and even more Texture memory free)

huge performance hit from AntiAliasing set to 'NORMAL'

it would be very playabled at 'LOW" but because of visual glitches it's not usable

* i guess ArmA don't support new AA modes offered by HD38xx serie

also i get weird errors on 'AntiAliasing' set to 'LOW' and shadows set higher than 'NORMAL'

also i get weird errors on power line cables (looks like rnd white pixels on these at distance beyond 250-350M)

I keep getting the BSOD with my system on normal settings (Default card settings and low settings to test with).

I also get complete lock ups...

My system:

Pentium e6850 cd2 (3.0)

SB Audigy 2 ZS (platinum)

2.0GB of OCZ Ram (dual chan ddr platinum)

75gb hdd (raptor)

Gigabyte Mobo...

BFG 8800GTS 640mb vga...

Now explain to me why!!!

Is it the sound card?

uncheck hardware acceleration in sound settings.

check out the readme. there's a known issue with soundblaster cards and VON..

Mm...

Problem with the sky, it just TOO clear... it's only one texture covering the entire sky.

I had a screeshot, but it is in another computer and i didn't check if it is a 1.08 problem too, but it only happened the second time that i used the beta.

Yes, the second time, the first one didn't have any troubles, the sky looked good and eveyithing (just with 2 FPS because of my crappy graphic card)

EDIT: It looks like this: http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/1889/109patchbughc3.jpg (just the sky)

Quote[/b] ]DeathMessages=0; //Death messages off

NetStats=0; //Scoreboard

DO NOT WORK!

Tryed with 1; and tryed in every server config.

Ignore above post, we fixed it :P

Not sure if this is related to the patch, but just played a 1v1 deathmatch to test a few things quick and my modem lost connection - it has been playing up recently, server and my end said JasonO is loosing connection - fair enough.

However, while I was trying to reconnect the other guy (and server log shows it) see's this -

Quote[/b] ] 1:35:42 Player -{GOL}-JasonO is losing connection

1:36:06 -{GOL}-JasonO uses modified exe file

1:36:38 -{GOL}-JasonO uses modified exe file

Never seen it before, but it happens to myself and a clan mate when we start loosing connection.

I'm running the exe in beta folder, so shouldn't see a problem?

i was in hope for better performance with all set to 'NORMAL'

(for some reason there is lot of VRAM free and even more Texture memory free)

huge performance hit from AntiAliasing set to 'NORMAL'

it would be very playabled at 'LOW" but because of visual glitches it's not usable

* i guess ArmA don't support new AA modes offered by HD38xx serie

also i get weird errors on 'AntiAliasing' set to 'LOW' and shadows set higher than 'NORMAL'

also i get weird errors on power line cables (looks like rnd white pixels on these at distance beyond 250-350M)

what are your sepcs?