Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

1.09 beta patch troubleshooting thread.

Having trouble running my mods from the beta desktop icon.

I changed the target line to read....

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -mod=beta -nosplash;DBE1;FDF_Sounds;@Armaeffects

But none of my other mods run when I run from this target.

I can run 1.09 with no prob just doesn't seem to run QG or my sound and effect mods....

Any suggestions?

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -mod=beta -nosplash;DBE1;FDF_Sounds;@Armaeffects

I can run 1.09 with no prob just doesn't seem to run QG or my sound and effect mods....

Any suggestions?

Try like this:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -mod=beta;DBE1;FDF_Sounds;@Armaeffects -nosplash

smile_o.gif

Just discovered something strange, I'd been having some texture /LOD issues (turn round and suddenly things have no textures and such), I was playing with everything set to normal, changed textures to very high, no more slow loading textures, and negligible performance hit, very strange, I'm using rivatuner to display vram usage, frame rate, ram usage and such.

Also, I disabled my pagefile to try to force my 2gb of ram to be used, but even though I have no pagefile rivatuner shows there is one and it's being used, and process manager shows there is a pagefile and it's being used, annoying that I'm using only about 1.2gb ram maximum + 1gb or so virtual memory, anyone know how I can force zero virtual memory and increase usage of my ram instead? Using windows XP64

System Specs:

XP 64 SP 2

AMD Athlon 3700+ CPU

2 GB Ram

Geforce 6800 (256mb)

Forceware 169.21

DirectX 9.0c

Also, I disabled my pagefile to try to force my 2gb of ram to be used, but even though I have no pagefile rivatuner shows there is one and it's being used, and process manager shows there is a pagefile and it's being used, annoying that I'm using only about 1.2gb ram maximum + 1gb or so virtual memory, anyone know how I can force zero virtual memory and increase usage of my ram instead? Using windows XP64

Virtual memory is not the same thing as page file. Virtual memory can be backed up by physical memory or a page file. You cannot access physical memory unless you have a virtual memory mapped to it. Therefore to use 1 GB of RAM, you need to use at least 1 GB of virtual memory.

Virtual memory is not the same thing as page file. Virtual memory can be backed up by physical memory or a page file. You cannot access physical memory unless you have a virtual memory mapped to it. Therefore to use 1 GB of RAM, you need to use at least 1 GB of virtual memory.

Aha I see thanks, always helps to have it explained simply by the lead programmer wink_o.gif

Thanks for the links Dwarden, I skimmed them, next time I have pagefile questions I know where some informative links are smile_o.gif

-Reaper @ Dec. 26 2007,07:51)]

Any suggestions?

Try like this:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -mod=beta;DBE1;FDF_Sounds;@Armaeffects -nosplash

smile_o.gif

Thanks a lot man that did it!

if i'm correct beta should be last in mod folder order ...

correct me if i'm wrong smile_o.gif

if i'm correct beta should be last in mod folder order ...

correct me if i'm wrong smile_o.gif

Can you point to a reason why?

Dear developers!

1) Since first release you don't fix one bug for Russian language:

See "BIN\stringtable.csv" string resource STR_NUM_MAGAZINES for English it is "%s (%d pcs.)" but for Russian it is "%s (%2 шт.)". It result in not to displaying number of selected pcs. in ammo crates ets. Pease fix it in 1.09 release.

2) Please fix next minor but impotant inaccuracy for Russian language:

BIN\stringtable.csv

STR_NOBODY: Нет (not) -> Никто (nobody)

STR_STATE_GETIN: Транспорт (vehicle) -> Посадка (embussing)

STR_STATE_ACTION: Бой (battle, combat, fight, fighting, action) -> Выполняет (implementing, executing, performing)

STR_ACTION_EJECT: Катапультироваться (catapult, only for aircraft) -> Выскочить (jump out, suitable for aircraft and land vehicles)

STR_ACTION_LADDEROFF: Сбросить лестницу (throw down, drop ledder) -> Отпустить лестницу (release hands from ledder)

STR_SENSORACTIV_NONE: Нет (not) -> Никто (nobody)

That's all for now.

If I'll see that you hear me, I'll find more inaccuracy for Russian language and tell you.

Best regards

Selya

I've had my first ArmA BSOD for a while, in a server using VOIP. "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" caused by "ha10kx2k.sys"

I have a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS with Hardware Acceleration enabled. I have since read the known issues and disabled it. I am disappointed ArmA seems to be so incompatible with this sound card.

Recoil: I think some would call it a "feature", not a bug - but I agree that the recoil is now _very_ wrong on most weapons - MG recoil _downwards_ for instance - but even the normal rifles have very little recoil now - this is way too "easy" now IMO, nobody can fire those rifles with the arcadish amount of recoil in RL.  TBO I far preferred the recoils _as they were_ as to me they made sense.

(edit: most content moved to general section, dint realise was in troubleshooting - duh)

I've had my first ArmA BSOD for a while, in a server using VOIP. "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" caused by "ha10kx2k.sys"

I have a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS with Hardware Acceleration enabled. I have since read the known issues and disabled it. I am disappointed ArmA seems to be so incompatible with this sound card.

read beta readme, known issues with VOIP VON implementation

disable hw acceleration ...

Please change it: when I get out from the tank or something another the weapon is switched again in a semi-automatic mode.

Hit F again.

I'm the only one who doesn't have clouds? My sky is just a HUGE single texture :\

Hit F again.

I'm the only one who doesn't have clouds? My sky is just a HUGE single texture :\

Nope, you ain't alone.

109patchbughc3.jpg

I think BIS should look into this.

My specs:

Intel Q6600

2 GB RAM

GeForce 7500 LE

ok the LOD loading issues and textures loading are terrible after longer gameplay ...

flushing or switching to desktop and back change of resolution and back ...

that fix it for like 5m and then it's back again ...

The Grass kills my PC when i am zoomed in on the optics in prone position.Everywhere on sara.

Up north in the forrests it also kills FPS like never before.I have just Updated my PC and now ARMA runs worse than it did before I updated my pc.

I much prefer the long grass like in v1.08.

I have experimented myself with different grass combos and found the Tall grass wasnt that bad on FPS and the flower clutter objects made it run heavy.I replaced some flower for tall grass and perfect, instant FPS increase.

Will there ever be Patch released that will rectify the bug that stops AI boarding, disembarking and the rest of the pain in the butt behavior in MP environment.After having waited for almost seven years to simply fly in to an LZ and pick up an AI squad without having to perform actions and/or write scripts as long as my arm.Or having a Helicopter land for my squad to get in.If you ask me these are the first things i would have fixed when updating OFP to ARMA specs and not focusing on getting the "way beyond expectations" pretty grahics.I prefer simple games that work than pretty ones that dont.

Sorry if i seem a little rough but i have waited patiently over the years for a fix to this problem and have payed for each and every installment of OFP/ARMA hoping it will be fixed in the "next" version.

But i will finish by saying thank you for the Combat Simulator Of The Decade! :D

VOIP not working properly for me. I can only hear a little bit of the beginning when someone starts talking (less than a second), then I can't hear anything anymore. I can see the names of the VOIP users appearing still, though. (Some other players can hear everyone perfectly at same time, and they can hear me as well).

ok i think i semi-fixed the issue with ArmA @ HD3870 with AA set to low ...

you need manually switch AA type from something to something and then to 'wide-tent' (application preferences)

for some reason if it was stuck on 'box' type it cause glitches

Everything has been fine for the last few days but now when I start ArmA using the 1.09 Beta desktop shortcut I get a dialouge box saying: "No entry 'c:\users\Jack\Documents\ArmA\ArmA.cfg.3D_Performance'".  I click 'ok' and it goes away and ArmA loads but all my key and video settings have gone.  It should be noted that I do not have a 'ArmA.cfg.3D_performance' file in this location, but it never asked for one before! Any ideas?

I am using 32bit Vista btw.

Update: Changed video & some key settings and restarted game.  Settings were retained, but same dialouge box comes up.   

Update: problem solved as per [WWS]WarWolf's post below

@mcvittees, go to your my documents\arma\profiles folder, rename the arma.cfg to arma.bak, restart game, goto video options and hit the default button.

then close game, open the arma.bak and the NEW arma.cfg file in notepad or similar text-only editor, and copy the keyboard settings from the bak file across to the new cfg file that arma created.

My List of found errors:

1. Voip sometimes works, but most times i hear other speeches from other players very interrupted (maybe increase the priority of these packages?). Its at worst for the direct-talk feature. Also sometimes you can hear somebody and then suddenly he cant use its voip anymore (just see lips moving).

2. Using Window-Mode brings me randomized freezes about around every 5min, which end in a "black-screen" for about 0.5seconds and then the game runs again normal (for the next 5 mins)

Related to 2: Often when i exit the game after longer playtimes my windows is totally "fcked-up" and sometimes its either switched to the 16-colors mode and screen-resolution of the game, or my monitor switches "on- and off" every few seconds, like the monitor does usually when it changes resolution, refresh rates. So it seems the game locks something of the drivers or so... By the way: This also happens in the non-window mode!

3. Explosion of AT4 M136 warhead is sometimes to late triggered... Sometimes when firing such a weapon on a tank, it seems that the warhead is flying through the vehicle and then the explosion comes just 0.x seconds to late....

4. Cant enable "hardware accelerated sounds" in menu anymore.

Regards, Christian