Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

1.09 beta patch troubleshooting thread.

Hi,

I've created a dedicated server for me and my mates.

We can all get in, but one of our players can't select a player.

We get to the player select section, we can all select, BUT he can't. He's using exactly the same version n everything as he can join the server. Whats the problem?

I think we're all using the Arma & QG download, but he's using the DVD version.

We've checked the targets and start-in on his PC, no luck there.

I've checked everything on the server to make sure its all fine.

I just don't know what to do.

Is it somthing to do with profiles?

Do I need a folder for him in the C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\profiles\Users section?

We're using Xam and 1.09

Info

The Dedicated target is:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -server -profiles=profiles -mod=beta;@XAM1.4 -config=server.cfg

The dedicated start-in is:

"C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA"

HIS game target is:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -mod=beta;@XAM1.4 -maxmem=512

and HIS start-in is:

"C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA"

Here's a good one. I'm not 100% certain that it is relevant to v1.09 but I've done all of my testing thus far in v1.09 and I don't have a v1.08 server to test this on as a "control".

Playing on an evo server. Server-side vdist is set to 5000 meters. (I'm the server admin, so I know for sure.)

I log into the server this morning after playing all last week without the problem. I can only see 1000 meters. I think that's odd so I double check the server-side view setting (by extracting the mission PBO and searching there.) Server is set to 5000 meters.

I go in, try the ingame vdist adjustment controls in Evo, it's set to 5000 but I can't see beyond 5000.

I go make breakfast, stay in the server. Come back about 20 minutes later and I can see 5000 meters just fine like normal. Odd. I started doing research on my laptop while staying logged into the server. (ArmA is running on my desktop). As I'm researching this, I see that the view distance is quickly decreasing in ArmA, from 5000 to 1000. I think it's fog or rain, in game. But there are no fog or rain ellipses even near my position in game to explain it, just sunshine.

Log off, log back in, nothing. I can't seem to get it to stay at 5000 meters.

I have no asked any other players about it, but I haven't heard any complaints from any players today (I would very quickly).

I tried hosting a listen server on my gaming computer running the same copy of the mission being run on my server and I could see to 5000 meters.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi guys im hoping someone can help me with this...

Ever since ive added the patch whenever i press the caps-lock button to talk the game makes my PC reboot.

Ever since ive added the patch whenever i press the caps-lock button to talk the game makes my PC reboot.

Try turning off Hardware Acceleration in your audio options.

When inside a chopper if you get hit at the rear rotor and that you are flying at a good speed, your chopper isn't affected by the loss of the rear rotor, i don't know if it really works like that for real or if it's a bug ?

I've noticed this and I'm not sure if it's a bug or an improved damage model. As you say an AA or Shilka hits the rear of the cobra and you can still fly forward at speed but when you slow or try to hover the cobra starts to spin clockwise.

Although you can control it with a lot of rudder and luck your mission is over and your lucky if you can crash land - hence my assumption this was a model of damage to the tail rotor rather than a bug.

In a real helo the loss of the tail rotor cause immediate rotation of the aircraft, usually to the point of structural failure, and an unsurvivable crash (depending on the height fallen).

Here's a good one. I'm not 100% certain that it is relevant to v1.09 but I've done all of my testing thus far in v1.09 and I don't have a v1.08 server to test this on as a "control".

Playing on an evo server. Server-side vdist is set to 5000 meters. (I'm the server admin, so I know for sure.)

I log into the server this morning after playing all last week without the problem. I can only see 1000 meters. I think that's odd so I double check the server-side view setting (by extracting the mission PBO and searching there.) Server is set to 5000 meters.

I go in, try the ingame vdist adjustment controls in Evo, it's set to 5000 but I can't see beyond 5000.

I go make breakfast, stay in the server. Come back about 20 minutes later and I can see 5000 meters just fine like normal. Odd. I started doing research on my laptop while staying logged into the server. (ArmA is running on my desktop). As I'm researching this, I see that the view distance is quickly decreasing in ArmA, from 5000 to 1000. I think it's fog or rain, in game. But there are no fog or rain ellipses even near my position in game to explain it, just sunshine.

Log off, log back in, nothing. I can't seem to get it to stay at 5000 meters.

I have no asked any other players about it, but I haven't heard any complaints from any players today (I would very quickly).

I tried hosting a listen server on my gaming computer running the same copy of the mission being run on my server and I could see to 5000 meters.

Any help would be appreciated.

Update:

The problem is not related to the ingame weather. I checked the vdist settings in every file within the mission folder and they are all set to 5000 meters.

I installed the "InstantViewDistance" mod that allows me to change the vdist settings on my client anywhere and anytime.

Using the tool, I have found that my vdist keeps getting set back down to 1200 meters.

Additionally, this problem exists for all players that are on the server.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Has anyone being getting the voip issue where a small section of what someone has said in an MP server gets stuck in a constant loop playing over and over again.

Quite annoying.

I have ingame problem.

On the left side & the top side i got 2 thin lines colored with something that i don't know what it is.. sometimes you don't see them, but when you see them clearly that's really ugly.

Edit : I know where do these line come from, they are the upper and left side of the sahrani maps you can see when using the map shortcut. Now i have to find a way to get rid of it.

Nope, I had them and I was told they are from not setting the NVidia anti-alaising to "controlled by application"

Try that.

Boomboomer, that damage model is correct. Depending on the damage to the tail rotor you can keep forward airspeed and do a run-on landing.

I just did a search of this topic for "spy" and "pistol" and found nothing, so pardon my zinger if this was already posted.

Anyway, the independent spy seems to be... mmm, broken.

Trying to aim down the iron sights of the pistol shows the pistol canted to the left -- it's fairly unusable as the sights don't line up. It's exclusively seen on the spy model.

Furthermore he doesn't seem to use his spiffy custom NVGs, though I don't know if it requires picking up a different item than the in game NVGs.

2 problems

1. I keep getting the error message DBE1_hotfix required, now as far as I understad this is only for people with QG right? But anyways I just click okay and the game loads up and works no problem.

2. The sky, WERES THE SKY?! The sky is just grey like its a cloudy day, I can't see the moon or sun or clouds.

Now I have been Ignoreing these 2 things for a while now, but the whole a dark cloud is hanging over the island thing is really pissing me off. banghead.gifbanghead.gif So my guess was mabey these 2 things are related?

In a real helo the loss of the tail rotor cause immediate rotation of the aircraft, usually to the point of structural failure, and an unsurvivable crash (depending on the height fallen).

Loss of tailrotor does not mean uncontrollable flight as long as there is enough forward airspeed for the "weathercock stability effect"...landing ist the problem.

This is a feature, not a bug.

http://www.dynamicflight.com/aerodynamics/loss_tail_eff

http://www.cybercom.net/~copters/pilot/trfail_cruise.html

I've started to use some of the new scripting features in the 1.09 beta patch (ie addPublicVariableEventHandler). I want to do some testing with a dedicated server and two computers. With 1.08, I could get both my laptop and desktop to connect with the same cdkey using the "kickduplicate=0" config setting. This doesn't seem to work for 1.09 since every time I try to connect them, the second gets booted because of duplicate keys. I haven't found any mention of this in the thread so am I alone in this?

I've started to use some of the new scripting features in the 1.09 beta patch (ie addPublicVariableEventHandler). I want to do some testing with a dedicated server and two computers. With 1.08, I could get both my laptop and desktop to connect with the same cdkey using the "kickduplicate=0" config setting. This doesn't seem to work for 1.09 since every time I try to connect them, the second gets booted because of duplicate keys. I haven't found any mention of this in the thread so am I alone in this?

I have been having problems with it as well, although I never tried using it before I installed v1.09beta.

try to add the -openAL parameter in arma shortcut

Well I've given up trying to get this game working, no matter what driver or settings I use the game will crash after about 1 hour of gameplay, I swear its something to do with vram but no one seems to have any answers.

It even crashes on everything low 500m view distance..

I know its not the card as it did the same on my old gts as it does on this gtx.

If anyone else is getting this sort of crash where after about 1 hour it blank screens and/or ctd (usually requiring reboot!wink_o.gif please post your specs.

It installed properly as far as I can tell, but when I try to start 1.09 I get the following errors:

arma109bug1.png

arma109bug2.png

Any ideas?

Now I have a good working version of Queen's Gambit and ArmA 1.09, but when I try to run both together I get this same issue.

I'm currently running command string;

"G:\games\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\ArmA\arma.exe" -mod=beta;DBE1 -nosplash

Just the basic's nothing extra and yes I've tried it with DBE1 in front of beta, same problem.

Quote[/b] ]"G:\games\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\ArmA\arma.exe" -mod=beta;DBE1 -nosplash

Should be:

"G:\games\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -mod=beta;DBE1 -nosplash

@ Jan. 30 2008,23:56)]
Quote[/b] ]"G:\games\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\ArmA\arma.exe" -mod=beta;DBE1 -nosplash

Should be:

"G:\games\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -mod=beta;DBE1 -nosplash

Yip fixed that now and both run together ok now.

But! if I try to run the ArmA/QG in multiplayer the game locks up, have full HDD activity, but screen stays the same, can't Alt-Tab or Ctrl-Alt-Del, and end up being forced to do a system reboot to get back to windows.

When launching ArmA 1.09 dedicated server, error message report " No entry 'bin/config.bin/CfgDifficulties/Regular/Flags.VonID'. "

Any idea what's wrong ?

I believe it has already been reported that 50 players or more on a 1.09 dedicated server causes it to crash almost instantly. I believe that the issue has already been identified and fixed by the devs.

Can I ask if this is a server side issue rather than a client side problem?

And if it is, would it be possible to issue a new build of the 1.09 beta dedicated server?

We would be very keen to use the 1.09 beta but as we have more then 50 players per week we cannot and currently suffer on 1.08 as often user who get disconnected cannot reconnect due to signature timeout issues (we have the serverside workaround in place but it doesn't fully resolve the issue)

When launching ArmA 1.09 dedicated server, error message report "  No entry 'bin/config.bin/CfgDifficulties/Regular/Flags.VonID'.  "

Any idea what's wrong ?

Yea, same here:

Target:

"E:\Program Files\Atari\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -nosplash -mod=beta;@TrueView;@CustomAddons;@CustomTest;@Ace_Everon;@NWD_Ballistics;@GMJ_SightAdjustment;

@ArmAEffects;@Islands;@DvFix;@Uav;@VTEU;@FFAA;@HwM;@Replace -nosplash

Start in: "E:\Program Files\Atari\ArmA\"

No entry 'bin\config.cpp/CfgDifficulties/Regular/Flags.VonID'

*tries to start

Error Compiling Pixel Shader psAlphaOnlyMod

-------------------------------------------------------

with Start in as: "E:\Program Files\Atari\ArmA\beta\"

i get error This application has failed to start Because IFC22.dll was not found. Re-installing app may fix the problem.

No clue wats wrong.. but its massively bugging : (

SOLUTION: After much trial and error I was able to isolate the problem to my @TrueView Folder, the 'dta/bin.pbo' is what is causing the problem...

Rename dta to something else and it will be fixed (only downside is now we dont get true mods huh.gif

But its fixed yay.gif

closing based on 1.11 is out.