Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

1.09 beta patch troubleshooting thread.

I'm not sure if this has been covered, I don't undertans a lot about the shortcuts -

But when I click on the beta exe, I get error message "no entry .profilePathDefault" and then ArmA locks up

Sorry, please help if you can wink_o.gif

Stew

You should be running by clicking on "Launch Arma Beta Patch" or by clicking on the desktop shortcut, the readme is included for a reason smile_o.gif

Thanks Placebo, that got it smile_o.gif

But now this pops up in the mission editor all the time - is it just an addon conflict?

problem-1.jpg

Geforce 8800 GTS with 4 gig of Ram on Vista 64 black screen (no graphics loading) problem still here in 1.09.

Before I get flamed that Vista is not supported of which I am aware.

I am trying to make sense of the fact Arma 1.08 and 1.09 do work with the old Nvidia drivers upto 1.58.45. Every nvidia driver since has stopped Arma from working.

It worked with the hardware and Vista 64 OS once, why can't it work with the new Nvidia drivers ? confused_o.gif

Regards

Jas

Red smoke grenades go through the bridges in corazol.

I dont know if this is an old bug but i noticed it today after I added the new beta patch

Quote[/b] ]

5164 - Fixed: MP: Player driving motorcycle could die suddenly with no apparent reason.

Not fixed.

Quote[/b] ]

5205 - Fixed: MP "Head bug" - when two players were boarding passenger space of the vehicle simultaneously, one of them might end outside of the vehicle with no control over direction of his character.

Not fixed.

Biggest disappointment after all the advertisement is VoN as teddyjw wrote some messages ago. It is allmost not possible to hear other players. Wondering if we are missing some settings or something else because in the videos from Dslyecxi it's fine and does what one can expect.

Xeno

I don't get the Desktop shortcut upon installing; when trying to launch with -mod=beta in my usual shortcut (no other addon) I get those just as Kooky:

I got his pics because it's easier, but I'm not running on Vista.

arma109bug1.png

arma109bug2.png

ok my problem is im crashing as i finnish loading a mission

here is my pc build

Machine name: ONI-PC

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_gdr.071009-1548)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: GBT___

System Model: NVDAACPI

BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG

Processor: AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+ (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz

Memory: 2046MB RAM

Page File: 922MB used, 6043MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 10

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 6.00.6000.16386 32bit Unicode

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

ok i sorted the issue i was using the maxmem entry with the beta and it seems with vista it doesnt like the maxmem entry on the targets even though i was using the correct amount so an advice to vista users dont use the maxmem entry on your target lines as it causes for myself anyways to have arma crash horibbly

I don't get the Desktop shortcut upon installing; when trying to launch with -mod=beta in my usual shortcut (no other addon) I get those just as Kooky:

I got his pics because it's easier, but I'm not running on Vista.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/CuriousBadger/arma109bug1.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/CuriousBadger/arma109bug2.png

Run it from the shortcut created in your root ArmA directory "Start Beta Patch" or something.

That's the point - I don't have it crazy_o.gif

I'm trying to reinstall ArmA from scratch.

I have a problem with my German copy of ArmA

I did a redinstall today. Patched to 1.02 then applied 6th senses German to English patch. I fired up the game and it was English, then I used the international patch 1.05 to patchup too 1.05 then i ran the game and it was back into german language.I then used the 1.08 patch and still german language, Cant seem to change it back to English...lol I have another machine thats running 1.08 so I copied all the files across from it then ran the game and bugger me its still german...(not that there anything wrong with german I just cant read it..lol ) does anyone have any advice?

Ok I am a dufus fixed it just after I posted the above post..LOL so damm simple

Geforce 8800 GTS with 4 gig of Ram on Vista 64 black screen (no graphics loading) problem still here in 1.09.

I am trying to make sense of the fact Arma 1.08 and 1.09 do work with the old Nvidia drivers upto 1.58.45. Every nvidia driver since has stopped Arma from working.

It worked with the hardware and Vista 64 OS once, why can't it work with the new Nvidia drivers ? confused_o.gif

Regards

Jas

I have Geforce 8800 GTS with 4 gig of Ram on Vista 32 bit using Driver Version: 7.15.11.6375 (or 163.75_forceware_winxp_32bit_english_whql) and it runs good.

check this out it mite help you

Update for Windows Vista (KB940105)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloa....lang=en

Reinstalled ArmA then it worked perfectly.

Attention: Aimpoint's Weapons Replacement Pack will cause a CTD upon loading the UI.

Bug or new feature?

The bike's main body damage texture appears before the bike is fully destroyed; that means you can ride around with an apparently destroyed bike.

The full destruction occurs with more damage and you can't board it anymore.

I am trying to make sense of the fact Arma 1.08 and 1.09 do work with the old Nvidia drivers upto 1.58.45.  Every nvidia driver since has stopped Arma from working.

Regards

Jas

I've been running Vista 64 with 2 8800GTS in SLI and latest NV drivers fine.

Stab in the dark here, but make sure your NOT going with maxmem, and have the Vista hotfix regarding memory cache installed. Dont have a link but look for 'Windows6.0-KB940105-x64'.

Edit. lol, looking 2 posts above. Maybe should finish reading the thread.

I'm having a few LOD bugs here.

And: I just bought a new 22" monitor for ArmA... very cool.

I don't know if this was here before - if it's not an 1.09 issue, then please forgive me.

However those problems occur:

No full screen on the menus/editor (huge black rectangles on the side)

Some "side" issues, to be taken literally: try flying and on the sides you may sometimes only see sea, even if you're on land.

Same, the ACOG textures do'nt go all the way to the sides. It's a little weird.

Oh another bug: you can glide the Camel with the engine stopped without barely losing any speed.

confused_o.gif

But I love the recoil whistle.gif

The "black rectangles" can be fixed by using a resolution that fits your monitor format. Don't forget to choose a fitting aspect ratio as well then.

I did confused_o.gif

1680*1050 with a 16/10 ratio...

I don't know why it's doing that.

But let's get back on thread!

Hey Guys,

Did a fresh install of ArmA. 1.04 to 1.05 INTER to 1.08 to 1.09BETA.

Get a message: This application has failed to start because IFC22.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

Anyone know how i could fix this?

EDIT: Sorry was trying to start from betta file arma.exe instead of using the short cut in the root directory. Works now...My bad!

I have this same issue. has anyone got an idea of whats causing it and what a resolution will be? I get the error even when running from the .exe in the beta folder.

Rich

You will get this error only if you start the exe in the Beta subfolder. Use the created Hotlink to start Arma. It either should be on your desktop or in your Arma folder.

Quote[/b] ]

5164 - Fixed: MP: Player driving motorcycle could die suddenly with no apparent reason.

Not fixed.

Quote[/b] ]

5205 - Fixed: MP "Head bug" - when two players were boarding passenger space of the vehicle simultaneously, one of them might end outside of the vehicle with no control over direction of his character.

Not fixed.

Biggest disappointment after all the advertisement is VoN as teddyjw wrote some messages ago. It is allmost not possible to hear other players. Wondering if we are missing some settings or something else because in the videos from Dslyecxi it's fine and does what one can expect.

Xeno

You must have your settings wrong or something. I played last night on the Tactical gamer server and voice comms worked really well.

Remember that direct voice is locational and so if you are far from the speaker it will sound quiet.

I really hope that the full 1.09 patch isn't like this, because it's becomming hard to play 1.09 with this bug:

109patchbughc3.jpg

Come on what is this? What did you change in 1.09 that causes this?

For anyone who's gotten the dedicated server working, How did you do it. I jsut uninstalled and reinstalled arma patched it to 1.08 then 1.08 hotfix, then 1.09 ran the server.exe from the beta folder and it still gives me the "No Entry'.profilePathDefault'. error message every time the servers starts. the server will start after I click ok but when i select a mission it reads from bank but never lets anyone pick their position or even bring up the screen to do so. if I start a sever as a player though everything works and people can join. I know some people have this working so what did you guys do?

For anyone who's gotten the dedicated server working, How did you do it. I jsut uninstalled and reinstalled arma patched it to 1.08 then 1.08 hotfix, then 1.09 ran the server.exe from the beta folder and it still gives me the "No Entry'.profilePathDefault'. error message every time the servers starts. the server will start after I click ok but when i select a mission it reads from bank but never lets anyone pick their position or even bring up the screen to do so. if I start a sever as a player though everything works and people can join. I know some people have this working so what did you guys do?

make sure the path is right with your desktop short cut.

beta.jpg

in Target box:G:\Vista\ArmA\beta\arma.exe -nosplash -mod=beta (this is mine yours will be different)

in Start in Box:G:\Vista\ArmA (this is mine yours will be different)

TrackIR not working in 1.09beta single or multiplayer (local or dedicated).

I went back to 1.08 and TrackIR works fine.