Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Arma feedback thread - based on 1.09

BIS:

I want to partecipate with my clan to test this anticheat.. and all clans if its want to erase all cheaters on this fantastic game..

I've try to enter with cheat.. but this anticheat doesn't reply.. kick or wherealse.. I can post a video.. BIS can u report the tests of cheat to battleye's staff? Only they I think can resolve all because they are the programmers of anticheat..

It's seems that its doesn't read a subforder as I enter into the game with a "-mod=XXXX"

Many users leaves arma for the cheats.. We can resolve it together..

Regards.

Its a feature not a bug wink_o.gif

Maybe it's a bad decision in the combination of camera zoom and LODs? I don't remember seeing such a slow and graduated LOD change when switching my view to a fixed sniper scope zoom.

In the video the trees start changing LODs after the camera has finished zooming in and for all trees in view it takes the same amount of time as it did to zoom before. Like a slow LOD changing wave that originates from the player's position.

Wouldn't an instant change to the finally required LOD of all required objects in view, just in the moment the zooming movement is started, be less obvious?

Something looked different about this in OFP. Or ist just that every LOD of these more detailed ArmA trees comes with a remarkable different outline shape?

The community has been complaining about performance for months, right? Reports are that 1.09 increases FPS. The visible LOD loading is a compromise we might have to live with for those extra FPS.

Still the AI cant seem to find a way across bridges....

Am pleased with this update... to 1.09

The community has been complaining about performance for months, right? Reports are that 1.09 increases FPS. The visible LOD loading is a compromise we might have to live with for those extra FPS.

You're likely to be right. I'd still just have somewhat lower quality plants than the constant morphing. I'm willing to bet that a considerable amount of repainting happens just because of the constant LOD changes. Of course, I might be wrong, but on my machine, I keep seeing plants change shape even if I turn just a few degrees.

All in all, 1.09 is still a very welcome patch and it does play better than before. Getting rid of the plant morphing would be a nice addition, but it's by no means a must-have fix.

I'm quessing this is where placebo wants this posted.

Though arma came out with a reasonable attempt at a sequal to OFP, BI still managed to drop the ball on arma. The codemasters OFP2 engine takes advantage of superior infastructure, and with any luck, maybe they will better include their mod community in the post deployment development(what about all that user created content?). BI forsake thousands of hours of user created content without significant improvement to the game.

What about more tools? You had an uphill battle leaving codemasters anyway.

I think BI managed to lose a lot of it's advantage by not utilizing it's VBS structure in ARMA and by not fully including the communty in creating Armed assault. But kudos on the codeing site, and some of the new coding options.

Poor netcode still plauges the engine. And the campaigns still scream - civilian planned operation-Thank god it's only a game. Though to be fair, the scenarios all use inneffective non military schemes of manouvere for both sides.

(BTW, planning ops usually consist of no less than 3 courses of action plans for any possible scenario and flexibility of action within the commanders intent.)

This is strange considering this is potentially the best all round sim available. Capable of combined arms engagements up to coy level. Too bad arma scenarios dont even resemble military planning. Ofp resistance still had the best campaign so far, but I'm quessing codemasters had something to do with that.

Ofp2 will blow arma 2 out of the water hands down unless BI gets their heads unstuck. Remember BI, the uniform and the kit don't make a soldier, it's the days months and years of shit and abuse that does that. All armies that win use teamwork, leaders and just as importantly, troops. I think the OFP community is still bigger than Arma's. There is something missing in arma, and ofp2 may just have it.

Im sure BI could try using a placebo to fix it.

Nope wrong section again, look for the "ArmA is just... disappointing !" thread.

1.09 is a joke as long as basic game element do not work or features are still missing or not working right because of simple .pbo text errors.

I'm quessing this is where placebo wants this posted.

Though arma came out with a reasonable attempt at a sequal to OFP, BI still managed to drop the ball on arma. The codemasters OFP2 engine takes advantage of superior infastructure, and with any luck, maybe they will better include their mod community in the post deployment development(what about all that user created content?). BI forsake thousands of hours of user created content without significant improvement to the game.

What about more tools? You had an uphill battle leaving codemasters anyway.

I think BI managed to lose a lot of it's advantage by not utilizing it's VBS structure in ARMA and by not fully including the communty in creating Armed assault. But kudos on the codeing site, and some of the new coding options.

Poor netcode still plauges the engine. And the campaigns still scream - civilian planned operation-Thank god it's only a game. Though to be fair, the scenarios all use inneffective non military schemes of manouvere for both sides.

(BTW, planning ops usually consist of no less than 3 courses of action plans for any possible scenario and flexibility of action within the commanders intent.)

This is strange considering this is potentially the best all round sim available. Capable of combined arms engagements up to coy level. Too bad arma scenarios dont even resemble military planning. Ofp resistance still had the best campaign so far, but I'm quessing codemasters had something to do with that.

Ofp2 will blow arma 2 out of the water hands down unless BI gets their heads unstuck. Remember BI, the uniform and the kit don't make a soldier, it's the days months and years of shit and abuse that does that. All armies that win use teamwork, leaders and just as importantly, troops. I think the OFP community is still bigger than Arma's. There is something missing in arma, and ofp2 may just have it.

Im sure BI could try using a placebo to fix it.

I wonder how many times currently available games are unfavourably compared to still-in-development games. By the time OFP2 comes out ArmA will have been out & available for two years, nobody's seen OFP2 in action yet (pre-rendered promos aside) yet it's going to blow ArmA out of the water? Maybe it will, maybe it won't. Wait & see is all you can do. It wasn't that long ago that ArmA was going to blow away everything before it. (Still does for me, but you take my point.)

There is no way to prevent this, other than removing all LoDs (and thus either crippling performance or making the foliage look crap).

Here's a way to prevent it: Make the LODs look similar instead of very, very different.

The A.I. Behaviour ist plain stupid... they turned from Terminator to Rainman...!

I placed one AA Soldier with max. Experience on a roof. He shot down the helo i rode in as exspected from far away...but was unable to recognize my avatar to walk into the city...climb up the stairs...reloading behind him... shooting right of him...shooting left of him... shooting right leg, shooting left leg till exitus... but no attemd for selfdefense or any reaction.

I guess...these guys are frontline soldiers biggrin_o.gif

You should retry this down in the streets or on the open Beagle, I guess a building adds more problems for the AI.

I might be wrong, but to me the ironsights seems to have become more "blurred". Its been a while since I played but I think i remember the sights to be clear. I tried the shooting range and could hardly se the sights at all. But then again, I´m not getting any younger either biggrin_o.gif

I might be wrong, but to me the ironsights seems to have become more "blurred". Its been a while since I played but I think i remember the sights to be clear. I tried the shooting range and could hardly se the sights at all. But then again, I´m not getting any younger either biggrin_o.gif

If you turn the post processing to low, the iron sights should clear up for you smile_o.gif

Hi there:

V1.09 Changes: LOD morphing as described by others and a texture loading lag on my 7600GT, 256MB. Otherwise play is smoother than before.

AI indeed isn't anymore able to pinpoint player by sound. What spookes me they are downright stupid sometimes. When you are standing 20m away and they don't react at all.

Helicopter flying still a royal pain in the a$$ but there was no mentioning of changes anywhere in the readme, yet still i hope for improvements.

S!

I might be wrong, but to me the ironsights seems to have become more "blurred". Its been a while since I played but I think i remember the sights to be clear. I tried the shooting range and could hardly se the sights at all. But then again, I´m not getting any younger either  biggrin_o.gif

If you turn the post processing to low, the iron sights should clear up for you smile_o.gif

LOL, I AM getting old.....Thx..

I guess this is the price we have to pay for people who have shite systems. tounge2.gif

Helicopter flying still a royal pain in the a$$

huh.gif how so?

Make sure to use the mouse ONLY for steering and PgUP and PgDOWN for the altitude.

Flying is easy. Landing is bit more difficult, just takes a little bit of practice.

WarWolf @ Dec. 24 2007,12:37)]Had a thought (oh no!wink_o.gif about the VoN issues...

Noticed that some speakers were breaking up a bit when transmitting, eventually losing the transmission completely.

i can think of 2 causes:

its the result of not having configured the mic input level correctly.

more often than not the signal tends to clip if input level is set to high and you get dropouts and nasty distortion.

the upstream connection of those players is too low resulting in dropouts during voice transmissions. same effect can be reproduced with teamspeak if you choose a codec with higher bitrate than your configured max bandwith.

Guest Ti0n3r
Quote[/b] ]Helicopter flying still a royal pain in the a$$

Practice? I find it extremely easy and relaxing.

I don't know what people mean by the AI being alot "easier" now, Me and my friend did a quick test mission with the AI on Normal, and they were so damn accurate much more than 1.08's, which is not a good thing if you want those back and forth firefights.

The AI still has sniper AK's.

If you make a sudden move...they always take you out within a second (1 shot kill too from 50000000 meters)  crazy_o.gif

Thats SLA training for ya thumbs-up.gif

Hi there. I played shortly, but it was enough to find some bugs in 1.09:

1. javelin graphic bug (it happens after shot, when launcher is empty): image,

and still can't hit at medium range.

2. in Armory (but I noticed that it happens also in missions! ), suddenly I get a message: "Good birds don't fly away from this game, I have only myself to blame", and then mission ends: image.

I do the mission objectives and don't go away nowhere, but it still displays. maybe im stupid and can't speak english, but I don't understand it and can't play cause of it!

3. god dammit grass and bushes still reduces framerate dramatically. while zooming the bush, my fps falls down from 70 to about 20, so this is hard to move my optics or aim fluently:

before zooming: image, after zooming: image.

it happens especially on high/very high shading details, so I think something is wrong to the graphics engine and using of pixel shader units.

4. the sound volume fades while firing guns from AH-6. and this is too hard now to destroy a chopper with guns (you can easily shoot it down, but not destroy when it stay on the ground). it probly cause of ammo type changes (AP to HE). the same to rockets - this is too hard to destroy armored targets. it would be ok, if ammo quantity could be increased from 12 to 18 or 24.

5. flying model still sux. while turning around the chopper, altlitude falls down too fast.

I think this one from Battlefield2 (I mean cobra), was far better and fun.

6. I thought that FDF_Sounds mod (much better sounds imo), RH_AKS mod (image1, image2, image3, image4, image5), or some new weapons will be implement to the game... pity.

7. I had also hoped some of bugs from my bug list will be fixed, but nothing (maybe except head bug and framerate) was. it was doubble hard for me to write it in english, but my post was ignored. instead of bug fixes, we got an unworking VoIP...

I had just wasted my time, and now probly I'm wasting it too sad_o.gif.

Hi guys, is it enough just to add ;@beta lines to your existing shortcut?

Hi guys, is it enough just to add ;@beta lines to your existing shortcut?
Quote[/b] ]arma.exe -mod=beta -nosplash

No it isn't! There's a new beta exe inside of the modfolder.

Shortcuts have to look like this:

C:\ArmA\beta\arma.exe -mod=beta -nosplash

EDIT: Using the old .exe could explain your second "bug" Funkee... it looks like the copy protection to me.