Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Arma feedback thread - based on 1.09

Is anyone else having serious issues with 1.09b on dedi servers? I'm experiencing repeated failures to execute scripts on initialisation.

For instance, I was sharing my Internet connection yesterday at home with a friend, and we'd both connected on the dedi server I'm renting for the month. What happened regularly was that although we had exactly the same status as clients, more often than not one of us hadn't executed the init scripts, so that objectives weren't properly hidden on a computer, but appeared correctly on the other.

These failures were systematic upon the first loading of the mission, and then appeared randomly (or seemingly so) on either computer. I've been carrying out intensive tests for a week, and I'm stuck chin-high in this buggy mire.

This never happened under 1.08.

I don't know exactly where the flaws lie, and would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction to solve this (especially if it has been mentioned before). Could it be related to the amount of scripts executed at the start? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance, these issues are serious showstoppers!

Igor.

Could you somehow test v1.08 again in the same situation, now?

I'm running Multiplayer Server v1.09beta with ~15 players, and a massive scripting framework with all sorts of stuff, built in mod, and the Battle Center we play, I dont think we get these problems other than when someone is maybe still loading the mission while we already press 'OK' to move from briefing to game.

Well I can't switch the dedi back to 1.08 (I have neither the competence nor the admin rights to do so) confused_o.gif

I simply remember not having any issues with script-intensive missions on dedis on 1.08.

I'd love to give that precise mission a try on 1.08, though. I'm going to ask the support team to switch back.

Thanks for reporting your experience, it means that I'm doing something wrong... Closing in on it, closing in!

Hi guys

there is a problem in queen's gambit that has not been solved in 1.09, the new models of characters added in QG has an pistol aiming bug when you turn on optics

and it would be nice if in next patch you will change vertical rudder at least for jet's because its only working at low speed and it should work even on high speed and allow to turn without rolling a jet it will increase aiming (easier bombing runs or dogfight MG aiming) of jet specially for players that use gamepad's

PS: i don't know where else i can post my problems so i posted em here

Well I can't switch the dedi back to 1.08 (I have neither the competence nor the admin rights to do so) confused_o.gif

I simply remember not having any issues with script-intensive missions on dedis on 1.08.

I'd love to give that precise mission a try on 1.08, though. I'm going to ask the support team to switch back.

Thanks for reporting your experience, it means that I'm doing something wrong... Closing in on it, closing in!

If you need any help in testing, or other kind of support, I would be glad to be of help, just PM me.

I could run a test mission on bare v1.08 and v1.09 if you like smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Is anyone else having serious issues with 1.09b on dedi servers? I'm experiencing repeated failures to execute scripts on initialisation.

Ahh, so that is the problem I'm having!! I have been going nuts trying to figure out what is going on since I started modding Domination for our own clan use. Some, if not all, of us are getting errors on first connect -- initializations are not properly executed. However, everyone knows this problem and is "easily" (yet should be extremely unnessesary) fixed by leaving and rejoining after server has done all it's magic.

Unfortunately I'm using 1.09beta specific code, so I can't really make our Domination game to work with 1.08. Hopefully the final version will fix this bad behaviour.

Off to a slightly less impacting bug, although I can understand why it could happen: If I throw a smoke grenade, it can bounce off the ground and land somewhere. On another client though, the end position may differ from where is lands on my own client. This is on dedicated server, and is a physics issue. But for (non working against AI anyways) smoke grenades, it's not a big deal.

Well, maybe some initialization stuff changed but I simply do not notice the problems you guys have, and this is with a massive Mod and Mission scripting framework.

Well, I won't guaratee that this is not my mistake or in original Domination (haven't tested with that). I'm not very confident with scripting, and certain parts of multiplayer considerations are constantly throwing me off.

The "bug" goes as follows:

1. Start a dedi server with my modded domination.

2. Join server and select a role. Sometimes, but not always, there will be a script error regarding current target (from a list of randomly chosen targets). If this happens, you have to exit and rejoin with same role and everything is now fine.

3. In addition, if I choose another role while playing, everything is ok. BUT!!! If I now choose my original role, parts of the game/script is not run on my client. My role gets the assigned actions and radio systems and such (JIP script), but no target markers will ever appear on the map.

Sorry, this may be Domination specific, but it proves a point, mission making and editing for multiplayer is most certainly no picnic for newbies like myself banghead.gifcrazy_o.gif

Hi guys

there is a problem in queen's gambit that has not been solved in 1.09, the new models of characters added in QG has an pistol aiming bug when you turn on optics

and it would be nice if in next patch you will change vertical rudder at least for jet's because its only working at low speed and it should work even on high speed and allow to turn without rolling a jet it will increase aiming (easier bombing runs or dogfight MG aiming) of jet specially for players that use gamepad's

if u use a rudder to "steer" any plane it will roll, and more so the faster you go. Think about it, one wing go's (slightly) faster than the other, creates more lift.....

Its not a bug so i doubt they will change it to suit players who fly with a gamepad

Hi guys

if u use a rudder to "steer" any plane it will roll, and more so the faster you go. Think about it, one wing go's (slightly) faster than the other, creates more lift.....

Its not a bug so i doubt they will change it to suit players who fly with a gamepad

It may not be a bug, but it makes the jets totally useless. Trying to hit a target with them is a joke, and no amount of practice helps.

The vehicle controls and the player animation/transitions is what should of been fixed in this game. Whats the point in putting a jet in the game when you cannot do jack shit with it.

Jets in modern warfare are suppose to dominate. Yet here, you could probably do more damage with a kite.

Hello!

I do not know if I am posting this to the right place, but here it goes: I really thought that in 1.09 there will be a fix for SLI video cards, I have a dual core (etc. etc.) and I can't play the game on max because I have SLI cards banghead.gifbanghead.gif , well, I certainly hope that BIS will "tweak" ArmA for SLI support in 1.11 hehe... biggrin_o.gif

Better late than never:

After I had to reinstall Arma I started to replay the campaign and I have to say that a lot of fixes and tweaks have been added that make the campa quite enjoyable. Along with the technical bugfixes the remixed campaign is actually quite fun. If you haven´t tried, do it thumbs-up.gif

Good job BIS welcome.gif

I wanted to wait till the next patch before i try it again because the William Porter blogs seemed like they planned to edit the campaign a bit more.

So what is different so far?

Only fixes or real differences campaign wise?

The mission plots are still the same afaik, but they added more detail, sounds, reworked some missions, added new defence positions, got rid of showstoppers and reworked some of the objectives to make it critical for the player to follow the plan at times. I like it.

Closing based on 1.11 is now available.