Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Arma feedback thread - based on 1.09

I'm unable to apply 1.09 beta patch, I get the message that I'm running 1.07 and not 1.08.

Which is untrue.

Anyway I re-ran the 1.05-1.08 patch and apart from loads of error messages (which is I assume because I'm already patched) it tells me I'm already at 1.08.

Re-ran 1.09beta patch again and yes, it tells me I'm at 1.07 and fails to install.

@DMarkwick: Sounds like you still have the 1.07 beta installed. Delete the folder called 'beta' in your ArmA directory and the patch should work.

@DMarkwick: Sounds like you still have the 1.07 beta installed. Delete the folder called 'beta' in your ArmA directory and the patch should work.

What? Some sort of logical & reasonable explanation to this problem? Nonsense I insist it's a deliberate & sustained attack on my system, deliberately excluding my particular PC makeup.

wink_o.gif

Of course, you are correct. Patch applied successfully wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Cheers.

What? Some sort of logical & reasonable explanation to this problem? Nonsense I insist it's a deliberate & sustained attack on my system, deliberately excluding my particular PC makeup.

wink_o.gif

Of course, you are correct. Patch applied successfully wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Cheers.

rofl.gif hehehe smile_o.gif

I am not sure of that, but i were looking at the server CPU ressource and saw that the CPU usage already reach around 50% but never go upper. Okay that could be related to the mission we used, but when the server FPS decrease the application should use more CPU server ressource but it doesn't.

Maybe it's like that since the beginning ? (not really looked that before)

The arma_server can't use much ressource when it needs it ?

I were monitoring that on the Windows Task Manager for a Windows 2003 server OS. Maybe the problem is the monitoring but it looks strange to me.

Edit : Also it still a pain to re-arm vehicle near a ammo truck ! Even scripted place (like the FARP in the evolution maps don't work well all time) !

Edit2 : My team didn't really enjoyed the game tonight. They are thinking about getting some OFP night game.. they find the game annoying comparing to the OFP fun they had before.

Hello gentlemen,

I am amazed M4A1 is still not completly moddable for SF class !?

ArmA is a simulation, right ?

So, what about the M4A1 huh.gif

We can use: M4, M4+ACOG, M4+M203, M4+ACOG+M203 and only silencer on M4+AIM huh.gif

So, only an AIM point if you want to use SD on M4A1 huh.gif

To be realist, silencer, M203 and ACOG must be possible on the M4A1 all together for SF class !

I think it should be included into patch V1.09 quickly before definitive release !

What do you think about ?

I am not sure of that, but i were looking at the server CPU ressource and saw that the CPU usage already reach around 50% but never go upper. Okay that could be related to the mission we used, but when the server FPS decrease the application should use more CPU server ressource but it doesn't.

Maybe it's like that since the beginning ? (not really looked that before)

The arma_server can't use much ressource when it needs it ?

I were monitoring that on the Windows Task Manager for a Windows 2003 server OS. Maybe the problem is the monitoring but it looks strange to me.

Do you have a 2 core CPU? I'm not sure if the ArmA server can use 2 cores, but if it doesn't, 50% will be the max you can get. That means the core that the arma process is running on is maxed. You should propably see more than 50% though, with the other processes added.

Yes it is on 50%, but it is using 50% of both core (core 2 duo) but not going upper. (maybe problem with windows monitoring)

So i don't know if it is normal or not. I have never seen an application using 50% of each core and not taking more when it needs it.

It would be nice, if group formations in v1.09 will work. If you create groups via script, the units always use formation column... banghead.gif this bug works fine since v1.00... whistle.gif

Yeah, you right. If you create a group in editor between the housses, some members starts on the roofs.

Som other bugs:

- the tank crews on the sla side have a LOD issue. When you are more than 50 meters away, thye heads are flesh-coloured - the helmets are missing

- apc crews from Strykers are normal soldiers and therefroe false unit / modell. They should be the same as in the M1A1 Tahnks

Quote[/b] ]Yeah, you right. If you create a group in editor between the housses, some members starts on the roofs.

Just select "special: none" in their unit setup or use setpos to have them start at specific locations. That´s not a bug, it´s the way it works.

Quote[/b] ]If you create groups via script, the units always use formation column...

Seems to work for me. I don´t know what you´re doing wrong.

Quote[/b] ]I am amazed M4A1 is still not completly moddable for SF class !?

Arma is no puzzle-game. there are quite a bunch of community weapon addons out. Why not try your luck there ?

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ]If you create groups via script, the units always use formation column...

Seems to work for me. I don´t know what you´re doing wrong.

Example mission plz...  tounge2.gif

I believe only things i saw with my own eyes...  wink_o.gif

The command respawnVehicle is nice, but it would be nicer if it works in v1.09.  whistle.gif

Minor one, but pretty funny:

The russian AT mines have their safety pin still in when put smile_o.gif

Is it possible to get Arma working with 4gb memory in future?

I'm really happy with how 1.09 turned out. The number of fixes, tweaks, and features added to it were beyond what I had been expecting. Overall, the game plays much more smoothly, we now have VOIP that is much closer to working perfectly (though it still needs more debugging), lots of gameplay aspects have been tweaked (AI, recoil, damage resilience for vehicles, etc)... overall, I can't help but give this patch an A+. It is clear from the change log that BIS has been listening to the community and has been implementing what is feasible to do in a patch.

And remember - it's not even the final patch. wink_o.gif

I have to agree with you in every way but theres one major problem...

SOUND

Inside every vehicle and addon vehcile and in even iron sight mode we cant hear any sound at all!!!

But when outside the vehile or ironsights we can hear the sound perfect and its very very anooying when shooting with no sound.

I dont like Driving/Flying/Shooting in silence.

I saw sometimes a BMPs and T72 Tanks (other tanks do to behave so too ?) that rotates their rolls & wheels while they stands on a point. BMPs, Strykers and M113 IFVs can hit more than 10 and 20 times with a 30mm AP cannon before they exploding. This is too much.

Is it possible to get Arma working with 4gb memory in future?

Quote from another thread concerning Vista.

With 169.25 drivers I was able to reproduce the problem. Function IDirect3DDevice9::GetAvailableTextureMem returns unsigned int larger than 2 GB with those drivers, which is then our side mistakenly used as a signed int, causing arithmetic overflow, and making the game to thing card has no video memory at all.

The fix should be available in the next patch.

I have a pretty new system running on a 8800 gt, before the patch the game was unplayable due to random crashes which always occurred when moving, I would start to see a bunch of random triangles on the screen, if I switched my rez they would go away, but if I let it be the game would crash. With something like: cannot create 2048x2048 texture or something. This is gone in 1.09 and it is vastly more stable. However it still does crash every now and then, usually it will just freeze and consume 100% cpu, or just exit. However as I said, these crashes are quite rare, next time it happens ill write down the error message. Regardless I'm looking forward to 1.09's official release so public servers will all switch to it since 1.08 is unplayable for me.

Quote[/b] ]SOUND

Inside every vehicle and addon vehcile and in even iron sight mode we cant hear any sound at all!!!

But when outside the vehile or ironsights we can hear the sound perfect and its very very anooying when shooting with no sound.

I dont like Driving/Flying/Shooting in silence.

I get this issue also on 1.09, there is some sound but its VERY quiet and I hear some static like blips also. I am using a SB Live.

the counttype comand doesnt works with triggers or the trigers doesnt count vehicles and units in there. Possibly a mayor bug?

I'm getting similar performance with 1.09b and 1.08, but not waiting on a 50% chance of being told my DVD is bogus is nice. Can't say I like the new recoils though. They are sharper, but I miss the muzzle climb. It added a lot to the "feel" of the weapon, and prevented people from overeasy shooting:

ArmA 1.08:

Aim - Fire - Recoil Plays - Aim is Off - Reaim - Fire

OFP and ArmA 1.09:

Aim - Fire - Recoil Plays - Fire

I liked that in 1.08, shooting was a challenge. Q11's recoils felt much nicer than the stock ones though. And I think that the vehicles are a tad too quiet now (but it is an improvement, don't get me wrong... they were way too loud before). I don't play much MP, so I don't really get the benefit of the VOIP enhancements.

Edit: I should say that I have seen some muzzle climb, its just not nearly as much as it was. I really miss it on the MGs.

Even though I think there are still many, many things to tweak, I think ArmA with 1.09 became a good game and I'll start recommending it to friends. Good job BIS and don't stop now. smile_o.gif

My ¢2  smile_o.gif

What the patch does right:

-Fog is gone. We now have shadows using NimWeather! Nice.

-Better collision detection on weapons (place weapon on corner of building, turn. Much better imo).

-Ladder bug is better. Not good, but better.

-Quicker load time from desktop to game menu. Thanks.

-M136 AT Weapon - mobility is great.

What else needs addressing:

-Ai travelling over bridges

-A-10 HUD stretching way out over modelled HUD

-1.09 LOD Fix. This has to go. It may boost performance for low-end computers but it looks terrible. Sorry.

-Inside vehicle sounds: You can't hear anything inside vehicles. Very bad. Please change.

-Falling off buildings like mosques, watertowers and others with railing-type walkways is common place now.

-Vehicles such as the BluFor HMMWV, T-72 and BMP when crossing bridges 'sink' into the bridge about .33 meters.

Those are the major ones for me. I'm sure the other fellas in the thread have pointed out other issues that need addressing as well. Thanks,

smile_o.gif