Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Arma feedback thread - based on 1.09

im having great results using 1.09b with Kegs lowplants1.1 addon (just the trees, not the grass).

With lowplants the tree models look more detailed over distance and their colour is more consistent at all distances/lods.

Hey Heatseeker

cheers for the heads-up on Kegs lowplants. I'd never heard of it, couldn't find it on these forums anyway.

it's basically meant i can crank everything up to very high AND increase my resolution one notch on my 7900GTO. wow!!

somehow the whole look doesn't suffer from slightly lower detail trees. infact, i kinda prefer it.

It's great.

Simple as that.

I got a new video card just for this game (8800 GTX) and it runs smooth even with all (or most) graphics options to the max.

The only setting I keep low is the view distance. I keep it around a thousand meters and it feels natural because who the hell needs to see further when it's almost impossible to use your weapons effectively in that distance? I don't like hunting for pixels, which is what happens when you set the view distance more than 1500m and try to engage the enemy.

I love the new recoil and I never had a CTD or any other problems. It looks great, plays great and is stable as a rock.

It seems Arma is the perfect game as long as you have a beast of a PC to play on.

YOU HEAR ME BOHEMIA INTERACTIVE?

I - HAVE - NO - PROBLEM - WHAT - SO - EVER!

smile_o.gif

Well I do have a problem in fact. I have a LAN and I play with my friends every day but unfortunately I cannot possibly afford to upgrade 3 computers just for this game.

My PC plays like a violin. I cannot say the same for the other three though. I have bought three 6800 GTS cards but the games plays like crap unless you set the view distance to 800m and all settings to LOW.

That's not a big problem really, I am just a bit sad that my friends cannot enjoy this great game as much as I do.

Ps: Here is another tip that may be useful to some of you. Have you tried cleaning the inside of your pc? I was very surprised to see a considerable frame rate increase when I scrapped all the dirt from the processor cooler and various fans.

I have my pcs on the floor and dust always accumulates inside, reducing the effectiveness of the fans, which increases the temperature.

Try it. It may work.

LOD problem or new kind of tanks huh.gif

aVrfnW0.jpg

Taken from 800 meters distance with maximum scalling of free moveable camera (camera.sqs - script).

rofl.gif

The only thing i really want from BIS is to stop blurring out the ironsights with post processing effects.

I turned the PPE off and now i have crystal-clear ironsights. However, turning PPE on again makes them so horribly blurred that the AK is completely useless as you cant even see the little dot in the middle, and other rifles without scopes are total shite to use as well.

Sucks to turn graphics down just to have better gameplay, while my pc can handle it.

Since 1.09 some units (AIs and vehicles) are hanging in the air.

aVVUKTJ.jpg

Sometime AI vehicles (tank convoi) have problems with waypoints and doesn´t proceed to the next wp.

Like the tank lod bug before this also is a bug that is still from the OFP era.

Problem is that the death anim is static so if he dies on a edge of a hill he will look like that.

Thats why im for ragdolls in ArmA2 at least for the death anims even if some still think its no good idea... the puc above tells exactly why its needed.

And i seen a lot funnier "poses" where they stood at a hill death.

Another very little bug to fix:

in standard Ammo-Weapons SLA replace M203 with GP25-HE smile_o.gif

another thing - in arma.rpt:

No more slot to add connection at De61 (6952.9,8228.9)

No more slot to add connection at Fh71 (11466.8,6127.8)

No more slot to add connection at Fi71 (11613.7,6208.8)

No more slot to add connection at Gh57 (13524.3,8896.8)

What does that exactly mean?

Like the discussion is in this thread shows, the difficulty options have to be thought over.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....78;st=0

The difficulty options in game only show the enemy/friendlySkill value slider but they set skill and precision accordingly. There should be separate sliders for the precision as well.

Especially as many players like to set skill to 1.0 but manually edit precision to ~0.45 in config files as they don't like AIs returning fire precise like robots.

IMHO these skill modifiers should be completely removed. OFP worked without them and they override an important control for mission designers in an unknown way.

Another point is how helpless players as tank commanders are. Most of the time you're hit sooner or later by an AI tank which was too far away to be spotted, then it takes a few seconds for the next hit and your tank is gone.

Even when commanding a whole tank platoon it's the same, as they all rely on their leader - the player can't match with the AI target detecting, calling, hitting abilities.

I hope that BI will return to 1.08 vegetation. With kegs lowplants in 1.08 I got the same FPS as with 1.09 (lowplants or not), but in 1.08 I didnt have all that lod-switching..

Please reverse to 1.08 veg (implement kegs lowplants?).

Well, i haven't been playing arma for very long so i don't know about what changes have been made, but i can say that there is a bug on the game that the 1.09 patch hasn't sorted out.

This bug i found online while trying to transport a POW to the camp. He simply wouldn't do what i told him to, i.e board BH or LB. Then when i finally got him to the base, i put him in the fenced area where the POW's should go and i didn't get any points or recognition for it at all! Well not until about 20 mins later when it randomly came up POW captures, 5 points.

but there was nothing saying that i put him in the camp?

Maybe something can be done about this in the final patch?

Thanks anyway,

Lucas

I hope that BI will return to 1.08 vegetation. With kegs lowplants in 1.08 I got the same FPS as with 1.09 (lowplants or not), but in 1.08 I didnt have all that lod-switching..

Please reverse to 1.08 veg (implement kegs lowplants?).

strange.. i have better fps with 1.09.. the island runs smoother with 1.09 then with 1.08.

Yes, it runs smooth. But arma did run just as smooth on my comp in 1.08 with kegs lowplant. Maybe I gained a few FPS (?) but the visuals dropped considerable.

For me, 1.09 runs better than 1.08 (even with lowplants.) I think the vegetation is fine but the different LOD levels look so much different that it's very noticable when the game changes the LOD for a tree/bush. BI should tweak the LOD models so that they're closer to each other, that would help a lot.

We were testing a self-modified version of Domination, using custom addons, and found that if we dropped ammo near a tree, nobody were able to pick up that ammo. Lay down the ammo further down from the tree, and everything went ok.

1.09b, FDF_Sounds, home-made markers, and invisible targets addons.

A friend whos a mission maker asked me to post some of his observtions here.

- If a group has a waypoint where they should wait the leader stops but the rest seems to move on

- Helicopters always seem to react to what happens on the battlefield under them, even if they are set to careless

Seems to be a weird bug with AI when they have vehicles in their group. They all board the cargo seats of the vehicle even in combat.

I tested by having an SLA squad with a BMP2 in their group attacking a town with a couple US squads. The SLA squad leader orders his men into the back of the BMP2 and the BMP2 attacks the town with most of the squad sitting in cargo. 1 soldier was still on foot because there was no space in the BMP2.

Similar thing happens with UAZs and BRDMs in the group.

The SLA squad had a 'Seek and Destroy' waypoint in the town with their behaviour set to 'Combat'.

im not sure if anyone else has had this problem or if its been brought up, but it seems to me that there is no fog or 'fade zone' on the view distance, it just seems that it cuts off. any ideas?

Dead in ruins... aV1AJhaA.jpg

here aV1AJQ5A.jpg not here aV1AKx_9.jpg ...

and... here aV1AKFtA.jpg

turn under 15°

Well actually I continue to notice a mistake found playing the old flashpoint and patches by patches i continue to figure out this bug, here follow a brief explanasion of what happen:

example: when you're team leader all the members follow you as a reference point but as soon as you get inside a veichle not as a commander or driver and you get out suddenly the team don't recognise any more the order (Return to formation) but they only recognize a (Follow all) and suddenly the team don't follow you anymore in your movement unless you vector them with the pointer on the map when playing 3° person view!!!!!

So guys can anyone tell me about this?huh.gif?

You need to set yourself to ready, press 0-1, or 5-1, or something like that, I think it's under the 0 menu.

Well, Shadow NX has wrote about this, now i will be more precise.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>We have here a major AI bugs and these are a "funkillers" No.1</span>

The AI groups will spread at once over 400-500 or more meters when they are in fight. So we have some little "Rambos" and anyone of them will fight his own, small war. So that is no sense to create groups! This passes most times in open terrain.

At waypoint with setted time-delay, synchronisation or in charakter "hold position", only the group leaders does wait and stay back, all other group members are scattered to the four winds and fighting their own, small war (like on top).

So it is no possible to coordinate attacks with groups, their are lead by AI when enemy is near. Only when the enemy is not spotted (similar whether 10 or 1000 meters) by the AI, they want to wait in the formation by their leaders.

pistols.gifpistols.gifpistols.gifpistols.gifgoodnight.gif

Chaos just to make sure, this isn't the result of using "engage at will" at your waypoints, is it?