Sign in to follow this  
L!nk07

Your favourite warfare era!

while motives are not clear for allies 'helping' allies, the overall 'mission' was to remove a grotesque dictator that committed genocide on mass scale.

...mass-scale murdering not only happened in Nazi Germany but it also happened in U.S.S.R.

Over and out smile_o.gif

Modern Warfare (Iraq)

but

Vietnam Warfare

is also my preference

I'm drawn to the very distinct "good vs. evil" of WWII.

who is the good and who the evil in ww 2?

I seem to have forgotten atm but what I do know is the name of a couple flamebaiters and trolls now wink_o.gif

I think WWII hasn't lost it's tarnish. It's been 'done' to death but has never been 'done right.'

WWII was just a war like all others i dont think there was any evil or good. Its just ur american point of view.

WWII was just a war like all others i dont think there was any evil or good. Its just ur american point of view.

You can't say that UK and Norway were just as bad as USSR and Germany. The world isn't black and white but it sure as hell isn't all gray.

Well I'm not American and I still completely disagree with you.

Nazi=evil. If you support them, then you should be locked up.

Your posts just look like flamebaiting.

icon_rolleyes.gif

Now how about we keep this kinda crap out of a game discussion?

The fact that Godwin's Law exists is sort of indicative, wouldn't you say? tounge2.gif

Anyway, I voted futuristic aliens and such. Need more WH40k, laz0r gunz, alien spaceships, Star Wars and all that other "light" funstuff!

Although all the other eras should also have a definite mod dedicated to them, without a doubt!

Regards,

Wolfrug

Lol, 9mm said it. Yesterday i was thinking the same, the 20th century has never been at peace, there was allways some conflict somewhere.

As about my favrite warfare era i voted for post apocaliptic, in my mind there isn't anything better than kill zombies or being surviving from the remainings of the past eras.

Or being in a mud trench with my gas mask with the night flashing from distant explosions and the sky covered by the smoke, the gunpowder and the smell of the putrefacting bodies in No man's Land, then i hear a whistle orderme to advance with my bolt action rifle and my bayonet and as i line in formation and the group advance we see how the enemy prepare their machineguns.

THAT is personal, fight with bayonets in a 2x2 meters trench, yes i dramatice a little but well, luckily that is just fantasy :P

And about the history in the wars i have to said that all the ones who won a war, are the good boys, why? I will only say a phase from 1984, Blair's masterpiece (in my opinion),: "Who controls the past, controls the future; who controls the present, controls the past."

Other thing, there was never (and never will be) "Good Boys" Vs "Bad Boys" (Martin Lawrence and Will Smith), just two opposite ideas.

Well I'm not American and I still completely disagree with you.

Nazi=evil. If you support them, then you should be locked up.

Your posts just look like flamebaiting.

icon_rolleyes.gif

Now how about we keep this kinda crap out of a game discussion?

why should i locked up? for expressing my opinion? who are u to deciede who is evil and who is good? Accept History. And as far as concerning who was the "evil" one why US invaded Europe when USSR had already won the war?

end of converation.

P.S. and i am not a nazi

why should i locked up? for expressing my opinion? who are u to deciede who is evil and who is good? Accept History. And as far as concerning who was the "evil" one why US invaded Europe when USSR had already won the war?

Obviously the western front needed to hurry up because otherwise the whole continental Europe would be oppressed by Soviets. Read about former Soviet states if you want to know how fun it was for them. At least I don't remember reading about United States wrongfully "invading" Europe, only helping in its liberation. Give me some source if you insist that it's just propaganda.

To add more eras I have to delete the poll and start a new one. We will lose all the votes but it seems like most people wanted to vote for Cold War.

I can then also add the following eras:

1.Western

2.Ancient(Roman,Alexander)

3.Cold War

Start new poll and delete this one?

The Vietnam War appeals to me as one for the first modern conflicts, but it's also kind of fictual to me, since I was born in the eraly seventies and was introduced to it through Stone's, Coppola's and Kubrick's masterpieces. Vietnam is modern, yet mythical.

I would love to see the Falklands conflict in ArmA. I am still having a great time with the OpFlash one.

How about we leave the political debates for the OT section? Just to point out to Cydon that the Western Allies had fought in North Africa, then the Med., Italy, Atlantic, fighting against Japan which was over a massive area etc.

And he was not saying you should be locked up. He was talking about Nazi supporters.

How about we leave the political debates for the OT section? Just to point out to Cydon that the Western Allies had fought in North Africa, then the Med., Italy, Atlantic, fighting against Japan which was over a massive area etc.

Yes. This is why that thread was set up I guess. So that threads like these could be peaceful smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

And he was not saying you should be locked up. He was talking about Nazi supporters.

Exactly. CyDoN, you don't really support the Nazis do you? crazy_o.gif

I voted Modern, but it doesn't have to be USA vs. "Commie evildoers" or/and Terrorists. That, however, is getting old.

60's, 70's and 80's conflicts are fun too, unless it's Vietnam.

I voted post apocalypse, just because that sort of surviving against the odds, scraping together rag tag assortment of vehicles, weapons and equipment to survive in the aftermath of a global disaster appeals to me.where there is no opposing sides, just groups of people trying to survive.

Plus zombies are just f*cking cool.

I would actually like to see all periods represented but I am

emphatically not at all interested in just seeing the ArmA

"run and shoot" paradigm reproduced but just using different

weapons. I am much more interested in seeing the weapons,

tactics and attitudes of historical periods and types of

warfare portrayed authentically. I'd like to be able to get

some idea of what it was actually like to participate in those

campaigns (within the limits of the video-game format).

This even applies to fictional armies and wars. The diversion

would be in seeing how army compositions and tactics fare

against an enemy. My own 1970s British infantry in OFP was

a good example of this as I soon realised that they were at a

disadvantage against contemporary Soviet troops (due to a

lack of grenade projectors, inappropriate personal weaponry a

lack of firepower and old-fashioned tactics).

Taking Vietnam as an example, I'd like to be able to contrast

the American approach to the war in the jungle with the

Australian approach and with the French approach.

Generalising the study of jungle warfare, I'd be interested in

reconstructing and experiencing the British commonwealth

troops fighting the Japanese in the Burmese jungles, or the

Malayan emergency or the war in Indonesia or the wars in

Central America with the weapons and tactics of the eras

all authentically reproduced.

However, given the inanity of ArmA AI in SP mode and other

deficiencies of the game engine I think this could only be

done properly in multiplayer by persons who were genuinely

interested in studying the military experience of different

eras. I guess it'd be difficult to find that many people who

wanted to approach it from that angle.

I voted post apocalypse, just because that sort of surviving against the odds, scraping together rag tag assortment of vehicles, weapons and equipment to survive in the aftermath of a global disaster appeals to me.where there is no opposing sides, just groups of people trying to survive.

Plus zombies are just f*cking cool.

Agree with everythig, especially with that final note!

any of the Arab Israeli wars and maybee a mod about Afghanistan in the late 70's the overall emphasis on US wars has become very tiring. Lets not overdo the WWII stuff.

crazy thoughts

PLA-v-ROC

Koreas

Former Yugoslavia....

Modern Warfare, if your being realistic and i always like to be realistic.

2nd choice, the last one.. Zombie's, something a bit mindless to get your gun off.

pistols.gif

I would actually like to see all periods represented but I am

emphatically not at all interested in just seeing the ArmA

"run and shoot" paradigm reproduced but just using different

weapons. I am much more interested in seeing the weapons,

tactics and attitudes of historical periods and types of

warfare portrayed authentically. I'd like to be able to get

some idea of what it was actually like to participate in those

campaigns (within the limits of the video-game format).

This even applies to fictional armies and wars. The diversion

would be in seeing how army compositions and tactics fare

against an enemy. My own 1970s British infantry in OFP was

a good example of this as I soon realised that they were at a

disadvantage against contemporary Soviet troops (due to a

lack of grenade projectors, inappropriate personal weaponry a

lack of firepower and old-fashioned tactics).

Taking Vietnam as an example, I'd like to be able to contrast

the American approach to the war in the jungle with the

Australian approach and with the French approach.

Generalising the study of jungle warfare, I'd be interested in

reconstructing and experiencing the British commonwealth

troops fighting the Japanese in the Burmese jungles, or the

Malayan emergency or the war in Indonesia or the wars in

Central America with the weapons and tactics of the eras

all authentically reproduced.

However, given the inanity of ArmA AI in SP mode and other

deficiencies of the game engine I think this could only be

done properly in multiplayer by persons who were genuinely

interested in studying the military experience of different

eras. I guess it'd be difficult to find that many people who

wanted to approach it from that angle.

I would also love to see this in a game rather than just your standard Rambo, MoH run n gun type games. Hopefully a software company will come up with something similar to your description. Hell maybe even a group in ArmA will come up with something similar with standard game addons or a mod. I would love to take part in missions like those.

Those Gordon Highlanders? Were they released? They were the local regiment at one point; wouldn't mind getting my grubby mits on them.

Hi, nice Ideas here..

I voted 4 Vietnam..

But i think here we could get a closer look to the french part (46-54).

Truly the whole Vietnam-Szenario including the U.S. is awesome and the stuff used in.

The Korean-War felt thru again, it seems to me noone cares about...?

All Wars, AFTER WW2 would be very interesting. When i think of all that nasty fixedwings, tanks ships an choppers built n used in, yeah Coldwar... nothing comes over it.

All the "Puppetwars" are interesting as well.

And wtf about real Helpingmissions down there in Africa...?

UN-Troops could invite multiple Countries to the Campaign..

Ahh... have to slow down...

Will be surprised anything bigger releases till Xmas...

World war one ought to be modeled. I can't believe how ignorant society is about the Great War...

World war one ought to be modeled. I can't believe how ignorant society is about the Great War...

The problem is that making a fun game about WW1 is next to impossible. There are some flying games and that's cool but the ground part is just terrible. The whole western front was sitting in a trench waiting for the next enemy suicide attack or going over the top to die yourself, just senseless leaving nothing for the player to decide. The beginning and end of the war or the eastern front would be interesting to experience, but not much is known about them to the general public.

For me WW2!! The biggest war, that ever burned in the world!! especially the German weapons and Tanks were cool and have a special architecture