Sign in to follow this  
L!nk07

Your favourite warfare era!

Always wanted to make a contribution but you don't know how? Find out what the community wants most and get started on your addon.

P.S. Let me know if you want to add one...

I voted modern. But I don't just want Iraq. I don't care if some armies are not at war IRL. Fictional wars can be fun too smile_o.gif

There's a large gap in time between Vietnam and today!

I voted modern but I'm also a huge fan of the fallout games so post apocalyptic gets my second vote (if I had one). Anything but WW2, I sometimes wish the world would have another war just to stop the endless barrage of movies/shows/games all trying to recreate the same battles I was sick of hearing about years ago...

Having said that, after ww3 I'm not sure who'd be left to make said movies/shows/games.

If a WW2 mod had matts effects, a great sound pack and some really nice models and weapons, all combined with a dynamic voice AI shouting in German - that would rock.

re-creating some WW2 battles would be great.

Is this really relative to the 'ArmA - ADDONS & MODS: DISCUSSION' board?

Either way I was going to go for modern, but "Modern Warfare (Iraq)" put me off, its not exactly a war, never really was. More of a peacekeeping operation.

Modern Warfare (Afghanistan) smile_o.gif

But not US troops but other Coalition members (the majority of the foreign forces in Afghanistan)

Definitely WWII for me. Especially if WWII was fully realized in the ARMA Engine  inlove.gif

I'm drawn to the very distinct "good vs. evil" of WWII. Not to mention WWII seemed alot more 'personal.' No engaging via hellfire missile from 5KM's away. Alot of in-your-face infantry action. Not to mention a clear roadmap (thanks to history) of who-did-what-and-when.

I appreciate modern warfare's marvels too though smile_o.gif

Oh, man, the second half of the 20th century is so much fun, as it features almost endless amount of possible scenarios of killing each other...

confused_o.gif

None!

Why can't people just get along with each other.

And stay out of my country with your guns, tanks and your "superior" ideologies of how to run a state/live a life or  pistols.gif

If your way is superior to my way, I will eventually notice. No wars needed to make me notice.

Just understand to stay out and all will be well.

If I need military help from you, I will ask. Don't try to force help upon me. I will do the same for you.

ArmaVidz, unfortunately the "clear roadmap" about WW II is not so clear in my opinion. There are a lot of things presented wrong and many things are on purpose not mentioned. I'm sorry I will have to keep my specific opinions out of this thread, but there are lots of things under debate about how the history of the WW II should be written. I would say that it is far from a clear roadmap. The roadmap depends on who you ask. Each side writes their own history books, either honestly as they think things were, or lying. Soviet propaganda is a good example of not telling the truth to their own people. I think in modern-day U.S.A. things are not much better regarding how the government tries to justify their actions in front of their own nation.

I voted futuristic

NOT ! of course I voted WWII, (close tie between WWII and Vietnam)

Easy to immerse in and feel what it may have been like

(and no I am not sick of it, nobody has done the ultimate WWII or Vietnam sim yet)

Nothing like Carrier,Sub, Destroyer,Fighter/Bomber plane, Island taking Pacific WWII era stuff is the best

I could wax fighter planes all day for the extra few mph's for the advantage, lol

And stay out of my country with your guns, tanks and your "superior" ideologies of how to run a state/live a life or  pistols.gif

If your way is superior to my way, I will eventually notice. No wars needed to make me notice.

Just understand to stay out and all will be well.

ArmaVidz, unfortunately the "clear roadmap" about WW II is not so clear in my opinion. There are a lot of things presented wrong and many things are on purpose not mentioned.

wink_o.gif I think most people gather here to 'play' combat, not influence RL combat. I won't venture into why Armies invade countries, but mass killing and opression just might have something to do with that.

And, ah, WWII if you take an objective look at as much footage as you can, as well as documentation, while motives are not clear for allies 'helping' allies, the overall 'mission' was to remove a grotesque dictator that committed genocide on mass scale. evil enough for my liking.

WWII all the way! Good topic smile_o.gif

Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers was one of my favourite WWII experiences ever. Re-creating this epic world changing events in ArmA will be excellent! Can't wait for the first D-Day missions(Rangers, Paratroopers, German Defence etc.).

WWII was and will always be my first pick...

Vietnam, or any conflict from the 60's or 70's. An established interesting history to work with. It suits ArmA's engine too.

Don't know what it is about modern warfare, but I find the theme boring. Too many gadgets. Knowing what we know about modern conflicts (Iraq), the modern conventional warfare that ArmA simulates is largely a fantasy. I do not want a mirror of reality though. The late 90's and 2000s have no soul.

WWII. Done to death.

VTE ftw.

You forgot to say about the ancient wars. Alexander the Great/Rome etc so i ll say The Post-Apocalyptics but i wont vote.

More of a peacekeeping operation

LOL maybe warkeeping smile_o.gif

I'm drawn to the very distinct "good vs. evil" of WWII.

who is the good and who the evil in ww 2?

why havent you inlcuded the cold war era?

ok there havent been any major conflicts but it definately leaves space for made up stories..

besides i like all the ol´skewl gear and techs far more than todays gadget freaked geardos where you need to research for days just to get decent pics of one certain pouch..

*sigh*

I would like some WWIII in modern settings Western world against Whole Africa coalition or Europe+russia vs Asia would be great. I dont like this modern conflicts where some one superpower keep controlling their economic by military and there is no true fair battle exist in battlefield. All versus All is the best scenario. I mean a war where every nations will fight with all their arsenal and manpower. Of course its just my fantasy on virtual gaming and I want see that happend in reality.

I'm drawn to the very distinct "good vs. evil" of WWII.

who is the good and who the evil in ww 2?

I seem to have forgotten atm but what I do know is the name of a couple flamebaiters and trolls now wink_o.gif

I think WWII hasn't lost it's tarnish. It's been 'done' to death but has never been 'done right.'

I'd really like to see an Isreali-Arab 60 and 70s war mod. I think it'd be interesting to see something that doesn't involve the US as a warring faction. I also think it'd be interesting to see a fictional african conflict, perhaps "inspired" by real world events. The Toyota wars mod was fun.

Quote[/b] ]Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers was one of my favourite WWII experiences ever. Re-creating this epic world changing events in ArmA will be excellent! Can't wait for the first D-Day missions(Rangers, Paratroopers, German Defence etc.).

Guuhh. Please not that. I'd much rather play anything else than another game focusing on yet again D-Day. I would much rather play as the russians and that's why I like the Lib mod for OFP. And I also loved the I44 mod for OFP because it was something different and just wasn't centralized around the americans. That also prompted my choice for the desert.

I'd also like to see a Pacific theatre mod, that could be very interesting if pulled off right.

A Vietnam mod is also awsome, and I think that's all that I'm allowed to say.