Sign in to follow this  
Shadow NX

RHS T-64 MBT pack v.0.9 ( Preview )

@ Symbiot:

Man, do it better. Some harsh unneeded comments again from you, i saw this a few times now.

Nothing against constructive critism but this isn´t necessary.

Especially with the rate of addons coming out  mad_o.gif

I love this addon to death.

Sorry i can't to be a part of flock of sheep to say amazing EVEN IF IT IS NOT AMAZING at all.

Don't worry i do better  wink_o.gif

I think even this toy looks better and many times more realystic biggrin_o.gif

museum_t64_a_kit05.jpg

museum_t64_a_kit06.jpg

museum_t64_a_kit07.jpg

Quote[/b] ]Hope some T-55's and BRT-T's are on the horizon

I hope too, but not from RHS plz  yay.gif

IMHO

It's a chinese plastic toy, lowest quality !

I'm russian and i'we seen a lot of russian tanks, but this thing....is everything but not a russian tank !

Make a better one or at least post what you dont like otherwise please dont visit this thread again you god of addon making.

How about helping us making the thing better, also according to you we should have used like 50.000 polygons?

Seriously im tired of such arrogant crap.

Oh youre not russian so you know nothing about our army, seriously, IM SICK OF IT.

Btw also maybe i should have written the V.0.9 and Preview in all caps?

Hope some T-55's and BRT-T's are on the horizon smile_o.gif

I don't think you can code the loader being killed every time the turret turns wile reloading the main gun wink_o.gif .

RHS, I love the stuff you have pumped out so far. This package is great. If I have to be critical, the skins are my only problem.

IMHO

I'm russian and i'we seen a lot of russian tanks, but this thing....is everything but not a russian tank !

Make a better one or at least post what you dont like otherwise please dont visit this thread again you god of addon making.

How about helping us making the thing better, also according to you we should have used like 50.000 polygons?

Oh youre not russian so you know nothing about our army, seriously, IM SICK OF IT.

You are big LOL

So yr opinion is - say it's AMAIZING or get lost huh.gif

I'm not god of addonmaking and even if i'm russian IT MEANS NOTHING.

Take a damn picture of t-64 and put it between yr eyes and yr damn monitor with RHS t-64 screnee, AND TRY TO FIND SOMETHING SIMILAR..... banghead.gif

You don't need to use 50.000 to do something better. There is ppl who can use low-polys, and there is ppls who can't....

But you have a balls to show us primitive cube with crapy textures, it's even worse than original Arma's T-72....

And i must say - OUCH hollyyy sheeeet, it's beautiful, amazing....

I say what i see.

Try to hear over ppls opinion, maybe it will help to do things better.

First at all you need to change this model, and after textures

But i can uderstand your positions, you live in your dream world with evil russians playing balalayka drinking vodka and driving tanks like we see on these screens.....Good luck....

Nice tank, but nothing amazing. This tank's quality is too low for ArmA, next to ArmA BIS T-72 it looks out of place, doesn't fit in... its like enlarged toy tank, have no other words to describe it.

Since its beta hopefully things will improve.

Don't know about the actual model didn't see it in O2, but textures need to be fixed... whistle.gif

Shadow NX

BIS didn't use 50.0000 polies, and they still have better looking tank. 

Comments might look harsh, but without criticism quality never improves. Isn't this why its preview version, so you get criticism and improve.... icon_rolleyes.gif

IMHO

You are big LOL

So yr opinion is - say it's AMAIZING or get lost huh.gif

I'm not god of addonmaking and even if i'm russian IT MEANS NOTHING.

Take a damn picture of t-64 and put it between yr eyes and yr damn monitor with RHS t-64 screnee, AND TRY TO FIND SOMETHING SIMILAR..... banghead.gif

You don't need to use 50.000 to do something better. There is ppl how can use low-polys, and there is ppls who can't....

But you have a balls to show us primitive cube with crapy textures, it's even worse than original Arma's T-72....

And i must say - OUCH hollyyy sheeeet, it's beautiful, amazing....

I say what i see.

Try to hear over ppls opinion, maybe it will help to do things better.

First at all you need to change textures

Yeah indead a big lol, but let me say thank you for all the constructive criticism you showed here.

You could have said ok, i dont like this or that and heres my suggestion to make it better, no instead you just come in here and tell us how crappy and toy like this addon is.

Kenji spend lot of time to make this tank and the way you commentet his work is indeed like you said "a big lol".

So if you dont like it feel free to say it but then say it in a mature tone and not like you did before.

So, you wanna help to make it better, tell me how, im all ears and maybe later we can also satisfy you with the final result ( although i heavily doubt it ).

Nice tank, but nothing amazing. This tank's quality is too low for ArmA, next to ArmA BIS T-72 it looks out of place, doesn't fit in... its like enlarged toy tank, have no other words to describe it.

Since its beta hopefully things will improve.

Don't know about the actual model didn't see it in O2, but textures need to be fixed... whistle.gif

Shadow NX

BIS didn't use 50.0000 polies, and they still have better looking tank.

Comments might look harsh, but without criticism quality never improves. Isn't this why its preview version, so you get criticism and improve.... icon_rolleyes.gif

Yeah criticism is a nice thing, but so far i mostly just saw swear words and insults.

Maybe someone will finally be able to post some suggestions of how to make it better.

I think this whole discussion is mainly caused by the texture, BIS has a way to make the metal look pretty natural and we tried to redo this and failed at it.

Quote[/b] ]But i can uderstand your positions, you live in your dream world with evil russians playing balalayka drinking vodka and driving tanks like we see on these screens.....Good luck....

I'd rather say you leave in a dream, I'm slowy getting sick of russians being "hated" by everyone, this isn't true at all, if they still feel appart from the rest of the world, it's 90% their fault.

This "everyone hate us" last resort belongs to isrealian, you can't use it sorry... wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]But you have a balls to show us primitive cube with crapy textures, it's even worse than original Arma's T-72....

Arma t-72 is very good, few people on this forum are able to do such nice textures.

Quote[/b] ]And i must say - OUCH hollyyy sheeeet, it's beautiful, amazing....

Everyone knows those textures aren't top notch, it has been said in this topic.

Your behaviour isn't encouraging Kenji to do a better work, you are the perfect example of total not constructive criticist.

Symbiot I would advice you to de-register from these forums ASAP and never come back. I'm sorry to inform you, but you are useless (that's probably as harsh as I can get without having my ban-o-meter raised..). We seriously don't want or need people like you here. wink_o.gif

Shadow NX I'm loving it, especially the fact that you got the gunner/TC optics right! biggrin_o.gif

I hope you can eventually bug NonWonderDog enough to implement a proper FCS, that would be epic!

Symbiot I would advice you to de-register from these forums ASAP and never come back. I'm sorry to inform you, but you are useless (that's probably as harsh as I can get without having my ban-o-meter raised..). We seriously don't want or need people like you here.  wink_o.gif

Shadow NX I'm loving it, especially the fact that you got the gunner/TC optics right!  biggrin_o.gif

I hope you can eventually bug NonWonderDog enough to implement a proper FCS, that would be epic!

leave forums? are you joking? He made best retexture of BIS island Malden in OFP! let's see you making something like that  icon_rolleyes.gif

And that gives him the excuse to throw shit around? Heh, but no. He missed the constructive part in constructive criticism. It's fine to post crits, if you do it in a civilized manner.

leave forums? are you joking? He made best retexture of BIS island Malden in OFP! let's see you making something like that icon_rolleyes.gif

And that grants him somehow permission to act like a jackass? No. Giving constructive critique is one thing, but childish behavior and negative comments like these should not be tolerated no matter what you may have previously contributed to ArmA/OFP. It is severely demoralizing for someone to get feedback like this and it certainly does not contribute to the addonmaker's attempt to enhance the quality of his work.

I don't see how we need people like Symbiot to be present on these forums when he thinks it's okay to spew such negative rubbish.

And that gives him the excuse to throw shit around? Heh, but no. He missed the constructive part in constructive criticism. It's fine to post crits, if you do it in a civilized manner.

Well i don't see any insults here

"It's a chinese plastic toy, lowest quality !"

It's exactly how it looks, materials don't even look like metal  whistle.gif

Ok lets get back to normal discussion please.

Like i said, constructive criticism is welcome.

Also i may say im aware that this addon isnt perfect but it shows a great learnign curve compared what Kenji did before.

I think that Kenji knows more about this tank than most other people in here as hes a real tank nut.

And finally to end this stupid discussion about my view on russians, i like them and their culture and especially their military, and thats why i help to create this stuff.

@USSRsniper

Yeah, giving us some ideas how to improve would indeed be a nice idea.

"It's a chinese plastic toy, lowest quality !" <--disrespectful mode

materials don't look like real metal <-- respectful mode

Ok lets get back to normal discussion please.

Like i said, constructive criticism is welcome.

Also i may say im aware that this addon isnt perfect but it shows a great learnign curve compared what Kenji did before.

I think that Kenji knows more about this tank than most other people in here as hes a real tank nut.

And finally to end this stupid discussion about my view on russians, i like them and their culture and especially their military, and thats why i help to create this stuff.

"I think that Kenji knows more about this tank than most other people in here as hes a real tank nut."

But this model needs some real texture artist nut  tounge2.gif Since this addon is real example of how textures could ruin the model.

Okay..

On Topic

I just noticed the turret traverse is rather slow compared to other MBT's in ArmA, I presume this is due to it being modeled after real world data?

Also, hehehe what are the chances of a proper FCS? I'm sorry, but I gotta ask. smile_o.gif

Symbiot

+1 WL and a 48h vacation for flamebaiting.

They definately don't look as bad as symbiot makes them out to be, I think they look pretty good considering how much work it is to make real good textures.

Well after havinh a quick play with these metal beasts all I can say is that it looks different to the T72 and I wonder if the textures were darkened a bit it might fit in better ?

I still cant believe after all these years on the boards we have people who are so disrespectful of others hard work.

Mind you, I am a Cop, so nothing really surprises me about human behaviour.

Good work RHS, thanks thumbs-up.gif

Personally I think the textures are perfectly fine. I have no problems with them. If anyone can make them better, then sure by all means, but if not, hey these are still nice and I am very happy with this addon.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Symbiot old friend. Something to think about. smile_o.gif

~ You might wanna keep your personal relationship between RHS and you private.

~ Let your doings speak rather than words.

I see it that way, i couldnt do the textures better and as far as i can see noone else we had availeable could.

So i find them good enough for my taste even if i agree that they need to look bit more metal and used, still experimenting on how to achive such look.

If anyone has some hints for me and Kenji let us know.

It's really sad how many Russian Addon Makers behave.

It almost seems a sport. I remember nothing more than foul comments without constructive critics in them, from a number of such addon makers (I won't name them but I guess everyone who followed RHS knows what im talking about). It's really sad imho.

Competition is one thing, but making the other look like shit without proper constructive comments aint competition, its foul politics.

I love the tank and as it's Beta; nothing wrong if some parts of model or textures aren't as they should be. That's why it's a beta, and that's why a person with a lot of know how from the tank should not behave like an arse on fire, but instead supply constructive comments on what is wrong, what could be done better (in some detail instead of "Redo Model" "Redo Textures"), while thinking a little bit less about "You ... all think US Russians drive in plastic tanks, blabalbla".

I mean, go play in the sandbox if you can't communicate properly, and somehow feel humiliated because  your motherlands tank doesn't look 100% authentic in a game, lol  banghead.gif

Anyway, respect for all the hard work on everything you guys do RHS, you already were my heroes back in OFP, and ArmA just keeps getting better due to the awesome work of people like yourselves!

I have tried this tank yesterday evening.

First, it exists, that's already a good start and it shows in game with no bugs so far.

Some things still need some work, in my opinion:

- like many already pointed out : textures. I think that an UV map will just make it look 100x better.

- config wise : all ammunitions seem underpowered compared to BIS values. I can't kill a T72 with a T64BU, don't even dream of killing a M1A1. What kind of ammo do I have to select for AT purpose : AP or HEAT ? Both don't seem to hurt the target.

- config wise : turret traverse (turning) is slow as hell. I don't have a large enough table to even point a target which is at 3o'clock with my mouse... Is it just me ?

I hope most of these will get fixed in v1. Otherwise, it's still a good toy and a nice first try for an addon !

Malick