Sign in to follow this  
Shadow NX

RHS T-64 MBT pack v.0.9 ( Preview )

Dear 343rdBadger
Quote[/b] ]Heres an alternate paint scheme if anyone's interested..

Its not that friendly! Keep it simple - PM the author like "I have some new texture for your addon! Will this (*include pics thats show new stuff) help you?" Thats better way and for this case won't be trouble with permissions/credits.

Shadow NX isn't it a good idea to write "beta" and "preview" stuff in Addons & Mods: Discussion? When final make an extra thread in "Complete" - nobody should get wrong. wink_o.gif

He showed em a pic via PM before, im not sure if i replied cause that day i had many many PMs.

But let us please end that discussion here, this thread should be about the addon.

Hope we dont have to get this thread closed because of all the offtopic stuff.

You are all whinging about this and that on the tank, alot are just attacking the work and being smart A%$es what would you be like if RHS pulled up stumps and left?

Shadow, mate you are showing real maturity putting up with some of the "helpful" hints coming from the stadium of experts here, my hat goes off to you.

I like the tank and its textures look fine thru my Javelin sight at 1000m thumbs-up.gif

Maybe if some spent more time playing with the tank and less time taking pics.....

So far this release just made me headaches and made me wonder why we spend so many hours on this.

Becasue it's not a hobby, it's a passion (or obsession) wink_o.gif

Don't worry, players have the right to write whatever they want, & you u have the right to ignore some things that are not... proper smile_o.gif

BEsides, most people think that your mod is #1, and it really is, in many-many ways, and so when something "made by RHS" is not completely PERFECT, some folks get terribly upset... and it's ok, becasue this is a clear indication that people admire your hard work & dedication. Anyways... you guyz did an outstanding job with those tanks.

Quote[/b] ]Don't worry, players have the right to write whatever they want

No that is not correct, that is why you have a ban-o-meter beneath your avatar. Remember, posting on these forums is a privilege, not a right. This is the Internet, not a democracy.

Yeah it must be the passion or the fact that i found OFP and ArmA the most moddeable games so far.

At least when i asked Kenji about why we do this he said its passion ^^

Also i may say that i dont think RHS is a number one mod as there are far more talented people than us out there, however i think we always tried to bring good addons and so far i think we delivered quite some nice pieces smile_o.gif

For those who still cant get used to the textures, i saw first samples of the new style that we develop atm with the help of samples from Maa and it looks very promising.

Should come close to the CSLA textures later.

---EDIT---

Heres a quick preview of tests on the T-80B model

Old Texture

New Texture

Hope that will finally please everyone.

So far its only the main hull texture with no specular and only test normal maps.

Also for the sound lovers, i talked to Kenji about how important the sounds are and the next versions of the tanks will feature all the candy again like new gun,nsvt,pkt, autoloader,rocket,fire alarm,engine and tracks sound, maybe even some more lil goodies like a talking crew

I risk to be quite rude to you now Shadow NX, but this:

Quote[/b] ]Also i may say that i dont think RHS is a number one mod as there are far more talented people than us out there

is the bigges bullshit i've ever heard in this forum.

You are a number one mod, because you brought good addons. With care for detail and quality. RHS VDV and Marine textures have been mentioned as reference, they meassured their own work with. The number of very active modders participating in your addons is also a sign for this. But the most important thing that qualifies you as a number one mod team is the response to bugs an suggestions and the consistency within recent mod developments, e.g. addoption of NWD ballistics etc. - You can be pretty proud of your work so far!

The textures look very good, I like the harder edge to the newer texture.

RHS = notworthy.gif

A couple of things I have noticed with the T64, can you clarify if this is supposed to happen please

- Turret turns extremly slowly

- Tips over very easily on rough terrain

- when turned out the turret is locked

- on 2 magazines on the commanders HMG

i dont get that whole threat, its the best looking addon (maybe except of the rhs hind biggrin_o.gif) i have seen so far for arma, and i have seen a lot, why that much criticism? and in that tone... i think the tank totally fits arma. you cant say that about 90% of the other new models released so far... the only thing i have to complain about is the sound and it was confirmed that it will be changed in 1.0 or later...

waiting for the release smile_o.gif

some other new features? maybe some FCS cooperation? whistle.gif

I also think that the textures arent as bad as some make them.

Think its more cause BIS this time did a good job on the textures and used a style that its hard to match.

Think the so called "toy look" is nore the model that needs few more modelled details ( will be done ) and also partly the real T-64s look itself that is also not so easy to copy perfectly in a addon.

Kenjis beta T-80 had the same texturing and somehow that tank looked a lot better which is i think cause Kenji matched the look of the real thing very very well there.

Every time i look at it i think that this tank has a real beautifull design.

One other thing is that BIS didnt just use normal maps that just add shine to a whole part but instead uses a normalmap with only few bright crisps so you get a bumpy metallic look when you rotate the camera around the tank instead of whole parts that shine completely as we have it atm ( will also be added/fixed ).

So the new texture style will first be shown on the T-80 pack ( no release date yet ) along with the new more bis style like specular map effects.

Later the T-64 pack will receive the same threatment aswell.

---

About Realistic FCS, well i and Kenji both asked NWD and offered oen of our tanks as testbed but intrest was rather low.

Cant blame him as hes surely very very busy already making the newer tanks systems.

If NWD reads this and now wants to use one of the tanks he just needs to write me a PM and we arrange everything.

About turret speed, thats wanted and realistic for a russian tank, NWDs realism pack has the same speed settings for the T-72 turrets.

About it flipping easily, didnt notice that it flips more than other arma vehicles but if many have that prob let me know and we see if we can fix it.

Locked turret, yes its known and next version should not have that.

all i see is critisizm, and no credits, they spent tons of hours

of ass busting work to finish their work for us.. to enjoy the game, and all u end up doing is nagging...

anyway great job, i think u'r the number 1 out here

This is great work, and I'm certainly interested in helping with the fire control, but I'm not ready to apply my FCS work to other tanks yet. Once everything is set with the T-72 and M1A1, I'll get back to you. My current method requires extensive model edits, you see, and the exact edits aren't quite set in stone right now. I haven't drawn any of the graphics the 1G21 and 1G46 FCS would need, either.

But I say the turret should be locked when the driver is unbuttoned. In fact, I've added "lockWhenDriverOut=1;" to the T-72 turret and added an animation that moves the turret 12.5 degrees to the right when the driver is turned out (to make room for his head). I'm not sure there are any main battle tanks where it's safe to enable turret stabilization with the driver's hatch open.

I do have a couple nitpicks: I can't figure out what the T-64BU is supposed to be. There are thirty-odd T-64 subvariants, and there's probably room for a fictional one, but as far as I know there is no designation "T-64BU." A T-64BV might be a better fit, but this could probably be massaged into a T-64B "BM Bulat" tank, shown here and here. "Relikt" ERA should be "Nozh" ERA, too, since it's Ukrainian. (Note that there are only 19 BM Bulat tanks in existence, however, and only 25 T-64BM/T-64BM2 tanks...)

The turret shape isn't quite right for a modernized T-64, though. It looks like you've just put ERA on a T-64A/T-64B unified turret, and the ERA has too sharp an edge on it. It would probably be close enough if the housing for the right-hand optic was removed and the ERA was flattened out a bit. Here's a diagram for the Ukrainian-built "Nozh" ERA. And instead of an infrared light on the left side of the commander's cupola, it should have a PZU-7 anti-aircraft sight (I should be able to script a way to switch between this and the main sight).

The rubber turret skirts don't look anything like rubber skirts, either. I'm assuming you're aware of that , but it's the main thing detracting from the model for me.

Thanks for the info NWD, make sure to inform us when you know what is needed to make a model compatible to the newer FCS system.

About the critic on the tank mainly the SLA BU variant:

Im not sure myself about the BU but i think Kenjis idea was more or less to make indeed a fictional SLA tank based on a old T-64B with some upgrades from more modern versions quickly added.

Think the idea was more or less to at least include one bit stronger tank in the pack without delaying it too much.

Also Kenji already said he regrettet adding it already because of the innacuracys.

Personally i would love to see it bit edited and released as a BM2 .

If you have some good and rare reference material for such tanks please point us to it, especially interiour views would be extremely helpfull.

I think that T-64 is the first REAL addon for ArmA.Plz keep working you make fantastic job. notworthy.gif

since noone seems to check their messages in this forum,

imma post here too

@ShadowNx, Kenji, since you already created a tank, could you help me get mine released I could simply give you all the models and textures unless we can work together, (which i would prefer).

mainly facing problems in oxygen2 related to naming conventions, designations of parts and turrets

its here - t90mVladimir

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=69281

i havent updated it but modeling/texturing is 100% done

with 3 different skins

so pls reshpond!...or my t-90 faces the garbage bin of doomed discarded addons.

Pretty impatinent arent we?

You wrote the PM and complain noone answered in like 1-2 hours after you wrote it? wink_o.gif

I got a job and that rarely allows me to only check for PMs at daytime, so next time at least wait a little before you post PMs.

Btw, aswer to your PM is already sent smile_o.gif

That T-90 looks great! Hope it gets released as T-90 projects have had a habit of never coming out since the OFP days.

Think we help him releasing it, in case you also wanna help Mecha drop me a PM smile_o.gif

that t-90 indeed looks nice. It would be awesome to see it released in cooperation with RHS. notworthy.gif

And hopefully RHS will add internals in that T90? wink_o.gif It wasnt planned by daniel_h.

(Maybe the T64 internals are easy to modify so they are suitable for bis T72? That would make my day!!! )

Yes, internals are important for me. Its just a big console-feeling for me without and I miss my tankwars...

edit: I must add that you make me really happy that you are adding it for T64!!

I've got a couple hundred T-64A detail shots I'd forgotten about, but nothing of the interior. The best I've got are some blurry low-resolution line drawings in the operations manual, and you can't see much of anything.

I should have a couple T-72 and T-80 interior references, though. I'll send a PM later with links to everything.

Would be very kind of you NWD smile_o.gif

About the T-90, well i think we should do it like on the 64s, first release a version without it so people can play and test and later we add the interiour as final eyecandy.

Interiours are more complex then some may think especially cause its damn hard to find some for many russian tanks.

As nice as interiors are I don't think they're a big deal, mind you I like to play gunner where I'm staring down the sight 99% of the time if I'm doing my job properly and when driving its usually just easier to hit V and look through the slit.

I think we will release a lil update on the T-64s tomorrow, not much just some fixes and lil things like new sounds, no texture and model changes yet.

Big thanks to MaddMatt who worked on the config:

"changed the shells to inherit from the similar BIS shells, the tanks now also use the extended EH addon so that they are compatible with mods. I included both extended EH addons, although you don't really need the fired one right now because the tanks don't have any use for it. The init one is used for the random numbers script.

They seem to work perfectly with Sickboys tracers (shells now have tracers) and my mod (tank muzzleflash works)."