Sign in to follow this  
luemmel

Your Feedback on Queen's Gambit

Its however great to see this addon dwarfed by that all the community addons allready released.

erm... what community add-ons? huh.gif i mean, apart from numerous reskins and a few OPF-conversions there really hasn't been much in over a year.

i'm no insider at all, though. so maybe i missed a lot of add-ons even though i regularly check this board and the appropriate threads...?

1) Porto should be included in "United Sahrani"

2) DC3 with bugs (air+naval vehicles are not "BIS devs-friends" yet)

3) 6G30 incl. mag should be in SLA weapon box

4) some missions need little upgrade...

These are things that could easily fixed in the next 2-3 patches and ~15 EUR is maximum in respect to community addons, missions etc.

(btw. have anyone informations about final release of BIS/ArmA tools?)

But I am still annoyed over the main characters "helmetcap"... as said before, his only intrests must have been Vietnam and Baseball. confused_o.gif  

The real question is why anyone who had a choice would

wear a steel pot in this day and age. Let's see:

M1 steel helmet (our survey said)

============

Heavy [x]

Awkward [x]

Interferes with vision [x]

Less ballistic protection than a 1980s K-pot [x]

Looks cool [ ]

And those silly looking mercs are only missing the 6 shooters and bottles of Jim Beam. C'mon, atleast some real looking PMC's.

I guess you havent worked with any mercs IRL? tounge2.gif

[im]http://www.dissidentvoice.org/Articles/Herold_SpecialForces_files/image005.jpg[/img]

If these are paid by the US goverment, I wouldnt want to speculate how the ones employed by the RACS would have looked like

But I am still annoyed over the main characters "helmetcap"... as said before, his only intrests must have been Vietnam and Baseball. confused_o.gif

Its however great to see this addon dwarfed by that all the community addons allready released. I belive this comittment and hard work by some are making us a bit spoiled concerning new content. QG sure could have had more addons, but in my world it added enough. A great campaign and a beautiful new island.

RL mostly seems to own the virtual, lately. this merc really couldn't be invented in a more cliche way.

He's not a 'merc', and perhaps it would be worthwhile if you'd Google some information on the story behind that photo - It will explain a lot about his appearance smile_o.gif

Probably the biggest disappoint for an addon i have yet to see. 1 small town island. a couple missions and maybe some new buildings. I think BIS should contract a few of you addon makers to make them something everyone will actually like.

Probably the biggest disappoint for an addon i have yet to see. 1 small town island. a couple missions and maybe some new buildings. I think BIS should contract a few of you addon makers to make them something everyone will actually like.

I'm sure some people still wouldn't be happy. It seems fine from what I've played of it so far. It's well made. I think I remember one or two good user made campaigns in the whole 6 years of OFP's existance, and here we have 2 well worth a play. Also the island is made for MP urban fights with more enterable buildings and so on, something people have been whining for for some time. Seems whatever BIS does people just want more and more.

I'd be careful quoting images kylroy.

Might get the pimp hand slapped on you by the almighty mods.:)

i am very happy with the mini-expansion and am only in the 2nd mission of the merc campaign. It's hard to explain but somehow feels 'right' and is very immersive.

great move BIS and the company you got to make the missions.

bring on more of these for this price please (of course adding in some add-ons, improvements and features along the way).

not replacing patches (we still need few things fixed in ArmA core and maybe some neat extras like deployable bipods and AI that fights and acts tactically more as a group)

smile_o.gif

Well i won't be buying it thats for sure. Don't you just hate it when a company brings out a buggy game. Then releases an addon instead of using that time to fix it.

Queen Gambit is nice ,but those bugs kills me crazy_o.gif

for example pistol iron sight bug on mercs and agent models,

stupid NVG and f***in fog on 8800's sad_o.gif

I need better patch to play better on Core Duo with 8800GTX

confused_o.gif

i try to bought it yesterday on spain (zaragoza) but maybe the distributor truck have a accident or something.... stil waiting.... huh.gif

Well i won't be buying it thats for sure. Don't you just hate it when a company brings out a buggy game. Then releases an addon instead of using that time to fix it.

* sigh *

Most of QG (read : the campaign) was done by somebody else than BI.

Quote[/b] ]Probably the biggest disappoint for an addon i have yet to see. 1 small town island. a couple missions and maybe some new buildings. I think BIS should contract a few of you addon makers to make them something everyone will actually like.

As you didn´t even pay for it as you claimed earlier, I think it would be wise to simply shut up and go away.

Reference:

Quote[/b] ]im glad i didnt pay this hunk of crap

@Mods: How about dealing with guys using pirated software ?

He's not a 'merc', and perhaps it would be worthwhile if you'd Google some information on the story behind that photo - It will explain a lot about his appearance smile_o.gif

Special Forces usually are professional... Regerdless of any internet captions on the picture I can assure you that that this person obviously is nothing near in that department (having in mind the customs of Afghanistan). Maybe he tried to dress down, I dont know the story. Besides, if the elite look like that, how do you expect the mercs to look?

He's not a 'merc', and perhaps it would be worthwhile if you'd Google some information on the story behind that photo - It will explain a lot about his appearance  smile_o.gif

Special Forces usually are professional... Regerdless of any internet captions on the picture I can assure you that that this person obviously is nothing near in that department (having in mind the customs of Afghanistan). Maybe he tried to dress down, I dont know the story. Besides, if the elite look like that, how do you expect the mercs to look?

Oh c'mon... this guys in QG are old "A-Team-TV show style" Mercenaries, not modern time PMCs like Blackwater.

Even those old "The wild geese" Guys from '77 looked more professional.

Not all PMC's are professionals. Lot's are civilians with too much time on their hands who love guns and blowing shit up. Blackwater have expanded exponentially recently so they've had to hire people they might otherwise not do in order to fill the numbers for the contracts they get given and to maintain them.

Anywho why complain what they look like? At least now addon makers have some more model parts to play with to give us what we "really want".

I think they've done a nice job with Royal Flush and Sahrani Run.

New vehicles with HMG's and merc/partisan are usefull.

Porto and United Sahrani look good.

Expectations in DC3 + 6G30 are crushed.

Hopefully BIS make/release big developers/editing patch for ArmA 1 - BTS huh.gif

Hopefully BIS make/release big developers/editing patch for ArmA 1 - BTS  huh.gif

Yes please I am very happy QG but please release the patch.

My personal feedback:

I think this addon is great for people who play SP, but less useful for MP purposes. The new island, which is billed as an urban combat environment, should have been much more IMO. More like a coherent real town, look as though it is still in use instead of the ghost-town feel you do get, and ALL buildings should be enterable with fully formed interiors. What we have is plopped down default buildings on an unremarkable terrain, with very little "real-world" feel. Rahmadi Extended is a better effort IMO.

The Sahrani United island seems somewhat of an unnecessary duplication, very few new elements, certainly not enough to justify the HD space it takes up. I'd guess it's included to prevent casual swapping of mission files from the campaigns etc to people without the island.

However, I did buy the addon as I feel I got more than my money's worth with ArmA and I like to support. I guess the campaign represents the real "meat" of this addon, which is fine if you buy it on those terms.

Ok... assure me then...But he's not a merc, he is special forces, and like I said, google the story, he had a very good reason to tie his shirt around his head and like I've stated already, it explains his appearance in that photo. It's a bit of a pointless argument to continue in this thread though, as it detracts from the actual discussion at hand smile_o.gif

At any rate, I agree with the earlier statement about these being more A Team than Blackwater, but hey, it's all in the name of fun at the end of the day biggrin_o.gif

Great campaigns (Royal Flush is awesome - for me: 9/10, while the Rahmadi-Campaign - 6/10).

Porto Island is a great island! I loved lying in the grass...

In general, QG is worth the price!

Great work!!

Mercs_19.jpg

There are Mercenaries

Quote[/b] ]Mercenaries arrested for firing on Marines
Quote[/b] ]Mercenaries attack Marine outpost

In Falluja, on May 28, Marines of Regimental Combat Team 8 spotted a convoy of sport-utility vehicles firing at Iraqi civilians. A few hrs later a Marine patrol was fired on . Later in the day, a Marines observation post came under sniper fire. Once Marines realized the firing was related to the civilian convoy the Marines had to take action, Lt. Col. Lapan said.

As the convoy tried to flee Fallujah the Marines laid spike strips on the road exiting Fallujah. Marines from an observation post stopped nineteen employees working for a contract security firm. Marines surrounded the armored SUV, and the mercenaries quickly surrendered. They were handcuffed and vehicles searched.

My feedback:

Porto - lovely, just beautiful.

United Sahrani - bout the same. Like the lumber camps though.

Royal Flush - fun, it not terribly realistic. Pretty easy.

Queen's Gambit - decent, plenty of nice animations to find the names of for use in custom missions. Few design quirks (esp. that damn TV studio level) but otherwise nice enough. Voice acting is a tad "speaking-to-a-5-year-old" level, but no problem; nothing like a bit of spoon feeding.

Porto - lovely.