Sign in to follow this  
luemmel

Your Feedback on Queen's Gambit

So, QG ist out since some days and most owners should have played a little bit the campaigns.

From my point of view both campaigns are really good and they bring back the great OFP atmosphere. Environment sounds, Music, Cinematic sequences, story board - all is harmonized. For instance the big Rahmadi Attack with dozens of battle ships and air strikes were very impressive.

I wish that this developers will support the ArmA II project.

What is your general feedback?

Very good value for the price.

The only things that often made me wanna tear my hair out were caused by ArmA, it just sucks so badly that the AI refuses to board slightly damaged vehicles or often refuses to even get in completely empty vehicles... thats one of the AI probs that really showed perfectly in thsi campaign cause there are so many 4x4s to use.

Or that you can climb some ladders only to fall down again on top and die.

But like i said thats ArmA bugs, QG seems good to me and especially royal flush is great.

I like it alot . wel worth the pennies smile_o.gif

4 the bugs, they will be fixed wink_o.gif

Did anyone encounter a real showstopper so far..?

I was skeptical at first but then I realized that I actually got more value out of it than I did from Half-Life 2: Episode 1, and I paid more for it than I did for QG.

It took me 5 hours to finish EP1, and it took me about 8 or so hours to finish Royal Flush - plus all the new character models I can play with, plus a new island, plus new vehicles, etc.

Infact, I got really motivated after beating RF to modify it slightly and add a bunch of high-detailed addon weapons to the arms dealer so I can beat it all over again with the sweet AK103 or even a V94 crazy_o.gif

I actually hope BIS (I know it was Peter Games or something - I forget their name - who actually made QG) releases several packages like this. I'd definitely buy them all.

Good for the money. Royl Flush is a great campaign. Porto is nice too. New buildings and the small roads around United Sahrani also good adition.

Guest Ti0n3r

Like I said earlier, Royal Flush is a real masterpiece. Good story, many surprises and good, quite uniqe missions. IMO the best campaign since Resistance for OFP. I'd love to see another campaign by Black Element Software in the near future notworthy.gif

I have only tried the first Rahmadi Conflict mission, but so far I don't like it. You're supposed to sabotage enemy tanks and shilkas on the beach, but you don't get a proper briefing, a map or the possibility to selected your gear for the mission. 3 satchels is all you get crazy_o.gif

Overall, QG is A+ inlove.gif

I was skeptical at first but then I realized that I actually got more value out of it than I did from Half-Life 2: Episode 1, and I paid more for it than I did for QG.

It took me 5 hours to finish EP1, and it took me about 8 or so hours to finish Royal Flush - plus all the new character models I can play with, plus a new island, plus new vehicles, etc.

Infact, I got really motivated after beating RF to modify it slightly and add a bunch of high-detailed addon weapons to the arms dealer so I can beat it all over again with the sweet AK103 or even a V94 crazy_o.gif

I actually hope BIS (I know it was Peter Games or something - I forget their name - who actually made QG) releases several packages like this. I'd definitely buy them all.

I think it was Black Matter that did Queens Gambit, Peter Games was the german publisher.

About showstoppers, well i only had a good few ctds in the first weapon dealer mission, all other missiosn could be finnished without problems ( at least scripting wise ).

However in the Final mission i cant find her Majesty, can anyone PM me the spot to find her?

You're supposed to sabotage enemy tanks and shilkas on the beach, but you don't get a proper briefing, a map or the possibility to selected your gear for the mission. 3 satchels is all you get crazy_o.gif

Try to take AT rocket from your boat, that should make your life easier wink_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r
You're supposed to sabotage enemy tanks and shilkas on the beach, but you don't get a proper briefing, a map or the possibility to selected your gear for the mission. 3 satchels is all you get crazy_o.gif

Try to take AT rocket from your boat, that should make your life easier wink_o.gif

Thanks, didn't know that smile_o.gif

I still think you should add pre-mission gear selection though smile_o.gif

This was the oportunity for Arma to get a real new island and a few new quality vehicles and weapons, the good stuff, not some crappy leftovers...

They could have finished the wolf or the rabbit, people always wanted to have animals in the game.

They could have finished the artillery atleast, how about that?

How about an Mi-28 havok, a BTR-80, a bradley AFV?

I dont see anything that gives this mod half the value of the full game. If resistance for OPF is one of the best expantions ever this one must be the worst.

And those silly looking mercs are only missing the 6 shooters and bottles of Jim Beam. C'mon, atleast some real looking PMC's.

I think Armed Assault deserved a real expantion and the reason we got this is because BIS is already working on Arma II.

Im not angry, im sad...

I think its ok, the missions are much better. With more depth and atmosphere to the storylines, even if it did feel like you were taking part in the tv show the 'A Team' tounge2.gif

But I agree, that it was a wasted opportunity to add some content that was badly needed and requested by the community for some time...

Im not overly impressed, but yea its acceptable.

HeatSeeker you maybe missed the detail this expansion was done by Black Element Software on request from publisher ...

so while BES works on QG then BIS works on main engine, tools, server, future patches for ArmA and ofcourse ArmA2

so while BES works on QG then BIS works on main engine, tools, server, future patches for ArmA and ofcourse ArmA2

is there any logical/known reason why BIS don't work on an "official" add-on for ArmA?

ArmA needs an additional full-length campaign a lot more badly than OPF did.

United Sahrani was made in Black Element Software. Porto was made in Bohemia Interactive by the same team that is now working on ArmA2.

I will buy it. If my new computer can play it. I'm sure its a grrreat expansion. It's just that every single patch for the Nvidia 8800GTX chipsets, Vista, and 4GB+ Ram, have not worked for me (in my 6+ hours of troubleshooting). I hope BIS is working closely and/or at least talking to someone to try and have this resolved.

Cannot wait to play it smile_o.gif

I bought it to see what it was like and it is indeed a better campaign then the original arma. As everyone else has said though it could have had a few more addons included for the £20 ($40 USD) i paid for it. Its better though and i did like the idea of the arms dealer, scripts were a bit messy though with them sometimes not making sense, voice acting got better as the game went along, i like the options that you can take within the missions too! Id give it 7 out of 10 i would have given it more if a patch 1.09 was included though biggrin_o.gif

And those silly looking mercs are only missing the 6 shooters and bottles of Jim Beam. C'mon, atleast some real looking PMC's.

I guess you havent worked with any mercs IRL? tounge2.gif

image005.jpg

If these are paid by the US goverment, I wouldnt want to speculate how the ones employed by the RACS would have looked like

But I am still annoyed over the main characters "helmetcap"... as said before, his only intrests must have been Vietnam and Baseball. confused_o.gif  

Its however great to see this addon dwarfed by that all the community addons allready released. I belive this comittment and hard work by some are making us a bit spoiled concerning new content. QG sure could have had more addons, but in my world it added enough. A great campaign and a beautiful new island.

If you like SP: You get 1 awesome and 1 decent campaign with some addons which were neccesary for the campaign as a bonus. (Though i havent finished them yet, had to turn off some AI changes as they werent really compitable with how these missions were designed tounge2.gif )

If you mostly like MP: You get some addons where you have to pay for.

I love the campaigns and think it was well worth the money, however if you arent interested in the campaigns there is no big reason to get it, the addons are nice but you dont really need them for anything.

EDIT: Im still kinda dissapointed that Porto is as small as a womensjeans pocket, though we already knew that. tounge2.gif

You will recieve a lot of well made addons (and a few poor ones as well) for a small amount of money. The main benefit, from a mission designers point of view, is that you get more scenery/units/ etc to play around with, without the need to resort to third party addons. The two SP campaigns are okay. Not great, but not bad either. ArmA QG makes it a lot easier to produce your own addon free missions for easy distribution over the internet.

For those who followed the OFP series: Arma QG is to Arma what Red Hammer was to OFP. I wouldn't go as far as to call Arma QB a Resistance equivalent. But I think it was well worth the €15 I paid for the download.

EDIT: Corrected the abbr. QB to QG (damn third rate russian key boards icon_rolleyes.gif )