xeno

co30 Domination! One Team

I've noticed the radio communication audio sample that plays when receiving a message from base is garbled noise.

?

There's no such audio sample in vanilla Domination.

Xeno

This mision is AMAZING!!

I love it, thanks for giving us this, just now i finish playing an attack to masbete with this mission, that was absolutelly incredible, counterattacks, artillery, infiltration.... !!Amazing!!

- Integrated a new button in the status dialog to set the viewdistance.

Hi Xeno,

Would it be possible to add one button to be able to set terrain detail as well (see setTerrainGrid)?

Nice mission but hate to play without grass wink_o.gif

/KC

yep a great mission xeno,thank you!

love the randomness of main and side missions!

but there are some things i would still like to see added/changed if possible.

A stactic mash at the main bases might be handy?

Spectaor/admin spectate option via radio or something just too help admins keep things running smoothly

as keycat suggested option to set the terrain detail plz

we have captured a few east helicopters only to have them be deleted while someone was flying them biggrin_o.gif

funny to watch some poor pilot plunge to his death,but could you possably change that so they aren't deleted after a set amount of time?

happens with both the kamov's and the mi17's

as others have said would love to see the LD fixed/working for RACS

friendly AI dont seem to want to use/get in captured enemy vehicles,is that bug or delibrate?

finaly i would like to know if others are getting ctd's running domination 2.22?

i had 5 in less than an hour with mods [fdf] and running a clean 1.08

never had any ctds with other missions

btw pm me if you want my rpt file

keep working on this mission plz as it has alot of poential and is very popular on the server i play on!

BiGGiBs.

A stactic mash at the main bases might be handy?

Will be there in the next version.

Spectaor/admin spectate option via radio or something just too help admins keep things running smoothly

Not possible. There is no isAdmin command or something like this.

as keycat suggested option to set the terrain detail plz

Added.

we have captured a few east helicopters only to have them be deleted while someone was flying them biggrin_o.gif

funny to watch some poor pilot plunge to his death,but could you possably change that so they aren't deleted after a set amount of time?

Tinking about that...

as others have said would love to see the LD fixed/working for RACS

Maybe this will be fixed in 1.09, dunno. But beside the east and racs version next release will also include a west version.

friendly AI dont seem to want to use/get in captured enemy vehicles,is that bug or delibrate?

Ask BI smile_o.gif

finaly i would like to know if others are getting ctd's running domination 2.22?

i had 5 in less than an hour with mods [fdf] and running a clean 1.08

never had any ctds with other missions

Hm, no one reported that kind of problems yet. And during testing I and others have played for hours without a single crash.

Btw, next version needs 1.09!

Greetings

Xeno

is this just in your mission as there is an admin spectate in Kiljoys Evolution?

and not a good idea to 'force' people to use a patch that is still in beta testing stage, methinks?

oh and thanks for a fantastic mission...I especially like the side missions.   notworthy.gif

as caveman says some versions of evo have admin only spectate!

you even get a minimap view and can see the player icons and it even shows icons for their bullets incomming and outgoing fire

inspired by vbs2's after action review i guess,if you know what i mean!

other versions of evo have it set so anyone can spectate via radio menu 0 0 9

but just a normal spectate option would be fine!

anyway glad to see you're still working on it,looking forward to the next version...keep it up! smile_o.gif

BiGGiBs

is this just in your mission as there is an admin spectate in Kiljoys Evolution?

Once again, it is simply not possible. Afair KillJoy has hardcoded some admin names in Evolution and only users with that name can launch the spectating scripts. And I don't like that solution.

Some users asked for an isAdmin command in the bugtracker some time ago, but BI didn't implement that command.

and not a good idea to 'force' people to use a patch that is still in beta testing stage, methinks?

Well, there won't be a new Domination version anytime soon ;-)

To much things will change in the mission... so...

But I wan't to make use of addPublicVariableEventHandler and that is not possible with 1.08 (beside the fixed 240 global variables bug).

Xeno

Hi Xeno, thanks for this great "mission" (more of an addon actually IMO) notworthy.gif I love it!

One thing that bugs me though are "noobs" taking the BHs even though they can't really fly or just don't know what to do with them other than crashing.

Anyway, I don't know exactly what you could do about this - and I think you designed Dom this way so that it plays fast - but what about the following:

1 or 2 players (rescue operators, artillery guys or admin...) are able to lock the BHs or to unlock them only for specific players?

1 or 2 players (rescue operators, artillery guys or admin...) are able to lock the BHs or to unlock them only for specific players?

Hm, don't know if that is a good idea. Currently the first two BHs respawn only, when they are completely destroyed. BH three and four respawn after 25-30 minutes. Question is, what happens if those players disconnect and the BHs are still locked ? (well, could be checked by another script)

Xeno

Hi Xeno good of u too drop in to our OGN servers the other day, shame your ping was a little high though. Great work on this mission good fun too play smile_o.gif

Yeah nice work Xeno, i have a few suggestion to domination.

SF Models would be great to have in the game.

If i remeber rightly in OFP there used to be a few Helicopter Addons that came with a Rope Script, It would be cool to have Infantry absale out of a BHs.

Smed biggrin_o.gif  pistols.gif

Tinking about that...

Would it be possible then, if not the Helos, to 'Reclaim' Enemy vehicles that have been repaired, as when we take a weapon off the dead enemy they stay with us till game end or we swap again. And would it be possible to have a larger choice of vehicles won from finishing side missions, as when I was playing on SES server the other night, we got about 6 Harriers.....which whilst nice are bloody useless with out L D's!  wink_o.gif  

oh and the prototype tank mission at Arcadia is bugged...when we destroy the tank, with either Satchel or RPG, we kept getting the 'The SLA have decided to destroy it themselves' message, and hence end up with nothing won.

Thanx

I've noticed a problem that while playing the 2.22 version sometimes cleared targets doesn't turn green on the map and the counter in the status menu doesn't count. Anyone else that has this same problem?

EDIT! No real problem, This only occured when running the game without having a dedicated server. My bad.

Suggestion for improvement. Artillery. I'd really like some options on the artillery section, such as HE/HEPD shells for hard targets, or ICM/DPICM's for soft targets in groups. Smoke might be available also, but viewblocks should be considered. Illumination shells is also a must. Copperheads combined with lazed targets would also be cool, not sure how it would work with several target instances though.

On the artillery part, I'd like it to be a delay before impact, simulating both communications and flight time. Hell, communications could even be radioed even if only in written form. Variables such as number of rounds, round type, time of flight, shot, laze, and splash, could be announced.

But also, enemy artillery. But with a twist. First round is always an adjustment round using smoke or HE depending on closeness to their own troops. Then a certain delay, before they fire shells depending on the analyzed situation. No artillery to be used if spotters closest allies are in safe mode. If too close, only smoke or illumination, mostly illumination at night. If far enough away, use a mix between HE, ICM, or combined with either smoke or illumination. Smoke rounds just in front of the "spotter". Illumination behind. Larger randomness area for the spotround that the main rounds. Varied number of rounds.

Makes getting into cover very needed. The use of spot rounds makes it less of a hazzle as long as you keep moving.

However, I think this requires use of the UPS script, to avoid having our enemies standing in formation, which both looks a bit silly and not too realistic. I have no clue as to how to script this though.

Random availability factor on artillery instead of same intervals all the time.

Just my 2 cents biggrin_o.gif

I have some of this scripted if you care to have a look, but it has some problems, and I have absolutely no ideas about multiplayer considerations. So you'll probably need to test and rewrite to suit. But it could give some ideas. Let me know if this seems doable.

(Edit: Finished a phrase)

Edit2: Just realized I must have played an older version before. Some is already implemented in latest, but I'd still like:

* Better flares (say, a four gun pattern) in 4-6 rounds to maintain some light over a prolonged period of time.

* ICM's. Sorry, But I just love this, even when used against me biggrin_o.gif Maybe it could be a bonus award.

* And enemy artillery still stands, for that extra tension. Maybe taking out enemy artillery could be another sidemission.

We like this mission. It's a nice change from Evolution; less point whoring and less predictable. I also like the way the city targets have more armour in them than Evo, which seems to have mostly infantry. The randomness is a lovely touch.

Two things I'd like to bring to the authors attention.

Firstly, parachute failures. We seem to get a lot of them, it deploys and then breaks away from the player. It seems like a quarter of paradrops end in a splat.

Secondly, Teleports. It only seems to happen to me, my teammates don't report it, but when I select teleport from the flag, respawn one gets selected and I get zapped over there without any intervention from me.

I should mention that this is in the 2.22 AI version, our favourite!

We like this mission. It's a nice change from Evolution; less point whoring and less predictable. I also like the way the city targets have more armour in them than Evo, which seems to have mostly infantry. The randomness is a lovely touch.

Firstly, parachute failures. We seem to get a lot of them, it deploys and then breaks away from the player. It seems like a quarter of paradrops end in a splat.

Secondly, Teleports. It only seems to happen to me, my teammates don't report it, but when I select teleport from the flag, respawn one gets selected and I get zapped over there without any intervention from me.

I should mention that this is in the 2.22 AI version, our favourite!

Ditto on there para failures, been running it constantly on mine for awhile now. hopefully we'll see another realese of some sorts.

Hi guys i also noticed the para failures but i find if it fails press esc again and it will redeploy. it saved my skin lots of times. bit like a reserve parashute biggrin_o.gif

Hi guys i also noticed the para failures but i find if it fails press esc again and it will redeploy. it saved my skin lots of times. bit like a reserve parashute biggrin_o.gif

Didn't work for me, just bought up the esc menu.

Firstly, parachute failures.

Will be fixed in the next version.

Hmm... never had that problem before. Maybe a mouse problem, hard to say.

Next version is still in development, I hope to release it this month.

Xeno

Hmm... never had that problem before. Maybe a mouse problem, hard to say.

Here's a vid. As you can see, the moment I select teleport from the flagpole, the screen whizzes over to respawn 1 and takes me there.

I don't think it's a mouse problem, no other application does anything like this. Is there another ArmA map that uses the same system that I can try for debugging purposes?

http://www.teamspaff.co.uk/armadominationteleportproblem.wmv

Never had this problem either. Does this happen when you died and want to rejoin your comrades and do you wait until the teleport screen shows up and then select the different respawn choices or do you prompt it by selecting it first?

Excellent mission !

One question: after clearing a city, can you miss the objective if you die too much/are wiped during the counter attack ?

Yesterday, I manage to get the teleport flag in a city (so after clearing and being able to kill the counter attack after numerous respawn smile_o.gif ) but the objective was not completed.

What I've done wrong ?

Thx,

Never had this problem either. Does this happen when you died and want to rejoin your comrades and do you wait until the teleport screen shows up and then select the different respawn choices or do you prompt it by selecting it first?

I'm not quite sure what you are asking?

I approach the flag pole at the Paraiso Airfield, the teleport symbol comes up, I press enter and the teleport screen comes up, but instantly, the screen scrolls over to respawn 1 and takes me there. It's all in the video I posted earlier.

TankbusterSPAFF,

Sorry I should have been more clear, muscle relaxers make you foggy.

I watched the video and I'm at a loss as to why this occurs. I know that when I die I teleport back to base, and without selecting teleport option, the dialog screen comes up for me after about 5-7 secs and then lets me choose where I want to respawn.

Try starting the mission yourself, enable lan not internet setting and walk to the pole and select teleport. Will it let you select where you want to respawn or does it automatically send you to the respawn1?

Try it.