Sign in to follow this  
Taco

Queen's Gambit goes gold!!!

Quote[/b] ]

New weapons:

* Grenadelauncher: 6G30

* Rifles: M16A4*, M16A4 ACOG*, M16A4 GL*, M16A4 ACOG GL*, AK74 PSO1*

* Sniper Rifles: M107*, KSVK*

Hmmm, quite a nice video. Even made me want to actually play QG wink_o.gif The cutscenes look well done and the story seems complex. Good news, overall !

Malick

anything with * already is in patch 1.08 for arma

so the only new weapon is the grenade launcher.......

the merceneries use different weapons, going to list them later smile_o.gif

i hope those dates are right cause I seen a date early this morning says February 2008 for US I hope that date i seen was wrong confused_o.gif

Hey I'd really appreciate it if you could show any new building models (if there are any). smile_o.gif

If someone has learned his lessons he won't buy the addon until V. 1.09

It looks like there are some new animations in it too (or am I

hallucinating again?).

If I ever get this, "Willie Nelson" in the red bandanna is soooo

getting fragged! tounge2.gif

now mang that at all helpful and i think you should post that it in Trouble Shooting smile_o.gif

Does QUeen Gambit have its own serial or is like gold and requires the original CDKEY from Arma when installing

I don't really care for the addons sale date until a 1.09 Patch...It always gives me the feeling of playing something unfinished when a follow on update is allready announced.

Customer Service Department

Amazon.co.uk

Quote[/b] ]

Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we

need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date:

"ArmA: Queens Gambit (PC)" [Video Game]

Estimated arrival date: 29/09/07 - 01/10/07

We are sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

Hmmm, quite a nice video. Even made me want to actually play QG wink_o.gif The cutscenes look well done and the story seems complex. Good news, overall !

Well, I have to say I wasn't that impressed. The voice acting's ok, but if you look at the spec ops briefing part it's just camera pans of scenery with still graphics laid on top and the mercenery video simply shows a helicopter from different angles.

Now, I know it's a bit early to start judging things, but I just wanted to say it really still doesn't match the quality of cut scenes in BI's previous products (OFP, RH, Resistance).

Hopefully there's a lot more to be seen further in the game..

EDIT: There's a new teaser trailer at http://www.armaholic.com/index.php?m=single&id=2123 and I have to say that 00:57-00:54 looks damn amazing! That guy flying out from an exploding mosk (or something) is just yay.gif

Why dont you play it and check the scenes yourself before you compare them to OFP?

Btw, the QG Addon wasnt made directly by BIS.

Why dont you play it and check the scenes yourself before you compare them to OFP?

There's not much playing in cut scenes, is there? I think they will look equal on my screen as on that vid.

Quote[/b] ]Btw, the QG Addon wasnt made directly by BIS.

IMO, Red Hammer was neither made by BIS, but my point being they're all BIS products.

This was, after all, my equally justified reaction to the posts expressing that based on that video QG brings Arma back to the level of OFP in cut scenes. I simply didn't get that expression after watching it.

There's a new teaser trailer at http://www.armaholic.com/index.php?m=single&id=2123 and I have to say that 00:57-00:54 looks damn amazing! That guy flying out from an exploding mosk (or something) is just yay.gif

Nice video, but is it just me who thinks the majority of the units are actually player controlled. The AI in ArmA just wouldnt be able to do some of the scenes in that video.

From my experiances with editing in ArmA the Ai is dumer than in that vid.

There's a new teaser trailer at http://www.armaholic.com/index.php?m=single&id=2123 and I have to say that 00:57-00:54 looks damn amazing! That guy flying out from an exploding mosk (or something) is just yay.gif

Nice video, but is it just me who thinks the majority of the units are actually player controlled. The AI in ArmA just wouldnt be able to do some of the scenes in that video.

From my experiances with editing in ArmA the Ai is dumer than in that vid.

I didnt see any real AI behaviour, it was just a scripted cutscene? huh.gif

This was, after all, my equally justified reaction to the posts expressing that based on that video QG brings Arma back to the level of OFP in cut scenes. I simply didn't get that expression after watching it.

I think you havent played OPF in a while, 1985 campaign's camera work was quite simple, i dont remember seeing an atached camera in any of its cuts, first time i saw that was in RH campaign and despite some neat tricks i still didnt like RH all that much.

I am still waiting for my QG copy to arrive but from that video the cuts seem well done.

Anyone tested a German version of ArmA with 505 Games QG? Hope that it works  whistle.gif

I just went and grabbed a copy this morning from 'Game' in the UK. (did pre order from 'Play.com' but they now tell me waiting for stock! banghead.gif )

I have the German DVD retail version of Arma, and its seems to be working ok with that so far.