Sign in to follow this  
Taco

Queen's Gambit goes gold!!!

Those guys credible? I haven't seen it on other news sites. But I'm sure its safe to assume that 14 days prior to retail distribution it's being made.

I guess this is "news".

edit: Hi Taco, welcome to the bi-forums biggrin_o.gif

In the absence of good things to say a man is wise by saying nothing.

On the other hand, saying that you will not say something bad in the absence of saying something good, says something.

rofl.gif

"Final patch 1.08" huh.gif?huh.gif Does that mean that there will be NO new patch ever?huh.gif?huh.gif?

I think that means the latest 1.08 version, with the hotfixed .exe.

(It has to be, 1.09 is already announced wink_o.gif )

There will be trunkz, there will be...

O good. I still don't understand why it says Final on it tho. The game hasn't even been out for a year and it would be sad if they just left the game thinking it's fine and just moved to ArmA2 ...

O good. I still don't understand why it says Final on it tho. The game hasn't even been out for a year and it would be sad if they just left the game thinking it's fine and just moved to ArmA2 ...

agreed...

I love ArmA, even Imo alot of things need fixing.. confused_o.gif

I just have to see how OFP 2 and ArmA 2 turn out..

whistle.gif

It's meant in a way that it's not beta anymore.

Mine is preordered since last week.

After the ArmA campaign this can only be better and even if not the 15 euros wont kill me... at least it helps develop ArmA2.

quess this

says it all about arma:s future....

ontopic: great, we all new that QC is coming out by the end of this month....

What does "goes gold" mean?

We getting golden disks? We might as well, fourteen quid for a pair of maps and a campaing is a rip off, I can buy WiC or something better for that amount.

Let me know where i can get WiC for 15 Euros cause i want to order a few.

I dunno if the gold thing was just sarcastic but afaik it means the game is ready and went tot he company that produces the game disks.

It sure would be nice if BIS would say something about a US release. If they have no info regarding a US release it would be nice if they could let us know if the Euro version will work properly with USv1.08.

If BIS has commented on this issue, can someone show me where to look? I've searched but I can't find a thing regarding US compatibility.

We getting golden disks? We might as well, fourteen quid for a pair of maps and a campaing is a rip off, I can buy WiC or something better for that amount.

I believe you are free to make the choice to buy or not smile_o.gif

"Going gold" means the game/extension is finalised in it's to-be-published state. The state you will get it if you buy it smile_o.gif

I believe you are free to make the choice to buy or not smile_o.gif

"Going gold" means the game/extension is finalised in it's to-be-published state. The state you will get it if you buy it smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Term used in software development; a piece of software has been released to manufacturing (frequently abbreviated RTM) when its code base is deemed complete, typically after a beta test. A copy of the program is created and sent out for duplication and then distributed to original equipment manufacturers or retailers for public consumption. In the past, the medium used to transport the software was often a gold compact disc, hence the term.

Basically the master copy has shipped to the manufacturing plant that prints the many CDs they plan to sell (in a process very different from the kind of CD burning you do at home).

I would also like to know when it is available for US customers also.

I hope they consider the fact that I am US but purchased German download version.Hope its compatible.

I am still hoping to see ArmA + QG on Steam so we not need again wait those extra months to get our version of it.

I'm actually not sure if i really want to pay again for this game ...

Had to pay 42€ for my german version to be a beta-tester for the english release and after that, they lowered the price to 27€ ... but i would accept Queen's Gambit as a present to balance this icon_rolleyes.gif