Sign in to follow this  
telejunky

ArmA 2

Still you know it means something the name's fine and apt. A name doesn't make a game crap.

Porto may be tiny in comparison to Sara, but I would rather have an exquisitely detailed small new island to play with than just some more simple missions.

Woooooot man ArmA 2 is looking like the good old OFP i just love thouse yellow autumn trees! inlove.gif

Well i'm pretty sure BIS again will do a good job with ArmA 2 who need ArmA 1 it never was what the community expected and it never will be.

So lets look forward to ArmA 2 smile_o.gif

Man i just hope the scripts, mod's, configs will still work in ArmA 2 else me and a lot of other guy's spend a lot of time for nothing!!! crazy_o.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

Hmm, I still think that setting is too repetitive, is no one tired of just woodlands and unrealistically small cities?

Beats the endless amount of desert we've had to trapse through in all the other modern shooters.

I for one am looking forward to battling it out on some more European looking terrain.

who cares if its woodland or desert! Look at those nice big forests! This really awakes the graphics junkie in me tounge2.gif im thinking group link script inside those forests, like i had in some custom islands for ofp res smile_o.gif now to duck behind tree's and shoot and run off and hide and the shoot your self free again biggrin_o.gif

Hmm, I still think that setting is too repetitive, is no one tired of just woodlands and unrealistically small cities?

Beats the endless amount of desert we've had to trapse through in all the other modern shooters.

I for one am looking forward to battling it out on some more European looking terrain.

Agreed. I would much rather fight in Eastern Europe than in a desert. Although both in a realistic fashion (two seperate maps) would be cool too, especially if the eastern europe one has seasons.

The woodland is fine, and so is Eastern Europe... but BIS really needs to do better on the urban areas. That have been extreamly dissapointing since OFP.

Why dont they give us VBS-styled cities?, large and realistic, stop with the mindset of "we have to design this city in a cool and practical way, we need cover everywhere and to pack everything a city has in a space as big as an ordinary shopping mall parking lot so ppl dont get lost"

I think that graphics are ok.I want more and better animations,destructive enviroment and more more more units and vehicles like T-55,T-72,T-80,T-90,M1A1,M60,Bradley,f-16,f-22,TOR-M1,BMP3,BMP2,BMP,Shilka,Shilka2,M113 i cant think anything else at the moment. confused_o.gif

Why dont they give us VBS-styled cities?, large and realistic, stop with the mindset of "we have to design this city in a cool and practical way, we need cover everywhere and to pack everything a city has in a space as big as an ordinary shopping mall parking lot so ppl dont get lost"

They'd need to improve the AI's pathfinding abilities first.

Probably because a "VBS-styled city" is so vast that you'd never be able to fill it with enough AI to make it convincing/fun?

Bigger is not better in this regard. I enjoy playing in the ArmA-sized cities much more than in As Samawah or the Green Zone in VBS2. That's not theory, either - it's based on actually having played in them.

"Churners"? Sounds strange. Why don't leave it as it is - Belarus, uh, sorry, Chernorus.

Probably because a "VBS-styled city" is so vast that you'd never be able to fill it with enough AI to make it convincing/fun?

Bigger is not better in this regard. I enjoy playing in the ArmA-sized cities much more than in As Samawah or the Green Zone in VBS2. That's not theory, either - it's based on actually having played in them.

But in ARMA they didn't even fill those with enough AI

It would be great learn what particular boundaries the ARMA2 developers/designers would like to push or introduce for this new game.

Whether it's pushing for better gameplay and refining the realism model or even graphical or physical improvments that they previously would have been unable to introduce.

I certainly wouldn't hold the developers to anything said now, but it would be interesting in understand the direction and level they wish to take ARMA2 to, whilst learning what barriers need to be overcome before they can achieve it.

That's because the AI in arma is inherently flawed, I actually prefer graw 2's tighter and more linear structure when it comes to gameplay, I'm having more fun that way, and that comes from someone who enjoys REAL simulators such as Falcon 4.0 etc.

Why not have cities as big as in VBS2 and then generate "beehives" of enemies?

IRL enemies wouldn't be evenly spread they would have reasons to bundle up in specific locations, either for attack or for regroup/command,

GAME2 - R.I.P. goodnight.gifhuh.gif

the biggest game2 gallery:

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=25602

this old soldier model would have been great for the germans of ww2. or they could gave it to the ofp players. whistle.gif

this is sad to see all that job lost. sad_o.gif

Lost? Not at all, infact those old soldier models are actually, minus heads, the models from OFP:E

this old soldier model would have been great for the germans of ww2. or they could gave it to the ofp players. whistle.gif

Lost? Not at all, infact those old soldier models are actually, minus heads, the models from OFP:E

they have done a great job since those old models.

i also believe BIS will improve the current models for better.

They said highly detailed models etc..

i believe in big improvement from the current models wink_o.gif

All I hope for currently is a nice single-player experience, interruptible animations and improved physics that seemed to be missing in ArmA. Afterall ArmA 2 is game 2 smile_o.gif

they have done a great job since those old models.

i also believe BIS will improve the current models for better.

They said highly detailed models etc..

i believe in big improvement from the current models wink_o.gif

Whats wrong with them currently? They look great as far as detail goes, not to mention the soldier model is around 8,800 faces, standard US rifle infantry with no weapon is 8,829, and I'm not even seeing the modelled kneepads on this one.

Afterall ArmA 2 is game 2 smile_o.gif

Thats a huge factor I really hope has not been lost on the devs... especially when the other nick name they used was "Next Generation PC Game". Becuase as of right now, the WIP shots we have shows characters from ArmA, buildings from OFP, and it would seem some things added from VBS2. Nothing about that is "next gen"... Of course it is only WIP, and its really possible for ArmA2 to have anything.

They look great as far as detail goes, not to mention the soldier model is around 8,800 faces, standard US rifle infantry with no weapon is 8,829, and I'm not even seeing the modelled kneepads on this one.

I know this is slightly off topic, but have you noticed (or am i going mad) that the soldiers in ArmA have random elements to them? I mean rolled up sleeves. Two, one or no knee pads. Goggles, Camel back or no backpack...what governs those elements and can you force a model to have them all?

Anyway, back on topic: I'm a little miffed that I've only just managed to scrape together enough cash to buy a PC barely capable of playing ArmA, and now i have to save up again for a better one. No doubt ArmA2 have greater minimum spec requirements, right?

I know i knew Game2 was coming out, but after the long delays in ArmA, i though i'd get a few years out of it first before upgrading again.