Sign in to follow this  
telejunky

ArmA 2

http://armed-assault.de/screenshots/4_0_4405.jpg

http://armed-assault.de/screenshots/5_0_4406.jpg I'm kinda confused if I'm looking at a computer image or reality here to be honest, but thats a good thing.

The scenery is awesome, that's right thumbs-up.gif When I first looked at these pics a thought I can see a stream in it, but hell it was just a road biggrin_o.gif

http://armed-assault.de/screenshots/5_0_4406.jpg I'm kinda confused if I'm looking at a computer image or reality here to be honest, but thats a good thing.

The scenery is awesome, that's right thumbs-up.gif When I first looked at these pics a thought I can see a stream in it, but hell it was just a road biggrin_o.gif

Yeah, I thought that too, but ya never know.

I'm pretty certain that your right and that is scenery ingame

http://www.armedassault.com/pic_arma2/ArmA2Int_HINDS.jpg

Its pretty amazing how a bit of different colored tree's really bring some extra life to the image.

http://armed-assault.de/screenshots/5_0_4406.jpg

This image could also support my theory of outdated images, either that or the terrain slopes where the hind is, the viewdistance change is obvious..I'm also curious as to why the tested computer is using a core2duo, unless they use the same computer for various games.

Meh, I don't mind em using the same model or texture for the M4, I can't see how it could get much better without something else like improved lighting effects (which Arm2 seems to have anyway smile_o.gif ). Besides maybe its just a placeholder. wink_o.gif

Would be cool to see diff textures for the arms though.

So Game2 turned into Arma2? I would say that ArmA2 is a bad name for the Game2 we were waiting. Didn't like it at all!

Hope this time BIS learns from their mistakes with ArmA and create a game like OFP. For me ArmA is not a OFP sucessor. It's a new game based on the same engine but with a lot of bugs and flaws that make you not enjoy it. Also, the feeling is not the same. OFP was great, the atmosphere was great. Arma has nothing that OFP already had. We see no improvements. But since OFP 2 (by codies) is also in development and planned for next year, BIS rushed to release info about Game2, else every OFP fan would certainly move to the Codemasters title. I myself will wait and see. From what I saw in Arma, I am not confident on Arma2. But I could be wrong. Only time will say!

My point exactly.

It looks nothing the same.

Im praying that feature hasnt went out the window goodnight.gif

But i like ofpforums idea, that the rest of them have nothing to do. It makes sense. But doesnt that mean that the programmers have to work on ArmA 2 instead of arma 1 like the rest of the team ??

Thank god it looks nothing the same! The old Game2 screenshots were awful! Downright awful!

Yes well this was a WIP remember that.

I wont mind aslong as it plays like Arma or even better OFP ( NetWalker hit that SPOT ON ) and if it still has some of the features like talking to AI still available>

Though i dont really see it as next generation to tell the truth.

Hopefully well see more screenshots and maybe a teaser video or something to satisfy the Communitys hungry and ( so far ) devouring needs.

It could be a horrible translation, but I believe this says the physics will not be improved? Thats going to hurt the game alot if thats true... I would think its safe to say the most wanted feature of "Game2" was probly the dynamic destruction. Guess we just have to wait and see.

I never saw them. But from that .....

Well what have they done THAT WE CAN SEE ( before some complains about it being to early )

A new island smile_o.gif

Differnt Background or loading screen confused_o.gif

Different colours on editor confused_o.gif

No Graphical Improvements and the exact same US aimpoint confused_o.gif

P.S

Is there a translation of that in english available ?

I never saw them. But from that .....

Well what have they done THAT WE CAN SEE ( before some complains about it being to early )

A new island  smile_o.gif

Differnt Background or loading screen  confused_o.gif

Different colours on editor confused_o.gif

No Graphical Improvements and the exact same US aimpoint  confused_o.gif

P.S

Head on over to Freetranslations.com and run it threw there.... not that great, but you can get the jist of it.

xnodunitx translated all important info from that

It could be a horrible translation, but I believe this says the physics will not be improved? Thats going to hurt the game alot if thats true... I would think its safe to say the most wanted feature of "Game2" was probly the dynamic destruction. Guess we just have to wait and see.

No it says that the physics will be also improved, but people just can't expect a physics level which is in today's first person shooters due to the number of objects in the game.

No it says that the physics will be also improved, but people just can't expect a physics level which is in today's first person shooters due to the number of objects in the game.

Ah ok.... horrible translation by me. Theres still hope smile_o.gif

The one thing I don't like about what I saw in the ARMA 2 site, is the former soviet republic issue. I mean it's 3 games (OFP,ARMA,ARMAII) with US vs Russian equipment/tactics.

How about fighting in the mid-east involving the Israeli-Arab conflict, an invasion of Taiwan, an operation in Africa/Darfur and so on. Or at least fantasy conflict based on one of those issues.

My feeling is that BIS is just stretching the cold war issue, story wise.

The one thing I don't like about what I saw in the ARMA 2 site, is the former soviet republic issue. I mean it's 3 games (OFP,ARMA,ARMAII) with US vs Russian equipment/tactics.

How about fighting in the mid-east involving the Israeli-Arab conflict, an invasion of Taiwan, an operation in Africa/Darfur and so on. Or at least fantasy conflict based on one of those issues.

My feeling is that BIS is just stretching the cold war issue, story wise.

All conflicts you mentioned would contain Russian (Soviet) equipment or tactics.

All conflicts you mentioned would contain Russian (Soviet) equipment or tactics.

That's true, and besides that, BIS free themselves up a lot when talking about fictional Cold War US vs Russian wars.

Something like Darfur (or Kosovo, or even Iraq) entails much more in the way of counter-insurgency and peace-keeping operations, not straight up fighting of the style of OFP or ArmA. Would be a lot harder for BIS to implement, whereas fictional Falklands style conflicts where military strategy and might wins out is a lot more straightforward to implement.

The likes of the Israel/Palestine (or Israel/Hezbollah), Taiwan, Darfur etc, will only be partly solved by military means. There's good ground for games to cover in there but I don't see many (any?) developers rushing to do so. They're sticking with good old Red vs Blue conflict.

BIS are in the perfect place for an Eastern storyline/setting. They won't have to travel miles for research and although the Americans are in it again, it won't harm the gameplay smile_o.gif

I really don't want a Eastern European setting, just because thats what the devs are accustomed to, and we've already seen the picturesque setting for two games, we don't need another.

We need bigger urban environments, different types of settings like desert, artic or perhaps large cities, not just places that the devs are in love with...

The thing is that these are most of the conflicts that happen today. Warfare have changed since the 1980's. It is more counter insurgency and it needs to be shown in a game which pretends to be the ultimate modern/realistic war experience. And if you want conventional still, why not Taiwan?

Can't wait till they show us some up-to date shots of particle effects! I think it's safe to mention the older screens here, since lot's of things we see now are just placeholders.

people complain about this smoke:

arma2 wip

while this one was shown before arma1

old game2 shot

I like the new setting. It feels more alot more gritty, which is a nice change from Sahrini.

I see the pictures of Game2 and then i see the pictures of ARMA2 and i can say that there are many difference between them.The scenery,the models,the smokes,the animations all is different.I dont get it. help.gif

The thing is that these are most of the conflicts that happen today. Warfare have changed since the 1980's. It is more counter insurgency and it needs to be shown in a game which pretends to be the ultimate modern/realistic war experience. And if you want conventional still, why not Taiwan?

Yes, modern conflict is CI/4GW or whatever you want to call it, but modelling that in a combat simulator would be incredibly hard. CI forces have much more to do than direct action against insurgents - they're trying to win the hearts and minds of the populace.

You could make a game of only the direct action parts of CI, but even then can't realistically bring in many of the things people want - modern arms: thermobaric explosives etc. These are verboten in CI doctrine as they can be highly counterproductive. So people who want a 'CI' game would be short changed, as would people who want a 'full spectrum' combat game.

The best thing as game designers that BIS can do is what they are doing: fictional 3GW conflicts like in OFP. Taiwan may indeed work, but other modern examples don't fit so well.

Well if you dont mind some crazy game scared freaks on your ass complaining about it being in the middle east.

Think about it, if you picture a game where you play americans and your fighting in the middle east AGAINST ( Slaughter pistols.gif ) the Middle Eastern Inhabitents.

Russians are fine due to the fact that 1. its completely fictional and

the russians and americans never really fired ammunition are each other. Aswell as the cold war happend along time ago.

Then again, no one could give a sh!t. rofl.gif

Im just rambling on icon_rolleyes.gif

A Taiwan-China conflict involving the US would be interesting, too smile_o.gif

A Taiwan-China conflict involving the US would be interesting, too smile_o.gif

It would be great, or South Korea vs north Korea, the 2 countries still at war officially.

We could have the nuclear treat, etc etc.

Besides the US is already there at the border.