Sign in to follow this  
BloodOmen

ArmA Queens Gambit Packshot Winner ????

Quit pretending you forgot my name BloodOmen  tounge2.gif

Infram00se!

But yeah, to make this post not spam ( whistle.gif ) i cant actually believe thats the official choice. The whole thing was a farce.. Amazing packshots there and i never even gave that one a glance. If you saw that in a shop you'd laugh at it, its poor quality... a mate told me about the original 505 ArmA game box and said that "it doesnt show the immensity of the game at all" and yeah hes crap at english, he doesnt realise immensity is not a real word... but regardless, if the 505 original box lets you down, this will make you cry.

I'll remove the image from its box and tip-ex "ArmA 1.08" under the sleeve...

When it comes to ArmA, immensity IS a word. biggrin_o.gif

Im actually home tounge2.gif

So i got tht hi-res version. Showcase style rofl.gif

ArmA Packshot Showcase 2 - BloodOmen - Hi Res

The Anti-rip wasnt on the uploaded version smile_o.gif

Btw

Is that IC Tourny still good to sign up ?

Im getting a new motherboard on tuesday ( for the 2nd time in 3 months ) and if it works ill be back to ArmA. And im tempted to join the tourny pistols.gif

Quit pretending you forgot my name BloodOmen tounge2.gif

Infram00se!

But yeah, to make this post not spam ( whistle.gif ) i cant actually believe thats the official choice. The whole thing was a farce.. Amazing packshots there and i never even gave that one a glance. If you saw that in a shop you'd laugh at it, its poor quality... a mate told me about the original 505 ArmA game box and said that "it doesnt show the immensity of the game at all" and yeah hes crap at english, he doesnt realise immensity is not a real word... but regardless, if the 505 original box lets you down, this will make you cry.

I'll remove the image from its box and tip-ex "ArmA 1.08" under the sleeve...

Immensity is a real word: Dictionary definition.

As for the winning entry... bleh. Aside from the fact that it's been proven to be a rush job, and that there are entries which people must've spent ages on, it just doesn't look very good. It sort of looks like the original ArmA cover (which I personally didn't like at all, as it looked quite cheap). Perhaps it was chosen because of that?

It's a shame BIS and Codemasters went their separate ways, if only because the the Flashpoint and Resistance covers were fantastic. For me, the OFP cover really got across a sense of realism and starkness. The Res one was great because it was just a little twist on the original.

It's no big deal in the grand scheme of things I suppose, but given the quality of some of the entries, I think 505 really dropped a bollock on this one.

I would have chose either Javier Peinado's Red Army cover or Richards Grunte's Queen Gambit picture. Both look a thousand time better than the actual winner.

Im actually home tounge2.gif

So i got tht hi-res version. Showcase style rofl.gif

ArmA Packshot Showcase 2 - BloodOmen - Hi Res

The Anti-rip wasnt on the uploaded version smile_o.gif

Btw

Is that IC Tourny still good to sign up ?

Im getting a new motherboard on tuesday ( for the 2nd time in 3 months ) and if it works ill be back to ArmA. And im tempted to join the tourny pistols.gif

Awesome screenshot. I just wanted to see what the photo's where showing and what the text said is all smile_o.gif

And yes ... IC ArmA is still going ... infact where about to start our main campaign, so sign up today!

IC ArmA Homepage

xmas_o.gif

Just horrible. I may feel slightly embarrassed when purchasing my copy with such an ugly cover.

They really should have just picked one of the already professionally made covers designed for QB before the comp started. And I guess this is the quality we can expect to see with the expanion which really offers little more than the new islands and retextured units (which we already have from the talented community). Such a shame as I really love this sim and would really only want another patch to fix problems like the parabug, cheating, AI etc. Then after that new islands would be very welcome.

Maybe keep this for when Queen's Gambit end's up in the bargain bucket at your local game store, but put something neat on the front for when its brand new?

Do they realise people won't actually know what the game is like until they buy it and play it? huh.gif

Yes 505 Games, the box cover needs to grab the customers eye! It has no colour, nothing interesting on it what so ever. I have seen better box art on PS1 game covers.

It's nice you let the community get involved, but no need to mess things up on the final part? Thought this was quite interesting, and that the community was voting for the winner. From looking at these posts I can definitely see who has the greater taste in art.

I want to see the community grow, and this definitely isn't the way to go. Some of you may think i'm taking this a bit to far, and others may not but I have created a Petition. Maybe they might reconsider allowing everyone who tried to have a chance. Once enough signatures have been made I will send an email to 505 Games. Worth a try.

Link : http://www.gopetition.co.uk/online/13809.html

May I say well done to everyone who entered and put some effort into what they did themselves.

From among trully amazing pieces of work, they have chosen bunch of average, default photoshop effects combined with stolen, someone else's work (which, with all respect to Dslyecxi, wasn't good enough for making shots of it).

I don't want my favourite game to be advertied that way huh.gif The BIS one isn't perfect, there are better ones among those which took part in that competition imo. Anyway, wouldn't it be better if we (the community) decided which one to chose? confused_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Signed. Thanks, and I hope they'll reconsider their choice.

welcome.gif

[/img]http://www.armaqueensgambit.com/images/8ca484c02a5b47aa1c2bf419f229edf2.jpg[/img]

My entry, got half way through this post when i saw the real winner and not that shitty single screenshot.

Not bad and it suits ArmA. I never remember seeing it in the comp. Can anyone provide details on who won ??

Ive checked the gallery 3 times and i cant see that anywhere .....

Im probely blind yay.gif or did the comp just take a flying f**k out the window ??

No one has acutally said what this guys name is, just the " winner " huh.gif

They wouldnt make us spend time making that, then make one themselves .... would they ... . !? !? !? crazy_o.gif

Wow that looks awesome. That'd be way better than that single shot lol.

THat's looks completely pro Blood Omen

welcome.gif

[/img]http://www.armaqueensgambit.com/images/8ca484c02a5b47aa1c2bf419f229edf2.jpg[/img]

My entry, got half way through this post when i saw the real winner and not that shitty single screenshot.

Not bad and it suits ArmA. I never remember seeing it in the comp. Can anyone provide details on who won ??

Ive checked the gallery 3 times and i cant see that anywhere .....

Im probely blind yay.gif or did the comp just take a flying f**k out the window ??

No one has acutally said what this guys name is, just the " winner " huh.gif

They wouldnt make us spend time making that, then make one themselves .... would they ... . !? !? !? crazy_o.gif

Wow that looks awesome. That'd be way better than that single shot lol.

THat's looks completely pro Blood Omen

Thanks man tounge2.gif

Much appreciated wink_o.gif

ArmaVidz , BloodOmen please don't quote images.

when people learn that noone bother about petitions on internet ...

use google, get several million results smile_o.gif

People hold the power.

I bet theyed change it if we all came to the studio nener.gif

Whos up for a trip to czech ?

Anyone ? Anyone ? yay.gif

It might make a difference. It's not like a featuere in ArmA is going to be changed, and lots of effort will be lost. Its a simple rethink of an image.