Sign in to follow this  
Kevlar2007

ArmA Rated one of the HARDEST GAMES OF ALL TIME

...and Captain Comic tounge2.gif

Yay! Captain comic! The first video game I ever played

(knackered the space bar on my crappo 240K 8MHz

Amstrad  playing him, I did)!

Fc was hard and AVP was really hard too, i actually played in lan last year i think, very fun game! smile_o.gif

I guess it depends on what difficulty setting you play the games. Far Cry on highest setting is a tough nut to crack. Still the list is odd for me.

Where is "Cabal" ? biggrin_o.gif

and

"Mission Apocalypse"

and finally

"Quest for tires"

I didn´t finish any of them. With cabal my money always ran out, with Mission Apocalypse I actually broke my Quickshot II and Quest for tires simply was not beatable imo.

Still these games may mean little for the average forum user here. I get antique. Last holidays I had my PDA with my running the PDA versions of all Lucas arts adventures biggrin_o.gif

goodnight.gif

Aliens vs. Predator...

First time that facehugger got me (because I didn't see it as it was behind an object as I walked by)...

[WHACK][OW!][uhhrhrrrrrggggh].

My leg jerked upwards and smacked on the desk, hard, on my shin. Was doubled over in pain for a while there.

That never happened to me before, and never since... but it got me good then.

That list is a joke, not even one metal slug or contra title there.

omg Super Mario Bros wow_o.gif That is a damn hard game which I haven't finished in 16 years! Was the first game I ever played too.. Also consider I didn't have it for most of that time. But now I have a Wii and got it onto my virtual console and still can't beat the damn thing confused_o.gif I've played FC on realistic no probs and most games to have hit the shelves including those 'hardcore' ones on the list, but Mario bros...I kneel to that tough bastard. notworthy.gif

Someone add Simpsons - Barts Nightmare ( SNES ) to the list as it was so badly balanced that i never fully finnished the game.

I case anyone knows it "Indiana Bart and the Temple of Maggy" is all i need to say i guess

Guys, many of you seemed to have missed the point that its a list of the 10 hardest PC games, not from all platforms. That is why none of the console games you've suggested are on there.

Quote[/b] ]LOL none of these games are very hard really. The masterpiece; Jurassic Park 2: The Chaos Continues (SNES) should have been number 1

Cool some one else played that game besides me smile_o.gif I owned it and still never beat it. That game was like Contra on steroids I loved it. I did manage to make to the last mission once.

Barts Nightmare was hard as heck as well. I barely remember that one but I can only remember beating the level where your floating throug ha blood stream or something and all these nuclear atoms keep shouting "hello there!"

Cabal ate all my money as well Baslchoiw.

For me the hardest most expensive game of all time was Terminator 2 the arcade game. I probably put enough quarters in that machine to have put my self and all my great grandchildren through college.

However I suppose this list is supposed to be hardest PC games.

As for AVP. I don't get what the big deal was, it never frightened me. As a matter of fact I didn't realize it was even supposed to be scary and until all these years later and I read people all the time refering to it as the scariest game of all time and their reactions to it.

To you it might have not been scary, but to a 10 year old me, who watched the movie Aliens and Alien with a four year older brother who made sure I was afraid of it all, it was scary as shit. The game expirence was scary with the dark atmosphere and the whole motion sensor, at the time. I played it again a month or so ago, it wasn't really scary, but it had the nice movie atmosphere and it was fun to shoot aliens.

The only game that spooked me recently was ArmA when I was reloading. An AI machinegunner snuck up behind me just as I was reloading, in the middle of it I suddenly hear smack-smack-smack as a short burst flew right over me(the AI was on a small hill 20 m behind me and about 5 above me, I was next to a building wall) it was that fatal error that caused that AI to lose his life, because I just turned around and shot him as he shot his first bullet which hit me in the legs.

Such features makes missions spooky, not hard.

And this 'hardest' vary from player to player, anyone has his own 'list' (for instance Gothic 2 NotR IMHO is harder from some games on that list) so, boooooring.

Well looking back I will admit I jumped the first time a face hugger got me.

lol u must have nerves of steel..or i a big pussy tounge2.giftounge2.gif

fear,doom3,farcry,AVP I ditched them all after they got scary.

(dont even want to try crysis or stalker)

plz release games that dont scare the crap out of u welcome.gifwelcome.gifwelcome.gif

fear,doom3,farcry,AVP I ditched them all after they got scary.

(dont even want to try crysis or stalker)

lol, i had to force myself to play FEAR .. simply hated that little girl, made me jump quite a few times.

After some time it became enjoyable though biggrin_o.gif

For the record of hardest games:

Pitfall (C64) crazy_o.gif

Giana Sisters (C64) crazy_o.gif

Ghouls´n´Goblins (C64) crazy_o.gif

edit: Probotector (Genesis / Mega Drive) - bad memories...

i have a list in my mind of very hard SNES and pc games, but dont remember they're names sad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gif

well steel panthers modern combat was very hard, but an excellent game inlove.gifinlove.gif

Doom3? Oh come on! That got so boring after the first five spooks. So predictable after the first three zombies jumped out of the same larger-than-the-rest closet.

Doom3? Oh come on! That got so boring after the first five spooks. So predictable after the first three zombies jumped out of the same larger-than-the-rest closet.

well i quit after the first burning head appeared...

I case anyone knows it "Indiana Bart and the Temple of Maggy" is all i need to say i guess

That is so wrong its not even funny.. biggrin_o.gif

Anyway, anyone ever *completely* finished Tyrian?

The first few episodes werent very hard, but in the end you had to fight yourself a way trough moving eyes, noses, ears etc. All nearly impossible to destroy with the strongest weapons.. Aaaah the memories. biggrin_o.gif

I also replayed Raptor a while ago, me and my cousin were shocked to find out that we couldnt get past the 5th level anymore, even though we thought that game was easy as hell when we played it as kids. tounge2.gif

I reckon Mafia should be on the list simply because of the racing mission where you had to take a car that'd basically explode at the slightest knock to the track in a daft time limit through mid-town traffic, then win a race in it (assuming it was still in good enough shape to run). God only knows how many attempts it took me to do that.

I remember that there were savegames available for download that took you past that mission just so people could complete the game. I still managed to complete it myself though.

Eventually Illusion even patched the game to make that mission easier.

Rest of the game wasn't too hard though after you learned to handle a shootout properly, and it still ranks as one of the best games I've played.

For me oldskool games were harder...

- BMX simulator by Codemasters(C64) The 7th track was impossible to win.

- Armourgeddon (Amiga). You need a lifetime to complete it.

- Rorke's drift (C64) Turnbased strategy game (200 British against more then 40.000 Zulu's)

- Wings! (Amiga) Try to survive the war with only one character. I had a 1 hour battle against the son of the red baron.

- All those textbased adventures on C64 were very hard.

- Wing commander was pretty hard too.

lol

you re stirring up some old memorys there blanco

- BMX simulator by Codemasters(C64)

The 7th track was impossible to win.

- Rorke's drift (C64) Turnbased strategy game

(200 British against more then 40.000 Zulu's)

agreed both points

biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]- Wings! (Amiga) Try to survive the war with only one character. I had a 1 hour battle against the son of the red baron.

Been there, done that wink_o.gif

Loved that game..

Always hoped that some small game studio would be kind enough to bring it to the 21st century, without losing the original feel of course....

Where's "Trespasser"?

The whole 'limp arm' thing and the hyper physics made that quite the difficult game! biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Been there, done that wink_o.gif

Congratulations. I did it with 2 characters, the first pilot died early in the war, the second pilot survived the rest of the war. He had approx 350 kills and ditched about 25 times.

Stirring up some memories huh?

http://www.lemonamiga.com/?mainur....%3D1133