Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

1.08 Troubleshooting thread.

I patched my game with the new  1.08, and the movement to aim the gun is heavy, its like there is slight delay to it, which in 1.07 there was none.  and any mission i make or play the soldiers have no weapons, except the mgs, everyone else has handguns, and grenades.

They have there guns but they dont show, everything else in the game seems good, i still like ofp better than this, more versatility simple movement, you try to make a better game, and all they give you is great graphics, they should have left the movement , and aiming alone, quit fixing what dont need to be fixed!

My computer runs this game smooth other than metioned above.

I'm reverrting back to 1.07, and then im going to go play some OFP, at least they didn't screw that game up!

Well, definite FPS loss for me. Or at least, ArmA now pushes even more my system to its limit.

I get symptoms that remind me of 1.02, ie my HDD is working way more, and as soon as my CPU is a bit under stress (mainly managing AI and scripts), I get a heavy FPS loss in dense environnement.

Not counting that I had to get down in settings (view distance from 5km to 3km) compared to 1.07b.

I noticed this, too. On 1.06, the game was running smooth, but not it definitely feels sluggish, on the same graphics settings. My computer is running a lot more louder, so the fans have to kick in a lot more, meaning that the processor/video card is running a lot more, to generate ghe same visual output. (I haven't seen any graphical improvements in 1.08 as compared to 1.06.)

Tested with the maxmem parameter. The game seemed to run better for a while. After a while, it started freezing and eventually just froze completely, playing the sound of my character breathing. I left it for several minutes, that didn't do any good. Only way I could get out of it was by doing a reset. Guess maxmem didn't help.

Specs:

WinXP Home

AMD Athlon64 X2 3800

1Gig DDR400 RAM

Geforce 7800GT 256MB

94.24 Forceware (tried some others)

X-Fi ExtremeMusic sound card.

I had texture detail on 'Normal'.

This sucks sad_o.gif

I fixed my own problem, in case anyone is interested.

The problem was those 94.24 drivers from Nvidia. I just downloaded and installed 160.03 drivers from Guru3D here, and now ArmA runs fine.

I would have thought the official drivers on the Nvidia site would work properly, but it seems as though you need to actually search the net to find a good set confused_o.gif

@Julian: You already posted that here, and I answered you. You only need to post something once. whistle.gif

Can anyone identify a FAST mirror for the 1.08 patch? All these mirrors give me a max of 47 kb!!! Most are defaulting to about 14-20 kb.

Northern US/Pacific Coast.

this patch has made my game run smoother but also made it crash constantly with "arma has encountered a problem and needs to close" message.

this happens on all graphics levels and my computer is brand new.

i cannot play the game now.

Us Version Patched 1.08. Game seemed to run smoother, but, as before, froze when I tried to save. Many times it just freezes when I hit 'Esc' to bring up menu. Oh well.

Vista 32bit

Nvidia 7900 GS

2 GB Ram

core 2 duo

Us Version Patched 1.08. Game seemed to run smoother, but, as before, froze when I tried to save. Many times it just freezes when I hit 'Esc' to bring up menu. Oh well.

Vista 32bit

Nvidia 7900 GS

2 GB Ram

core 2 duo

Core 2 Duo overclocked? If so, try setting it back to normal.

Can anyone identify a FAST mirror for the 1.08 patch? All these mirrors give me a max of 47 kb!!! Most are defaulting to about 14-20 kb.

Northern US/Pacific Coast.

i always use www.gamershell.com or the exelent Swedish site www.fz.se

Loading around 500+ kb

this patch has made my game run smoother but also made it crash constantly with "arma has encountered a problem and needs to close" message.

this happens on all graphics levels and my computer is brand new.

i cannot play the game now.

Check my previous post, this is the same problem I was having. Also use the -maxmem=512 parameter.

i try and launch and all i get is a box and then no response, ive had no problems with any patches for arma or ofp .

my rpt error is as follows

=================

== C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.Locked

=====================================================================

Exe version: Tue Jun 12 18:35:03 2007

graphics: D3D9, Device: RADEON X850 Series, Driver:ati2dvag.dll 6.14.10.6698

resolution: 1024x768x32

Addons:

Desert in Ca\Desert\, CAIntroAnims in ca\introanims\, CASounds in ca\sounds\

CAweapons3_m107 in ca\weapons3\m107\

CAweapons3_m16a4_acg in ca\weapons3\m16a4_acg\, CAWheeled in CA\wheeled\

CARoads in CA\roads\, CAWheeled3_TT650 in ca\wheeled3\tt650\, CAAir in ca\air\

CA_Anims in ca\anims\, CAAnimals in CA\animals\, CAUI in ca\ui\

CAWeapons in ca\weapons\, CAweapons3_m16a4 in ca\weapons3\m16a4\

CAWeapons3_ammocrates in ca\weapons3\ammocrates\, CAAir3_Su34 in ca\air3\su34\

CACharacters in ca\characters\, CASigns in CA\signs\, CAFonts in ca\uifonts\

CAweapons3_m16a4_gl in ca\weapons3\m16a4_gl\, CAWeapons3 in ca\weapons3\

CAWheeled3_M1030 in ca\wheeled3\m1030\, CAAir3 in ca\air3\, CAMisc in ca\misc\

CAPlants in ca\plants\, CAVoice in ca\voice\, CAData in ca\

CALanguage in ca\language\, CAWater in ca\water\

CAweapons3_aks74pso in ca\weapons3\aks74pso\

CA_Anims_Char in ca\anims\characters\, CATracked in ca\tracked\

CAweapons3_ksvk in ca\weapons3\ksvk\, Sara in ca\sara\, CAWheeled3 in ca\wheeled3\

CABuildings in CA\buildings\, CARocks in Ca\Rocks\

CAweapons3_m16a4_acg_gl in ca\weapons3\m16a4_acg_gl\

Mods: CA

Distribution: 1295

Error: Bone slot_backpack doesn't exist in some skeleton

Error: Bone slot_backwpnl doesn't exist in some skeleton

Error: Bone slot_backwpnr doesn't exist in some skeleton

Error: Bone slot_buttpack doesn't exist in some skeleton

Error: Bone slot_patrolwpn doesn't exist in some skeleton

w:\c\Poseidon\lib\d3d9\engdd9.cpp(4775) : Unable to create vertex buffer - Reset needed

All my weapons have disappeared since loading this patch?

Where are they how do I get them back?

Lots of soldiers running around with no wepaons? mad_o.gif

All my weapons have disappeared since loading this patch?

Where are they how do I get them back?

Lots of soldiers running around with no wepaons? mad_o.gif

It is because one of your addons don't apply for 1.08 and is causing this bug.

Remove all custom addons and see if it works. To identify the "broken" addons, you add them one by one, start the game, see if it still working, add a new one, etc..

Still occasionally getting the 8007000 error, what are the known causes/fixes for this? Happens when ever something big happens, like I run at some trees under fire, or I try and alt-tab back into game.

Specs:

AMD Athlon 64 3800+ ~2.4GHz

GeForce 7900 GS 512MB

2GB RAM

A lot of file shave appeared in my Addons folder with ".pbo.bi.bisign"

What are these?

Do I keep them or delete them?

Keep them, it is the signature that prove this addon has been signed by the BIS software. For now only the original BIS file are signed. In the future (when the software will be released), lots of addon would have access to this signed file.

If i am not too stupid, it's to avoid hack/cheat in .pbo files. If the server is well configurated he will check the sign files.

Heyas, I've been having some trouble with 1.08..

Scenario:

8800 GTS 320 meg (Gigabyte)

Running nvidia official 158.22 drivers (installed today to be sure)

Windows XP Sp2 (pro)

AMD64 3000+ Venice

Nforce 4 mobo

2 gig of DDR400

SATA 2 harddrives x 2

Audigy 4 PCI sound card

loaded boot camp map to screw around.

Flew the AH-1Z for a while, came back to the airbase and on approach noticed that the runway and buildings were not textured.

Tried to get the shift + = vram clear to work, but it didnt.

Shortly afterwards ARMA CTD'd where my Visual Studio Just-in-time debugger intercepted. Of course, I dont have pdb files so I couldnt give you anything meaningful about the crash eg. stack would have been useless without symbols.

I couldnt find the 'default' option for textures- is there a config file entry I need to make? or does it not exist for 320 meg cards?

This issue was happening on 1.07 as well- thought 1.08 would fix it. I was wrong.

I'm having the exact same problems. Textures seem to flicker rapidly or just disappear, this lowers frames per second to almost zero at times.

Running 8800GTS 640MB

Windows XP

e6600 2.4Ghz C2D

I got a big drop in fps with 1.08 in citys tryed 512 in maxmem = same. Tryed -1200 maxmem runs much much better but got 2 crashes in a hour which i never got with beta at -1200 maxmem.

Will try differant settings !

Couldn't be bothered to see if this had been posted or not so I'll put it here anyway but the Flush command (to flush vram) works well.

Press Left shift + numpad minus then type flush, the game should be able to do this automatically but hey its BI............ whistle.gif

I've had no issues at all with 1.6 (US DVD install). After installing the 1.08 patch, I get serious issues. The game loads and plays perfectly fine. But after joining a multiplayer game and then trying to exit, it locks up my system. It sits there with the game screen still up, but it won't exit. I tried using task manager via ctrl+alt+delete, but the process will not end-task. I end task about a dozen times, but nothing happens. The only way to fix it is to hit the reset button on my tower. This never happened until I installed 1.08.

has anyone noticed the m1a1 abrams seems to fire heat and sabot rounds randomly? like when sabot rounds are loaded its not always a sabot round that is fired , also sometimes the first shot fired doesnt even hit anything

I've had no issues at all with 1.6 (US DVD install). After installing the 1.08 patch, I get serious issues. The game loads and plays perfectly fine. But after joining a multiplayer game and then trying to exit, it locks up my system. It sits there with the game screen still up, but it won't exit. I tried using task manager via ctrl+alt+delete, but the process will not end-task. I end task about a dozen times, but nothing happens. The only way to fix it is to hit the reset button on my tower. This never happened until I installed 1.08.

bump

Multiplayer is unplayable for me with this problem. A solution would be nice!

I'm having very stuttery gameplay online after patching to 1.08, did not have this problem before, and it ONLY occurs online. I dont have the problem in other online games such as BF2.

Specifications in my signature, running latest graphics drivers etc..