Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

1.08 Troubleshooting thread.

I get stuttery gameplay since 1.08. Both in MP and SP.   sad_o.gif

Wots the best Framerate to pick for a Nvidia 7600GT with a Pentium 4 3Gig chip & 1GB of RAM??

My multiplayer (and ONLY multiplayer) crash (read above) did not happen with 1.06 (US DVD install) nor did it happen with the 1.07 beta patch. Both of those worked flawlessy online.

1.08 will crash EVERY SINGLE time I exit multiplayer. If I'm on a server and click disconnect, it will crash. If I hit multiplayer in the menu then hit exit, it crashes.

And it doesn't just crash. It just sits there, like it's locking up the renderer or something. Trying to end process on it (in the task bar) does not work. It just sits there. Doesn't use any CPU resources or anything. It just locks up the system. I have to reboot the entire machine to get rid of it.

PLEASE help. This is ridiculous.

Quote[/b] ]I get stuttery gameplay since 1.08. Both in MP and SP. sad_o.gif

Wots the best Framerate to pick for a Nvidia 7600GT with a Pentium 4 3Gig chip & 1GB of RAM??

I have same setup as you

get 15-25 fps in cities 25 and upwards in desert.

Bigger cities like paraiso really eat my system...if i try and drive through its a slideshow, our p4's just dont cut it any more.

Mines not stuttery though, i would defrag your HD properly and you may see that go

(running 1280x1024 all normal but AF high AA normal shadows off)

ArmA: Combat Operations (ATARI - US)

Updated to 1.08

Since I've updated ArmA to 1.08 I can't see the gun, I can fire, I hear the sounds... but I can't see the gun, on the 3rd person view, the "guy" isn't with the gun on his hands.. but again.. I can fire.. damn..

I've already uninstalled and installed again but no changes..

Any one could help me??

My crash issue seems to be related to my sound card. I tried disabling hardware sound in-game and I got a blue-screen-of-death (BSOD) crash. Rebooted, then edited my preferences file so that the game would start up with hardware turned off. Same thing - as soon as the game started to load, I got a BSOD crash.

Remember - this crash did NOT HAPPEN with 1.06 or 1.07beta. This has only started happening with 1.08. Because of this, I cannot play online at all. I can play single player just fine, using hardware sound. But when I exit multiplayer, the game crashes my PC. I'll assume it has something to do with VOIP, or some other audio "tweak" that was made. So basically, I cannot play multiplayer whatsoever right now, which is pissing me off (excuse language).

Here are some snippets from my DXDIAG:

Time of this report: 6/18/2007, 17:20:34

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600)

Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254)

Motherboard: ASUS P5N32-SLI SE DELUXE x16

BIOS: BIOS Date: 11/16/06 10:54:14 Ver: 08.00.12 (0603)

Processor: Intel® Core2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory: 2048MB RAM

Page File: 262MB used, 3681MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

--------------------------------------------------

VIDEO CARD:

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GX2

Manufacturer: BFG TECH NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce 7950 GX2

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0294&SUBSYS_035B10DE&REV_A1

Display Memory: 1024.0 MB

Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor: BenQ FP202w

Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200

Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll

Driver Version: 6.14.0010.9424 (English)

DDI Version: 9 (or higher)

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 4/19/2007 13:26:00, 4543616 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: n/a

WHQL Date Stamp: n/a

VDD: n/a

Mini VDD: nv4_mini.sys

Mini VDD Date: 4/19/2007 13:26:00, 3988384 bytes

Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-41D4-11CF-BE57-512300C2CB35}

Vendor ID: 0x10DE

Device ID: 0x0294

SubSys ID: 0x035B10DE

Revision ID: 0x00A1

Revision ID: 0x00A1

----------------------------------------------

SOUND CARD:

Description: Razer Barracuda AC-1 Gaming Audio Card

Default Sound Playback: Yes

Default Voice Playback: No

Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_13F6&DEV_8788&SUBSYS_09101A58&REV_00

Manufacturer ID: 1

Product ID: 100

Type: WDM

Driver Name: cmudaxp.sys

Driver Version: 5.12.0001.0008 (English)

Driver Attributes: Final Debug

Date and Size: 12/7/2006 11:23:44, 1423360 bytes

Other Files:

Driver Provider: Razer

HW Accel Level: Full

Cap Flags: 0x0

Min/Max Sample Rate: 0, 0

Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 0, 0

Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 0, 0

HW Memory: 0

Voice Management: No

EAX 2.0 Listen/Src: Yes, Yes

I3DL2 Listen/Src: Yes, Yes

Sensaura ZoomFX: No

Registry: OK

Sound Test Result: All tests were successful.

Description: Logitech USB Headset

Default Sound Playback: No

Default Voice Playback: Yes

Hardware ID: USB\Vid_046d&Pid_0a01&Rev_0017&MI_00

Manufacturer ID: 65535

Product ID: 65535

Type: WDM

Driver Name: usbaudio.sys

Driver Version: 5.01.2600.2180 (English)

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Date and Size: 8/3/2004 16:07:56, 59264 bytes

Other Files:

Driver Provider: Microsoft

HW Accel Level: Full

Cap Flags: 0x0

Min/Max Sample Rate: 0, 0

Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 0, 0

Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 0, 0

HW Memory: 0

Voice Management: No

EAX 2.0 Listen/Src: No, No

I3DL2 Listen/Src: No, No

Sensaura ZoomFX: No

Registry: OK

Sound Test Result: All tests were successful.

-------------------------------------------

Thanks,

i need help.. when i try to Patch from 1.05 to 1.08 i get all sorts of the same error in differnt .pbo files.. its says its chagned or damged.. anyonw knows why ??

I get it on Windows Xp and Vista...

Please help me.

Come on guys it's been over a week now, and I still cannot play multiplayer. Can I at least get acknowledgment of my issue? Any information would be comforting. I'm already dealing with piss-poor support from Razer, I don't want to deal with that here.

@ June 19 2007,11:04)]i need help.. when i try to Patch from 1.05 to 1.08 i get all sorts of the same error in differnt .pbo files.. its says its chagned or damged.. anyonw knows why ??

Please help me.

2 Possibilities AFAIK;

1) you have overclocked ur system too far, it gets overheated in another way, or you have faulty hardware (Which does not get always easily apparant under normal operation, but especially at patch operations etc. it could be a problem)

2) some original files are overwritten, make sure you always use modfolders when using addons aswell as make sure you backup files if you would replace original ArmA files. The solution would be to uninstall arma, delete your arma folder, reinstall arma, install patch 1.05, install patch 1.08.

Goodluck

Quote[/b] ]Come on guys it's been over a week now, and I still cannot play multiplayer. Can I at least get acknowledgment of my issue? Any information would be comforting. I'm already dealing with piss-poor support from Razer, I don't want to deal with that here.
The BI Forums are no official support forums mate, I just thought to let you know smile_o.gif

Please try to use an older version of the OpenAL32.dll as located here: http://www.6thsense.eu/tmp/OpenAL32.rar

Your OpenAL32.dll should be located in your Windows\system32 folder. Please backup your current OpenAL32.dll then overwrite the file with the one in the RAR file above. Try playing ArmA and see if there is any difference.

When you get the blue screen, please note the exact bluescreen, possibly note the dll that is causing it IF it's reported.

Thank you very much, sickboy. I'll try that when I go home at lunch.

If that doesn't work, I'll try contacting Atari's support people (I dread that moment). smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]2ndLt.Tyrsted[3/1]

i need help.. when i try to Patch from 1.05 to 1.08 i get all sorts of the same error in differnt .pbo files.. its says its chagned or damged.. anyonw knows why ??

Please help me.

Just decompress pbo-s that you have errors from your DVD to addons directory where ARMA is installed before patching.Use winrar it's more reliable than others.

Also Patching is performed partially in system memory so if you are insufficient you will get errors for sure.

Give us feedback.

sickboy, you are da man smile_o.gif

I've only been able to try it for about 10 minutes, but exiting multiplayer works perfectly now.

Outstanding man, thank you very much. Do you have any idea what they changed in the newer version that might have been causing the issue? (in case other people get it).

Again, thanks,

**UPDATED**

This fixed it for sure. I played for 2 hours online right now, and it exited just fine. Thank you very much, sickboy. biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Just decompress pbo-s that you have errors from your DVD to addons directory where ARMA is installed before patching.Use winrar it's more reliable than others.

This solution will work *only*, if you patch up to 1.05, but will

not work if you are patching from 1.05 > 1.08.

Reason beeing, 1.08 is dependant on *already* patched to 1.05

.pbo files (see readme of 1.08) and if you just copy back

1.00 ~ 1.04 files, you will see .pbo errors as well.

(assumed content[1.05] does not match; you will see the same

error codes as if the files were corrupt)

So, the best way would be to patch up to 1.05 (Euro only)

and once this project finishes *errorfree* > do an complete

backup of ArmA folder 1.05.

From *this* folder, copy back any already patched 1.05 .pbo files,

if something goes wrong with 1.08 patching.

---

Edit: I just remembered, there are 'bi.bisign' (?) files for each

.pbo files (i.e.: ui.pbo.bi.bisign)

I am not sure, if those are patched as well [i assume] so it

is best to always copy *both* files back; i.e.

ui.pbo and ui.pbo.bi.bisign

---

Apart from that, test your system, if it can operate 'bytecorrect'

at all;...just create some really large archive files

(Winrar, ect. 200-300MB each) and then *Winsfv* those archives;..

copy over to other drive/folder and again, check via Winsfv, if copied files are still valid.

Of course, there are some other ways to make sure of

valid, non-corruptive operation of your PC.

ArmAs patching process just points out underlying weaknesses,

thats all.

arma 1.08 reboot my pc, sometime after 10 min, sometime after 1hours or more.

all my other game work good.Trying ati hot fix,option setting in game,nothing work.Us dvd 1.06 work fine

im play only on mp

intel p4 3.4gig

x1950pro

audigy 4

2gig ram

winxp

Well Im leaving this fourm / game / awesome community well.. tounge2.gif

You may see me around sometimes if a friend tells me that you fix this damm fcking bug. But i cant promiss out as im pissed off the maxium, maybe i will wait a few years and see if its been fixed then wink_o.gif

Signing Out. Matt R!

Peace Out Everyone, Life Here i Come.!!!

<span style='color:#CC0000'><span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>CTD FIX!!!</span></span> XP USERS + 8800 Users

Quote[/b] ]-world=empty -nosplash -maxmem=256

This should fix the CTD issue, it has done so for me for the past two days ive played with NO CTD.

If you use any higher than 256 you will CTD smile_o.gif

Hey guys,

I didn´t read all the posts, too long and I am short on time.

Here is my error:

After patching from 1.05 to 1.08 Arma doesn´t start. It crashes even BEFORE the DVD is spinning for checking my copy protection. Dr. Watson comes up and thats all.

With 1.05 all ran fine, but a little slow. So hopefully 1.08 would increase performance a bit, like it was on my second machine. This one was tuned a little by updating from 1.05 to 1.08, where it now runs ~1/3 faster).

Here are my specs:

Intel P4,

2800MHz,

2x256 MB RAM,

ATi Radeon 9800 pro 256 MB,

MSI 6566 E Max Mainboard,

Soundblaster 16 PCi

Windows 2000 SP4

4GB free space on HDD (pagefile.sys is fix with 512 MB).

greetings

TOViper

Umm, anyone had this problem?

When I enter a plane or a helicopter and take off, it constantly keeps turning right.. Joystick cant be the problem, it works fine in other games and it worked fine before 1.08 patch.. It really pis*es me off because I cant fly anything now o,o I tried configuring flight options in ArmA.. still does it.. and planes/heli's worked fine before...

PC:

AMD Athlon 64 3500+

2.21 GHz

1024MB RAM

GeForce 7600GT @ 256MB VRAM

ArmA Czech DVD version 1.08

1.08 patch should be called 1.08 destroyer, really. icon_rolleyes.gif

try unbind and rebind all flight controls

i had the "CreateIndexBuffer failed (8876017c)" problem, and tried everything posted here and nothing helped

i then went to bios and started switching around everything to do with the videocard

i upped the agp aperture to 512

now the game works with no crash yet, with no -maxmem switch

1.05 works fine (i have euro version). As soon as i patched to 1.08 the game would crash about a minute after loading. Tried fresh re-installs, tried uninstalling, defragging and then reinstalling, all without any luck.

Specs ae as follows:

P4 2.8 GHz, 1.5 gigs of ram, ATI Radeon X800XT 256meg gfx card, soundblaster live 5.1 sound card and still have plenty of hard disk space left after install.

Any ideas?

Rip out all the ATI driver and ACE stuff. then reinstall the latest(7.6). Use Windows AddRemove programs, the CCC first then the Display driver, DONT Reboot yet, Go tothe ATi folders on your comp and delete them (defrag if you can) then reboot. Dont let Windows install or look for any thing, cancel the wizards, Now click on the 7.6.exe or whatever driver you will use.

Got this game a few days ago it has been h*ll ever since. I cant get the AA stay off I save it under settings but when game crashes AA comes back on. I am running Windows Vista Premium with an 8800 GTS worst of both words for this game according to the forums. I am running the default Atari version cause I am unable to install the latest patch cause It keeps coming up with the error message A10.pbo cannot be found. I click continue and it crashes. I too am getting missing textures, corrupted textures and some fog. I crash to desktop every 1/2 hour but no error messages. Any one have any ideas? Help someone please..... I am about ready to throw the dvd out a window help.gif

Got this game a few days ago it has been h*ll ever since. I cant get the AA stay off I save it under settings but when game crashes AA comes back on.

That is normal behaviour of ArmA(settings change>crash>settings lost). Once you change some gfx settings, its best practice to just exit ArmA, because it only

save your changes, when its shutdown correctly. (You can also make

manual changes to the config files outside ArmA)

I am running Windows Vista Premium with an 8800 GTS worst of both words for this game according to the forums. I am running the default Atari version cause I am unable to install the latest patch cause It keeps coming up with the error message A10.pbo cannot be found.

You should run the install with Administrator rights and also

later run ArmA with said permissions.

Once installed(run it once to ensure proper install), you should check your..\ArmA\addons\ folder, if the file is there before patching to 1.08. If it is not, you can try to copy it over from the DVD. Then, make an copy of the complete ArmA folder in case something goes wrong while patching to 1.08. If errors, you can easily delete the botched install and copy back this folder. No need to delete your ArmA profile which is stored separately.

I click continue and it crashes. I too am getting missing textures, corrupted textures and some fog. I crash to desktop every 1/2 hour but no error messages. Any one have any ideas? Help someone please..... I am about ready to throw the dvd out a window help.gif

Since you got some incomplete install, I think its normal to

crash from this reason alone. Texture problems and crashing

can be mostly remedied by 'good' drivers, lowered settings

and startup parameters for ArmA like maxmem=512 for example.

Remember, ArmA is not officially supported with Vista at this point.