Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

1.08 Troubleshooting thread.

But that HDR bug is terrible.. If I was epileptic, I'd be a dead man right about now. The screen will erupt into crazed white flashings if I so much as look at the sun at a certain angle.

Ive been expirimenting to get HDR which is only affected by time, not by the stance of the sun.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">setAperture (50^(date select 3))

If you put then in a soldiers init, does it still happen? (Note that this isnt a real fix, just wondering if it still happens then)

Well it seems to be fixed now after I did a driver clean-out and installed the official nvidia drivers (not that I think it was an issue with NGO drivers [the drivers I was using before], I just wanted to be safe)

Seems to be stable now, haven't had a CTD for a while, but the FPS is a lot worse than what it was when using NGO's drivers - the thing is I'm scared to test them out again! But no doubt I will today or tomorrow smile_o.gif

Thanks for the help smile_o.gif

I'll post here again if stuff gets bad again wink_o.gif

Funny thing....game seems to work perfect when i use "try" in the armory section.... played for an hour, with the only glitch being the inside drivers view of the armored personell carrier, the graphics there are screwed...everything else seems ok. No fps loss, 800700e warning or anything.

When I play the single missions I get the 800700e error 10 out of 10 times...or the game just hangs while loading, can move the mouse in the pre-game menu, but can't click anything..hang up....what gives..

dual 2 core e6600, geforce 8800gtx 768 mb ram, 2 gig memory, vista 32.

huh.gif

1.08 installed over 1.05 and 1.07 with fix ... ArmA is not starting anymore. No addons. CD is startin but nothing happens crazy_o.gif

Not the kind of "improvement" I was expecting Mr BIS  help.gif

Damn.. I have tried almost everything. Still my menu screen stays black and deformed (screenshot at page 20).

Does someone know any sane solution? Im going to lose my mind...

well after 7-8 times reinstallintg and installing i applyed the patch now it wont launch, is bi planning on doing anythuing to fix this?

1.08 installed over 1.05 and 1.07 with fix ... ArmA is not starting anymore. No addons. CD is startin but nothing happens crazy_o.gif

Not the kind of "improvement" I was expecting Mr BIS  help.gif

Wrong thread !

Welcome aboard!

Click here

Patch seems good other than a new annoying bug where I cant get off a ladder when climbing up it. I just stay at the top doing the climbing animation. I cant get down either so I have to respawn or restart. banghead.gif

Patch seems good other than a new annoying bug where I cant get off a ladder when climbing up it. I just stay at the top doing the climbing animation. I cant get down either so I have to respawn or restart.  banghead.gif

i will add that to BTS after more testing, but for now what you have to do is to drop ladder at the bottom, open your gear manual drop your gear then pick up later, it doesnt always happen from my test

Ok it was running great until i realised that all the dialogs freeze ArmA for a few seconds. If you press the map key (the worst dialog) ArmA will freeze completely for approximately 15 seconds.

What.the.hell?

Jack, I have the same problem.

But I don't know the solution... sad_o.gif

What is your hardwer?

Well, definite FPS loss for me. Or at least, ArmA now pushes even more my system to its limit.

I get symptoms that remind me of 1.02, ie my HDD is working way more, and as soon as my CPU is a bit under stress (mainly managing AI and scripts), I get a heavy FPS loss in dense environnement.

Not counting that I had to get down in settings (view distance from 5km to 3km) compared to 1.07b.

I think "Default" setting for "Texture quality" is hurting on system with less than 512M VRAM (256 on my card), I got smoother results with a "Normal" setting I had before.

When I get the strong feeling that something is going very wrong and crash is imminent (in 1.08, symptoms are : HDD working, FPS <10), a "FLUSH" cheat helps and avoids the crash, it seems.

C2D E6400 @2.6GHz

2G RAM PC6400 CAS4

Radeon X1800CL 256M VRAM under Cat 6.7

Old IDE HDD 120G

MB MSI P965 Neo F

XP SP2

Sorry for the lack of precise data here, it's more feeling description

Ok it was running great until i realised that all the dialogs freeze ArmA for a few seconds. If you press the map key (the worst dialog) ArmA will freeze completely for approximately 15 seconds.

What.the.hell?

What is your hardwer?

It seems to have improved since then.. Do you play Bezerk a lot by any chance mate? Cause since then ive had no dialog lag :S And it was only in a game of Bezerk: Airfield.

If you try a map on Ramadi is it better? It seems to be an issue relating to the amount of markers on the map.. Bezerk has loads of dynamic markers...

My hardware FYI is:

AMD 3700+ @ 2.4Ghz

1GB RAM

ATI Radeon X1950 PRO AGP 512mb

Onboard sound

What.the.hell?

What is your hardwer?

It seems to have improved since then.. Do you play Bezerk a lot by any chance mate? Cause since then ive had no dialog lag :S And it was only in a game of Bezerk: Airfield.

If you try a map on Ramadi is it better? It seems to be an issue relating to the amount of markers on the map.. Bezerk has loads of dynamic markers...

My hardware FYI is:

AMD 3700+ @ 2.4Ghz

1GB RAM

Onboard sound

jack i have similar system that u have, can u tell me what kinda fps u get, and what settings u run. Just got this 1950pro 256 today, and im pretty torn that it dont deliver any kind of fps boost for me.

my settings 1280x1024

everything low

AA off

I get 15-30 fps....

My hardware FYI is:

AMD 3700+ @ 2.4Ghz

1GB RAM

Onboard sound

jack i have similar system that u have, can u tell me what kinda fps u get, and what settings u run. Just got this 1950pro 256 today, and im pretty torn that it dont deliver any kind of fps boost for me.

my settings 1280x1024

everything low

AA off

I get 15-30 fps....

Heya Puma,

Could you try putting ur settings normal or high? Esp the shader and or shadows? These invoke different processing functions and have been reported to sometimes work better for ppl with such cards etc.

My hardware FYI is:

AMD 3700+ @ 2.4Ghz

1GB RAM

Onboard sound

my settings 1280x1024

everything low

AA off

I get 15-30 fps....

Heya Puma,

Could you try putting ur settings normal or high? Esp the shader and or shadows? These invoke different processing functions and have been reported to sometimes work better for ppl with such cards etc.

thnx for input im really lost with all these new things and drivers, and hotfixes and settings. Lots of experimenting for me welcome.gif

I've been stuck with the "head bug" issue since the patch was installed. After a fresh reboot and load the game is fine until I die in game. Then I am stuck looking left.

closing the game does nothing. Need to reboot.

Anyone else had this?

If it matters

P4,W-XP 3.2gig, 1 gig of ram, Nvidia 7600gs, SB audio.

I have the US Retail DVD of ArmA. First time I downloaded the 1.08 patch from the list of servers in the 1.08 thread in the news section here, I got an error trying to patch one of sara.pbo files. Even though the were no errors reported when I downloaded the patch.

So.... I uninstalled ArmA, reinstalled ArmA and downloaded the ArmaCombatOperations_USRetailandDigitalDistribution_v108_patch

from atari's web site. Applied the patch and it worked. So far no errors. It could be the patch doesn't like unoffical addons in ArmA. I had a bunch of addons when I first tried to install the patch.... *shrug*

Hi,

I had the problem with securom, but solved it.

Just turned on windows2000 compatibility mode in shortcut's properties.

Posted on June 16 2007,06:03

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Along with many other paying customers on your forums I to am suffering from the same problems of the latest patch release of v108 DVD edition 505 Games UK, running on a Windows XP system.

Why is it not working? completely failing to even start?

In one case flashing violently between black and white ? this is a serious health risk right now!

Are these issues being tackled? especially the one above?

When can we expect comment on these issues from the developers themselves?

When can we expect a solution?

Guess I'll join in the mass of 'this aint working' calls!!.

I would of course prefer to post an answer/ solution to all our probleems.

My systeem: Conroe E6600 @2.7

4gb Corsair 800 ddr

8800GTX

Running on MS Vista 32 home pro

Updated all the drivers, tried all the tricks mentioned here and absolutly no joy for me with this 1.08 patch.

The software screws up so bad my whole systeem crashes.

Also the chest bug, but the fix for that is def. the remove 3rd addons. Now running a clean install and still not working

Strange, when u consider i played with absolute no problems with the 1.05.

And now the games seems to be completely screwed, well at least for me.

I would like to quote ANG3L because this is ridiclous and i agree with his questions towards BIS

I buy game software to have fun and enjoyment. I buy expensive pc hardware to run them. I dont pay to spend all my weekend fiddling about trying to get the stuff to work . Thats what developers are paid very well to do. So why has it apparantly failed miserably in this case?

So, I guess im back to 1.05 and wait for a patch that does work.

well when u install vista on your DD sisnt you expect that everything will crash ...

im looking at the post and people who have probs have win vista ...

my neighboor has the same config but no vista and it's working greate

Quote[/b] ]If Bohemia arent going to support their game under Vista, ArmA will not be around for long. They have a small grace period as many people have not switched to Vista yet but I can tell you this, I play ALL my old games (In some cases 3 or 4 year old ones) in Vista with no problems EXCEPT ArmA.

i've run some directx9 HDR shader tests to compare directx9 performance under both vista and xp....the differences are huge with xp outperforming vista by 40-50% in framerates.

You can easily test this yourself by downloading and running the program below under vista and xp and compare the FPS:

Real-time HDR IBL

maybe should answer many of the performance issues with arma and vista...is it video card drivers ?? or is it directx9 emulation in directx10 ??

my game keeps crashing with the "arma has encountered a problem and needs to close" message. it seems to happen on all the graphics settings and the game runs fine until it happens.

my game keeps crashing with the "arma has encountered a problem and needs to close" message. it seems to happen on all the graphics settings and the game runs fine until it happens.

I'm also getting that a lot now.

WinXP,

Geforce 7800GT 256MB,

X-Fi ExtremeMusic.

I haven't tried the -maxmem=512 parameter yet, but I will give it a try.

Tested with the maxmem parameter. The game seemed to run better for a while. After a while, it started freezing and eventually just froze completely, playing the sound of my character breathing. I left it for several minutes, that didn't do any good. Only way I could get out of it was by doing a reset. Guess maxmem didn't help.

Specs:

WinXP Home

AMD Athlon64 X2 3800

1Gig DDR400 RAM

Geforce 7800GT 256MB

94.24 Forceware (tried some others)

X-Fi ExtremeMusic sound card.

I had texture detail on 'Normal'.

This sucks sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I read somewhere that BI had released the patch and gone on vacation. I'm starting to believe this..... How come there is no official statements regarding the vast amount of problem people are having with their program. If they are on vacation I hope the weather is pissing down on them.

They are definitely not on vacation, and even if the entire Staff would be: Who says they are not allowed to have some days off just because the game doesn't run on your shiny Vista?

There are dozens of topics here covering the problems ArmA has with Vista and the GF8800 series. Just a suggestion: Try it with the OS it was developed for? wink_o.gif

Now that I've played for a few days with the 1.08 patch, I CAN say it works on my "shiny" Vista 64 Ultimate and a 8800gtx. I'm not able to use sli w/Arma yet (distorts over long missions), but it's getting better as drivers and game patches are released.

I do use -maxmem=512 in the shortcut or ctd's will occur w/normal-high settings.(158.24 whql drivers are in use)

I got the ArmA stopped responding, ArmA has encountered a problem, with other drivers I tested but not with 158.24whql.

Even OFP plays perfectly w/Vista without having to tamper w/shortcut.