Sign in to follow this  
The_Nebula

Patch 1.08 - Released!

I reinstalled US 1.06, then the patch, and now the game does not load. It just doesn't even go into the screen. sad_o.gif

I say, not all installs are trouble !

well, reading this thread was a good and bad idea.

It made me nervous, but also reminded me to ensure my ArmA was Vanilla without addons.

I did that, but feared the worst.

I got worried for nothing.

I downloaded the 300mb USpatch in about 15 minutes

it changed my US-DVD 1.06 to 1.08 without trouble.

it starts up no problem.

yay.gif

Thank you Marek and BIS inlove.gif

Is it me, or does some 1.8 servers show a red X by them and report a "bad server version?"

I deleted the beta 1.07 U.S. patch folder and exe, then updated with this new U.S. 1.08. No problems, and I do see performance increases. Very nice patch and I very happy with the update.

No probs with my 8800 GTX to speak of. Altho, when I use the ACOG in the armoury, I can see muzzle flah within the scope, but no muzzle flashes when the rifle is at the hip. Oddness.

Is it me, or does some 1.8 servers show a red X by them and report a "bad server version?"

I don't think most of the servers have updated yet.

Speaking of servers...why is the dedicated server link to an ftp site that appears to require a password?

EDIT:NVM, was a temporary problem...I guess nener.gif

I dont want to sound ungrateful but is it just me or is there "still" no sounds...behind you?

You can have a full battle going on and if you turn around....nothing.

Dont get me wrong, I'm happy the butterfly shadow is fixed and all. crazy_o.gif

Yup. I hope the sound features will be buffed up in another patch (EAX and hardware accel are still DEcelerators and create oddities like the tanks being heard across the island)

I don't think most of the servers have updated yet.

That might be because there is only 1 Mirror hosting the Dedicated Server file... and not even BIS has a link to one folks can download from them.

FYI... whoever is being used for the mirror of the dedicated server has connectivity issues. Downloads keep stopping for me and several others. What a pain... can't even get to 50% completed and it drops. Thats using an OC connection to grab it too.

Come on BIS... atleast host your own Dedicated Server file so we have atleast a another option. (or is there one that hasnt been publically said yet? If so someone post it please)

I dont want to sound ungrateful but is it just me or is there "still" no sounds...behind you?

You can have a full battle going on and if you turn around....nothing.

Dont get me wrong, I'm happy the butterfly shadow is fixed and all. crazy_o.gif

make sure you check your own sound card settings.

if you have 4.1 speakers set and only use 2, then the you wont hear sounds behind you.

Well that fixed my n00by problem.  inlove.gif

Thanks man!   smile_o.gif

EDIT: I bought a new comp with a fancy sound card but I should go buy some more speakers I think. wink_o.gif

wow, that landing guidance on the Hud of the planes is new ? wow_o.gifinlove.gif i love it !!! specially useful on night landings , is great !!!! inlove.gifinlove.gif thanks BIS notworthy.gif

I'm getting a bunch of errors

should I just ignore all these errors?

Should I be using the international version for the sprocket version?

here's a sample error :Update 1.06-1.08\ADDONS\BUILDINGS.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Am I missing something here? Why does the official website, www.armedassault.com/us list no updates for US v1.06->1.08, and the European download version says it's "Coming soon".

Are these v1.06->1.08 patches legit? I've seen reference to them in the BIS Wiki and the sizes are about right, but are these, perhaps, "pre-releases"?

Thanks.

Just an FYI for the US Atari digital download users, I got the 1.08 update from the fangaming link and installed it without incident. Game runs fine and is currently at version 1.08.5163.

I also mirrored the patch on my site.

http://www.teamfcf.com/downloads/AA/ArmA_USUpdate_108.zip

FYI for digital Atari users. sad_o.gif

I dl the above update an installed it over vanilla digital Atari 1.06 and the game is officially borked! My frames are way down, the text is messed up and ive got major texture flipping. All symptoms get worse the longer the game runs and ends in an eventual freeze or CTD. Plus, even the flyby menu will only play for about a minute before seizing up for a good 20 seconds. Going back to 1.06 (if I can).

Great patch BI!

The game looks so more streamlined now! I love the menu and armory, very nice!

Major performance incriese, I still can't use SLI in ArmA, any ideas?

One problem though. I cannot start the game with my CD in, as it cant find my dvd!? Whenever it checks for my DVD it just keeps reeding it, but if I eject the dvd, the game starts!? So I can only play the game if my DVD isn't in the drive? Is that on purpose?

I have the czech version.

Only tried it a few minutes in MP, and we all had small intervals of about 10 seconds where all players had about 2 fps, and then it incriesed again. As said, I only played in one server, so it might be that particular mission or server. It was a Bezerk map. Cheers!

yay.gif

Wow! Great patch! Performance on my rig improved significantly: before i set viewdistance <2000, now i can play (& fly) with viewdistance set to 3500!yay.gif

Thx BIS! notworthy.gif

My rig:

C2Duo 6400, 2 GB RAM, x850xt 256 MB

basicly if you could get the game wroking, and i mean fully working, with the help of a sound mod(mine with FDF sound 1.1) there are notthing could match ArmA, last night i was in 16AAB server for a quick test, they are doing a MP coop, i could hear distance battle sound, i could hear bullet crack above my head, there would be enemy pop out from no where and start shooting at you, but you could kill them b4 they hit you if you are lucky and fast enought, and there are times that you line up with your team and start pinning enemy down and that is quite exciting, basically what makes OFP so fun for me is there, bugged yes, but when things start working, its the same OFP i used to play

oh and i can confirm a performent increase with the patch

Great patch indeed! Had a little play with it last night - because the download had only just finished by then - and I did notice significant performance increase - though unfortunately it won't cure me having a obsolete pc to run it on. 10km view distance was very impressive - went to the top of the tallest mountain in North Sahrani to see what I could see and it was wonderful, then I tried to go exploring but found I couldn't find a way down without dying...

But unfortunately the vd is probably a little too out of my league for pratical use. Because I have such very little RAM it also takes a very long time for the stunning vistas to actually get textured...

Strange experience, flying in a Su34 from Rahmada to Antigua (though I did want the ai to actually land at Pita...) but very cool. Unfortunately at the first attempt I placed the Su34 at the wrong end of the runway - he taxied to the other end okay, but went full throttle before completing his turn and so we took off via a tree.

Still - very much impressed. Great job BIS! notworthy.gif

Totally Nice Patch!

- Increased VON Codec Quality and Volumes (Though the NAT-stuff still needs tweaking ;'()

- Enhanced Interface; Nice

- Better Performance, More Smooth gameplay

- No more LOD problems found

- No heavy drops around Foliages anymore

- All the fixes for functions as setpos etc.

- Many small fixes and tweaks; making the game more enjoyable than it already was smile_o.gif

- Dammage system seems to be nicer, or is it just me?

MultiPlayer plays fine, been at it for hours yesterday.

Nice patch indeed, game seems to look lot better even on lower settings plus it runs smoother.

Tried it first in the Blood Sweat and Tears mission and the only negative thing for me is that as soon as i look trough the scopes at a enemy near some bushes i still get a framerate that makes it unable to hit anything ( shader detail on normal ) so only solution is to completely switch grass off again sad_o.gif ... at least on Nort Sahrani.

The HDR also still is annoying but thats something i have to live with i guess.

System:

- Win XP Pro + SP2

- 2 Gb Ram G-Skill DDR1

- Geforce 7800 GTX

- 250GB HD with around 60Gigs ( of 100 ) free in the game partition.

THANK YOU BiS smile_o.gif

now that's what I call Enjoying the Game; My 1,86gHz Pentium Dual Core with nVidia 7300 gs is not the same since yesterday smile_o.gif absolutely lag free on very high texture detail, perfect view from the mountain tops with view distance that can be at last set to 10000!! I saw the screens before, but seeing this with your very eyes.. notworthy.gif

looking forward to the future of ArmA; looks like it's gonna be an evergreen just like OFP is.

once again thank you!!

The HDR also still is annoying but thats something i have to live with i guess.

Hey m8, toyed with the hdrPrecision= settings yet?

Havent tried that since the last few patches but if i remeber right back then i cured the odd light efects in vehicles but didnt do much performance wise.

But i try it out in a few hours and will post if it solves the prob.

Thanks for the reminder.