Sign in to follow this  
The_Nebula

Patch 1.08 - Released!

In the demo the lighting effect was noticeable in the HMMWV and Mi-17 in the game or atleast 1.06, this was fixed, the humvee had no trouble nor did the UH-60 or Mi-17, just about everything was fixed minus the APC's, even then I believe the BRDM based vehicles were fixed.

But it seems that problem is back for the time being, even noticed it in the UH-60.

Though this may not seem too major, for servers that have third person disabled, it makes it exceedingly tricky to pilot a helicopter without a problem, due to the sky turning white or brightening and so on.

Would be easier to fix this if they just rigged the HDR to not effect shadows area's, make the game stop trying to make every place the same brightness unless a source of light is present. That would be my only nitpick.

My nitpick is the HDR at night, where i get blind thru nvg's for no reason, its annoying and can get me killed.

Magic hour is still there, i dont expect it to ever be 100% fixed anymore.

Performance increase... well it feels much smoother.

Many fixes to be found, i like the new apc/tank optics, especially the commander ones smile_o.gif .

Great job indeed smile_o.gif .

Good job on this patch much improvement so far, one question, i found two missions in the editor under Sahrani, i go to load either and it tells me i need the editorupdate_v102. This was a fresh install smile_o.gif

Why is there in the editor MI-17 57mm rockets(transport) yet it only has a PkT and MI-17 57mm rockets and MI-17 (transport) both the same? I cant seem to find and difference in any of them

"Bullet impact is now visualised also on all objects and vehicles" How do you like this? No matter what object,vehicle,bullet and so on - the result is just the same impact sad_o.gif

I like it for the fact that is a start and can lead to further possible roads.

Light effects much improved at night! The explosions, flares, muzzle flashes, vehicle lights, and just the ambient light levels are very nice.

performance is better than 1.07b .securom gave me an headhache , but all works fine now.

For the start it`s normal, but I hope in next patch it will be seriously improved smile_o.gif

Well there are many things that I like about this patch but some I don't.

The new clean optiks for tanks no longer have a hard edge, just seemed to make the whole improvement seem incomplete.

Keep the good stuff coming though BIS

For the start it`s normal, but I hope in next patch it will be seriously improved smile_o.gif

Be it noticeable or not, I'd mostly opt for decals to be varied differntly on different surfaces, metal versus concrete versus rubber and so on.

But I'm sure that as things continue, this will be done by the community or BIS, the game is still quite young and yet its already making some nice leaps.

The Patch is great yay.gif

In general Arma is now much better looking, and performs a lot better too. Though vegetation is still hard on the computer.

2 new bugs I noticed though, maybe someone can put it in the bug tracker:

-Climbing a ladder (at least in some situations) leaves player stuck at the top, or "climbing" air. I noticed this in Armory fitness track challenge, makes it impossible to pass.

-Zooming the view in an offroad vehicle (possibly other cars too) causes HDR to go nuts, everything goes very bright.

The patch is nice, except now the AI is too hard. Their accuracy at close range is ok and accurate to human's, but not their accuracy at long range. No matter what they are in now, whether it's a tank, apc, or they just have an AK74 or something like that, they can hit you easily and quickly.

Also, I cannot seem to be able to hide behind objects anymore and shoot around them without hitting the objects. I have to practially be standing in full view to not hit the object.

ive seen a few errors in the single player missions ill snap a screen shot sometime soon

anyone else seen any mission errors in SP wink_o.gif

In convoy ambush, the blackhawk sometimes overflies the LZ and goes sightseeing.. Happened once out of four tries.

I had the same problem but around 1.06/1.07, I would go the LZ and it would decide to skip past me...was hilarious the second time because I missed a machine gunner, who took the Blackhawk down. Heheh..

The patch is nice, except now the AI is too hard. Their accuracy at close range is ok and accurate to human's, but not their accuracy at long range. No matter what they are in now, whether it's a tank, apc, or they just have an AK74 or something like that, they can hit you easily and quickly.

I think that the AI accuracy actually decreased because fights seems to be lasting much longer, and I'm getting hit less. wink_o.gif

The stealth mission is totally broken, unless BIS decided to put a new twist in. Sorry, I don't remember what it's called, but it's the third or fourth mission in "Single Missions".

Also the sunset is now bright blue. It would look fine is it wasn't so blindingly bright and faded quicker.

A few more glitches that may or may not have been caused by the patch:

When you run over a cone with a tank, (or possibly any other vehicle), then it will bounce away.

I ran over a rock and my tank flew into the air. Wasn't that supposed to be fixed?

AI still wastes rockets on infantry, even if enemy tanks are right in front of them.

Also, a few needed tweaks:

People and vehicles should turn static after dying/being destroying and not on a slope. Flipped vehicles and planes tend to jump around, and I was able to make bodies fly around using the AA tank.

A message should appear in the above the text saying who's talking in the mic.

A option to mute people. If BIS is going to add this option in the player list, then you minus well add a vote kick button too.

Vehicles and other loud sounds should decrease in volume when someone is talking. This should not happen if they are far away. The mic should also be louder and, if possible, higher quality.

And finally a way to test the mic in the options. I want to be able to hear myself talk to test the volume, quality, ect, and make any improvements to my mic if nessecary.

All in all, I'm very happy with the progress BIS is making with Armed Assault. This post was not meant to make anyone think otherwise, I'm just stating my negative experiences with the patch for BIS's benifit.

What is the deal with Atari? I have the US game bought retail box from GameStop (not digital download) and I d/l ArmA_USUpdate108 and it runs perfectly fine (thank you BI!!!wink_o.gif

Why in the world is Atari saying that they are not releasing the US patch yet until they QA test it? Trying to get a straight answer at Atari is impossible.

I don't think I have ever seen this before in gaming.

What is the deal with Atari? I have the US game bought retail box from GameStop (not digital download) and I d/l ArmA_USUpdate108 and it runs perfectly fine (thank you BI!!!wink_o.gif

Why in the world is Atari saying that they are not releasing the US patch yet until they QA test it? Trying to get a straight answer at Atari is impossible.

I'm pretty sure it's a publishers basic operating procedure.

If Atari was the sole publisher for this game, 1.08 wouldn't be out yet. Most publishers will test patches from their devs before they approve it for their customers.

If there is a problem, or they think the patch isn't good enough they will ask the devs to try again.

Rock = OMG why would atari release a patch that doesn't work??

Hard place = OMG why is atari not releasing the patch??

smile_o.gif

I'm pretty sure it's a publishers basic operating procedure.

If Atari was the sole publisher for this game, 1.08 wouldn't be out yet. Most publishers will test patches from their devs before they approve it for their customers.

If there is a problem, or they think the patch isn't good enough they will ask the devs to try again.

Rock = OMG why would atari release a patch that doesn't work??

Hard place = OMG why is atari not releasing the patch??

smile_o.gif

Usually that give and take goes on behind closed doors before the patch ever sees the official light of day, which it already has from BIS.

I love the patch additions. Seeing butterflies now, the grass swaying more. Seagulls,  lighting effects and textures are nicer.   The list goes on. Still seeing a bug where the heli pilot teacher is glitchiy in the heli tut.  And still no muzzle flashes with scope down. See em in the scope view tho.

It`d be nice to see enemy muzzle flash at distances too. But otherwise.... this update patch sure is a good one.  Awesome.

How do u tell Ai to land at an Airfield with the:

"Ai name" landat "airport id" script thing...

I dont know the Airport ID!!! I can get an Ai to take off, but not land!!!

This patch is a nightmare! mad_o.gif

In the start it's OK. A little bit slower and a little bit ugly then 1.05, but it's OK.

I player half an hour and ArmA start become LAGGY very hard. And if I get in a APC the ArmA is frozen to 20 seconds and if I change to map... the game changed to a cartoon. sad_o.gif(

I will reintall the ArmA with 1.05.

1.08 is a piece of shit. banghead.gif

How do u tell Ai to land at an Airfield with the:

"Ai name" landat "airport id" script thing...

I dont know the Airport ID!!! I can get an Ai to take off, but not land!!!

Airport ID is a number (see http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/landAt) The main airport is 0, others are numbered 1... I do not know by heart which is which, however this should be pretty easy to find out.

I hope someone will add the airport mapping into the wiki soon.

This patch is a nightmare!  mad_o.gif

In the start it's OK. A little bit slower and a little bit ugly then 1.05, but it's OK.

I player half an hour and ArmA start become LAGGY very hard. And if I get in a APC the ArmA is frozen to 20 seconds and if I change to map... the game changed to a cartoon. sad_o.gif(

I will reintall the ArmA with 1.05.

1.08 is a piece of shit.  banghead.gif

Strange, the performance was improved and the graphics slightly optimised in 1.08.

How about asking for help in the 1.08 troubleshooting thread instead of posting pointless rants here?

Quote[/b] ]How about asking for help in the 1.08 troubleshooting thread instead of posting pointless rants here?

Sorry, I thought THIS IS the troubleshooting thread.

I missed this.