Sign in to follow this  
The_Nebula

Patch 1.08 - Released!

1.08 ... 565 MB ...

Now that's a monster smile_o.gif

Great news anyway.

Right, well thats a bit crap.

Installed the new patch, now I can't run the game, super.

Everytime I go to launch it I get this error:

Quote[/b] ]

A required security module cannot be activated.

This program cannot be executed (7001).

Please have a look at http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=module&c=7001 for further, more detailed information

Which would be okay, yet theres no sodding information on it. What the hells going on?

Could it be to do with the 1.05 Beta patch perhaps? Note: I deleted all the beta folders.

Gah, keep seeing my downloads start off slow (40kb if I'm lucky, after all, I only have Broadband...) then crawl to a complete halt after about half an hour - and now when it seems I'm getting somewhere, some stupid cretin in the local electricity company's messing up his job and the neighbourhood getting power surges which reboot the computer. Talking about someone being determined to make sure I don't actually get a chance to play the patch anytime today...

pistols.gif

This thread for feedback to?

Performance increase yay.gif But still that annoying cockpit flicker in some of the heli's. Evrything else looking pretty good atm smile_o.gif Even some of the missions are now different smile_o.gif

Any chance of some more mirrors to the server files the official ftp one is not working for me whistle.gif

patched up and from what i see it is too sweet notworthy.gif

Just installed the patch, i didn't have much time to test, but i liked what i saw. It's much more easy to fly now.

Great work BIS! biggrin_o.gif

Not good....

Installed the game over my 1.07 beta.

Came up with a Securerom error when I tried to run it.

Followed the instructions about editing registry and rebooted (to fix securom error). Error went away, however there were files missing and the game would not start. Tried to reapply the patch and it said that the game couldnt be found or it was corrupt. What a TERRIBLE Patcher... banghead.gif

I am now reinstalling the game..

Bit of a pain in the a$$ sad_o.gif

edit.. Save yourself a shedload of trouble and delete your BETA folder before you install 1.08!!!!

#C

Nice job BIS.

* Overall performance increase for me (middle of the road PC), particularly in urban areas which were always a bit choppy and (literally) hit'n'miss.

* Largescale online maps seem to be smoother (e.g AirCav)

* Loss of mini-map in in-game Escape menu? Where'd that go, liked it!! Or could that be the mission I played?

* Odd relaying out of main menu buttons... Not sure why Multiplayer had to come "out" of the "Play" section... Not a biggy.

* Armoury is an interesting addition... could while away a bit of time there.

* A10 is fun.

So, overall ingame is improved and (from my perspective) I haven't seen any "new" bugs introduced, just the odd one that was there before, but all mostly minor. I like it. Just miss the minimap...

I got a probelm too.

Install 1.08 over 1.05, process finishes without any problem.

Put the dvd in and click play. Nothing happens. I try again. Same problem. I remove the disk to see if there is any message. It asks me for the dvd. I put it back in, nothing happens. banghead.gif

I can read the dvd without any problem, I was playing yesterday without any problem. Now with 1.08 I can't play no more  mad_o.gif  

I only had the FDF sound pack. I'm gonna reinstall the whole thing to see if there is any change.

My rig

AMD X2 4600+, 2GB RAM, ATI X1950Pro 512MB, Audigy 2 running windows XP Pro SP2

I reinstalled, and the same problems, the 1.05 works fine, the dvd is read and the game launched. As soon as I install 1.08 nothing happends and the game won't load.

Any ideas?

Very great performance boost to many so at least BIS could patch game to level where it should been on release. Next step is to give map editor and some other tools and continue to fix some minor bugs and maybe new features, why not?

w000t w00t..

Downloading..

Can't wait, it sounds too good!..

pistols.gif

Does the patch fixes the robotic movement and animation as well as the retarted chopper and plane controls?

Any changes on that issue?

This thread for feedback to?

Performance increase yay.gif  But still that annoying cockpit flicker in some of the heli's. Evrything else looking pretty good atm smile_o.gif Even some of the missions are now different smile_o.gif

Cockpit flicker? Is it from the sun throught the rotorblades?

Much better performance, trees look a little less detailed, but the forest performance is top notch! I've used a sound mod for some time and can't reallly remember what they sounded like, but sounds like they have changed a bit..

Overall fantastic effort BIS! I'll get into the aircraft after work.. inlove.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Just launched the 'Gunship' mission to try out the AH1 again, and the mission has been completely changed crazy_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Seems like a new song in it too, and it's actually challenging this time. I only tried it twice, and both times I got shot down by an AA soldier.

That was pretty cool, anybody notice other changed missions? And what about the campaign?

Ah, the day has come wink_o.gif

IMHO this is a major leap from 1.05, with cleaner optics, gear menu in vehicles, removal of the 'esc map' (yeah, that's the lazy mans map, even though I used to use it frequently) - as well as better performance (even though I still have occasional freezes for a few seconds).

Quote[/b] ]Does the patch fixes the robotic movement and animation as well as the retarted chopper and plane controls?  

Death seems to happen more immediatly now, I haven't seen any rpg soldiers reloading before finally giving in to the darkness, at least. As well for the chopper controls, I don't see why they were retarted.

Superb BIS! Thank you so much, just what I expected.  biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Does the patch fixes the robotic movement and animation as well as the retarted chopper and plane controls?

Choppers now bank around a point lower than the rotor blades. smile_o.gif Might just be me, but I seem to have less control of the rudder using the Littlebird than in 1.05. Not certain about that though.

Wow talk about good timing. Im getting my US version ARMA shipped this Friday so I can revel in the new patch.

Just an FYI for the US Atari digital download users, I got the 1.08 update from the fangaming link and installed it without incident. Game runs fine and is currently at version 1.08.5163.

I also mirrored the patch on my site.

Thanks for that link! Dl'ed in 25 minutes after 2 failed 3 hour tries biggrin_o.gif

Can anyone describe in detail the uninstall-procedure to get from v1.07beta+fix to v1.05?

Should i simple delete the v1.07-beta-folder and the filelink v1.07-beta-link in the ArmA-main-folder?

Or is there for example an uninstall-file?

Haven't tried the little bird yet but so far I'm rather happy with the new patch, the helicopters handling like geloxo's modification, much better in other words. Ka-50 much much easier to use now.

Also glad that the camera is now centered on the helcopter, not its rotor mast.

The drawn decals on vehicles in a great addition, a bit simple but a start and shows that its possible. Same with buildings and walls.

I did notice that grenades don't kill you as easily now. Before on 1.07 I was in an urban enviroment and the AI was lodging grenades at me. I had a wall between me and the grenade, killed me.

Same scenerio for 1.08 but instead I wasn't even injured since the wall blocked the shrapnel and explosion, a definite plus and one more step closer to great indoor combat.

Performancewise I'd say there is a definite increase. Was even able to pilot helicopters with full 10km viewdistance, objects on high, textures on normal, shader at low, anti aliasing at medium, antistrophic filtering at high. And didn't have much issue at all.

The fact that tanks are now stopped when hitting a tree is a definite improvement, no more mowing down a forest at full speed without being effected.

The cleaned/cleaner optics also make a big difference.

And the community says the dev's don't listen <.< heh.

So far the only con I have with the new patch is the BRDM driver view, looks like the character is leaning forward alot and I can't seem to zoom out of it.

Wonder if for 1.09 or 1.10 it may be possible to have different sounds for different parts of vehicles..example being tires, also I'm wondering why the M113, Ka-50 and some other vehicles still have the HDR problem..I know its able to be solved because the beta HMMWV had the same problem and that was fixed.

And I believe 1.07 would write and modify some files, best idea would be a complete reinstall and then update from there, that way you don't have to worry about anything screwing up.

Can anyone describe in detail the uninstall-procedure to get from v1.07beta+fix to v1.05?

Should i simple delete the v1.07-beta-folder and the filelink v1.07-beta-link in the ArmA-main-folder?

Or is there for example an uninstall-file?

I just deleted the whole 1.07 Beta Folder/Directory and the 1.07 shortcut, and then installed the new 1.08 Patch.

Worked Perfectly. smile_o.gif