Sign in to follow this  
The_Nebula

Patch 1.08 - Released!

The betas did not overwrite any files. If you are having problems with your patch, consider the possibility that your patch is corrupt.

Well i installed patch, the big one for my dl german copy. I only got to play for a few, but i noticed an improvement to looks and performance so far.:) smile_o.gif

Very nice patch BI, i love it smile_o.gif

Only one thing: the fog issue with 8800 was fixed in 1.05b wasn´t it?

Because i have the same problem now again.

Where are the promised bullet holes in vehicles and objects? I don't have any... wow_o.gif

Where are the promised bullet holes in vehicles and objects? I don't have any... wow_o.gif

1.08 =

No bullet holes, no textures for them either (poof).

Decreased velocity of sabot rounds.

Impossible to turn off engine while operating the gunner/commander (tanks).

Tanks will spin out of control/do it indef. if you switch to gunner position while moving (even 1km/h is enough).

1 Javelin = 1 dead T-72.

GG bis.  rofl.gif

After more examination it seems that helicopters are no longer so frail when you land.

Con to helicopters now though is the HDR problem that was in the beta beta is back. Basicly if you want to see the surrounding area in its proper lighting, fly in third person, otherwise that HDR is gonna bite you on the rear. I fear it may be back for nearly all vehicles..

Further performance test in the good ole North. To put it simplest..before if I wanted to go into a forest with good frame rates, I had to turn off grass, post processing, and shadows.

Now I can run with shaders on very high, terrain on very high, shadows on very high or low, anti aliasing on low and post processing on high or very high with a pretty good viewdistance and I can usually pull off 10FPS, not the greatest frame rate but a massive improvement in performance, and I don't even have one of those new big time cards.

All in all I'd say this is an excellent patch.

PS. Yes decals are drawn in vehicles from bullets but they aren't exactly fancy bullet hole decals, but they are drawn nonetheless.

I have them. There are only like 3 at a time though they disappear as you fire more shots into it. Im assuming it has to do with settings but I am not really sure just try raising something or another.

Forgot to mention, so far the only objects I have tried are the bus (only worked on the metal parts) and a rock.

1.08 =

BI never promised holes.

They promised:

Quote[/b] ]* Bullet impact is now visualised also on all objects and vehicles

And I most certainly see marks on all vehicles and objects when I shoot them.

1.08 =

BI never promised holes.

They promised:

Quote[/b] ]* Bullet impact is now visualised also on all objects and vehicles

And I most certainly see marks on all vehicles and objects when I shoot them.

Yes, indeed, well, mate thats the least that worries me and the MP community. ))

I can spray a line across an M113 with a 249 on mine. pistols.gif

Im only seeing 5 decals at a time maximum and thier just black circles not actually decals, is there a way to increase the number?

Iroquois Pliskin

Seems you suffer from persistant trolling, I prescribe a 48HR PR

just finished downloading it, took 5 hours banghead.gif but im a bit confused as to how to install, do you have to completly re-install??

just finished downloading it, took 5 hours banghead.gif but im a bit confused as to how to install, do you have to completly re-install??

No.

i had to reinstall. something about corrupt campaign init. no problem tho.

1.08 is a great improvement - looks upgraded and performance too!

Quote[/b] ]Tanks will spin out of control/do it indef. if you switch to gunner position while moving (even 1km/h is enough).

1 Javelin = 1 dead T-72.

Yes, that is realism for you, gosh darn it.

I Forgot: The aircraft are definately more controllable, I don't know how to feel about that yet tounge2.gif (having fun, but want the challenge of a more realistic setting... must be at the perfect level)

Tried Convoy, Sanitation, and a mission I made up. Most impressive FPS and beauty.. thumbs-up.gif

Im only seeing 5 decals at a time maximum and thier just black circles not actually decals, is there a way to increase the number?

It may vary with vehicle weaponry vs infantry, but when I used a DSHK from a UAZ against a AH-1Z, I counted around 14 decals, and that I believe was shaders on high...can't say for certain because I was messing around with the grass at the time.

I'll do more testing later with aircraft, armor, cars and of course infantry weapons.

I'm angry, the only servers I can get on are european, and all are over 100 ping, and usually i'm kicked for having a high ping.

In addition to my new custom face being pale and being unable to use the FDF sound mod...

Whats the install procedure for this patch if i have the U.S. beta 1.07 patch? Thx.

This thread for feedback to?

Performance increase yay.gif  But still that annoying cockpit flicker in some of the heli's. Evrything else looking pretty good atm smile_o.gif Even some of the missions are now different smile_o.gif

Cockpit flicker?  Is it from the sun throught the rotorblades?

Much better performance, trees look a little less detailed, but the forest performance is top notch!  I've used a sound mod for some time and can't reallly remember what they sounded like, but sounds like they have changed a bit..

Overall fantastic effort BIS!  I'll get into the aircraft after work..  inlove.gif  biggrin_o.gif

No mate, not sun or shadows,some kind of blur, unblur that was happening with the 2nd 1.05 beta ( maybe just for 8800 users ).

Ive changed my settings again now,turned off AA and AF and havent noticed it since. smile_o.gif

Whats the install procedure for this patch if i have the U.S. beta 1.07 patch? Thx.

Just install the V1.08 patch by running the installer, and toss the shortcut to the Beta and the MOD directory it used. The beta didn't overwrite any game files and can be removed easily and cleanly.

Great patch!! after I got the securom 7100 error fixed with help from maruk all has been running great, and the game has never looked better :-) Thanks BIS