Sign in to follow this  
The_Nebula

Patch 1.08 - Released!

CanadianTerror and caas1

sounds as we have similar problems...

everything worked fine until this patch wich suddenly made things very unstable...

can you post you system specs and game settings?

i think that would help both us and BIS...

Hello,

After installing the patch, all weapons are gone. I can't see my own weapon as well as enemy's weapons. On www.armed-assault.net I some some reactions from other people who have the same problem. Only no one seems to have a solution.

Please advise on how to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

After installing the patch, all weapons are gone. I can't see my own weapon as well as enemy's weapons. On www.armed-assault.net I some some reactions from other people who have the same problem. Only no one seems to have a solution.

Please advise on how to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance.

banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

ok done pissing off

check your addon folder, make sure that you remove all the 3rd party addons from there, now copy them into different mod folder (format like: ArmA/@your addons/addons )

make sure that they are all sorted into a clear format so you know which is which

now check these addons with -mod=@your addons startup command line in your desktop shortcut after " one by one to see which single/group of addons is the bugger, if there is, update them with newest version pro 1.07/1.08 version

Quote[/b] ]Hello,

Please advise on how to solve this problem

there is a problem if in one of addons there is

class rifle:mgun{};

it can be in any addon, weapon, vehicle, sound mod or other

and if you have addons, than upload newest versions, because some addonmakers changed their configs since 1.07 released

and what concerns patch 1.08 - it is first version of ARMA working good for me (huh, since december premiere it is almost 8 months)

Very satisfied with 1.08,improved my fps big time and overall looks like a completed game,the only major problem I have is with the chopper support wich is useless now if AI pilot them.

A few rounds from the T72 machinegun and those Cobras go down in seconds because they don't know any avoiding procedures,sometimes they go down even before they reach the battle.I tried to keep'em away from it,but still any armor with a machine gun can bring them down fast even from large distances.

Other than this I'm very happy with Arma 1.08.

CanadianTerror and caas1

sounds as we have similar problems...

everything worked fine until this patch wich suddenly made things very unstable...

can you post you system specs and game settings?

i think that would help both us and BIS...

Should be resolved (workaround more) by the following steps:

[*] Add: -maxmem=256 (or 512 (just test)) to your startup parameter of the arma shortcut

[*] Stay away from Low & Very Low Settings for Shader & Textures.

Guest Ti0n3r

Haven't touched the game since buggy CZ version 1.02... And then I bought the EU version yesterday. Armed Assault 1.08 inlove.gif

Quote[/b] ] Stay away from Low & Very Low Settings for Shader & Textures.

Why is that?

Haven't touched the game since buggy CZ version 1.02... And then I bought the EU version yesterday. Armed Assault 1.08 inlove.gif
Quote[/b] ] Stay away from Low & Very Low Settings for Shader & Textures.

Why is that?

I would guess it's because they look terrible, and don't seem to help performance (except maybe on very low end PCs).

Average PC should never need to set them below normal.

i have all shadings and shadows on very high, but then i have terrain detail on very low, becouse the grass causes lag....

i wish there where a grass setting... so you could set the grass level to like... Off, very low, low, normal, high, very high and insane :P

i would use very low then...

or maybe low...

thats something for BIS to add to the next patch...

I wholeheartly agree.

I just hate the low geometry resolution on the lower landsape settings ( and it can be even dangerous when you fly in 10 meters at about 1200 klicks per hour ).

On the other hand the grass adds no real gameplay advantage and costs precious fps.

Make the grass adjustable!

Guest Ti0n3r
Quote[/b] ]

I would guess it's because they look terrible, and don't seem to help performance (except maybe on very low end PCs).

Average PC should never need to set them below normal.

I see. Thought he meant it could have some negative impact on performance.

Anyway, from what I can tell setting textures to Very Low is kind of stupid since even my shitty 6600 is able to handle it on Very High with the same performance as on Very Low (other settings have to be on very low or off though).

Bung a tough guy script on them.

Doesn't work,with a tough guy script on pilots and Cobra the chopper gunner won't die so easy with it,but still the Cobra goes down very fast in 90% cases even with the script on it.I'm assuming the T72 machine gun snipers tounge2.gif target and hit the gunner or something vital in the chopper most of the time in 1.08.

I'd really like the next patch to add an option for totally disabling grass as well, without changing terrain detail, because it is broken at present.

because it is broken at present.

That depends on the pc your playing ArmA on.

I like the grass now that the enemy doesn't see me thru it untill I fire a shot.

So if your able to turn yours off... you would have an advantage over me.

The terrain values are pre-set in multiplayer my the map maker, so everyone playing gets the same values.

That depends on the pc your playing ArmA on.

I like the grass now that the enemy doesn't see me thru it untill I fire a shot.

So if your able to turn yours off... you would have an advantage over me.

No, the grass is still broken. The patch improved it slightly, but the AI can still see you as if it were on a bare island, while humans CANNOT see out of the grass in most cases.

The grass is too long; IRL you can raise yourself on your elbows and have better vision even with thick grass than in arma anyway. My PC is plenty capable of rendering the grass, the grass is just rubbish.

I'm not suggesting I should be the only person able to turn grass off. It should be able to be disabled by the mission/ server without affecting terrain detail.

i have all shadings and shadows on very high, but then i have terrain detail on very low, becouse the grass causes lag....

i wish there where a grass setting... so you could set the grass level to like... Off, very low, low, normal, high, very high and insane :P

or maybe low...

BSI - please listen to this. A seperate grass setting is much needed in the options setup.

It would be great if this were part of the next (or future) patch.

Thanks!

or maybe low...

BSI - please listen to this. A seperate grass setting is much needed in the options setup.

It would be great if this were part of the next (or future) patch.

Thanks!

eh? you set the grass by setting the 'terrain level". LOW is NO grass, ect... it works fine, like for the last two months...

The grass is too long; IRL you can raise yourself on your elbows and have better vision even with thick grass than in arma anyway.

HOLY SHIT DUDE!

Now that is a good idea to change the human instead of the grass. If your taking a knee and when your standing you can lean left and right. If your on the ground you could roll the "die hard" way.

How about they cut out that die hard stuff, and change it so you can raise or lower your upperbody while prone? You can also duck behind objects quickly when fired upon! Like when your prone behind rocks or fallen trees and whatnot!

wow_o.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gif

eh? you set the grass by setting the 'terrain level". LOW is NO grass, ect... it works fine, like for the last two months...

PLEASE read what other people have already said: we don't want the (pointless, only eye-candy, machine killing) grass but we do want the (useful, giving cover) terrain detail

yes, we know about the current "no grass" setting... but we want a separate setting for the grass only, so you can set the amount of grass visible including OFF (and possibly also the distance grass is visible from the player...)

About ver. 1.08, i have a problem :

I can't join some MP servers which are shown with 1.08 in the server browser.

When I try to enter I got "Bad version, rejected by server..."

Why ?

Is there different 1.08 versions ?

About ver. 1.08, i have a problem :

I can't join some MP servers which are shown with 1.08 in the server browser.

When I try to enter I got "Bad version, rejected by server..."

Why ?

Is there different 1.08 versions ?

Are you using mods? Some servers block mods.