Sign in to follow this  
The_Nebula

Patch 1.08 - Released!

Might I suggest writing up a detailed description of the "missing rifles problem" on the wiki, and just handing out the link whenever someone asks about it?

EDIT: I've begun writing up the article here.

Might I suggest writing up a detailed description of the "missing rifles problem" on the wiki, and just handing out the link whenever someone asks about it?

Good Job Maddog. Last time I understood that when one wants to add something to the wiki, one must go through all kinds of official ways, which kinda backed me off from writing anything at the wiki. Seeing how quick you setup this page.. I guess it aint that a hassle afterall. I will try to contribute to the wiki myself aswell in the future. If you want help on this page just let me know.

Sry for the, altough related, offtopic

Good Job Maddog. Last time I understood that when one wants to add something to the wiki, one must go through all kinds of official ways, which kinda backed me off from writing anything at the wiki. Seeing how quick you setup this page.. I guess it aint that a hassle afterall. I will try to contribute to the wiki myself aswell in the future. If you want help on this page just let me know.

Sry for the, altough related, offtopic

Ok, the article is finished as far as I can tell. Feel free to edit/ammend it at will.

I wasn't aware of any restrictions as to creating articles on the Wiki, so I just went ahead with it. If there is a problem with it, I'm sure someone will take it down.

Ok, the article is finished as far as I can tell. Feel free to edit/ammend it at will.

I wasn't aware of any restrictions as to creating articles on the Wiki, so I just went ahead with it. If there is a problem with it, I'm sure someone will take it down.

Nice Job mate! Now my only problem is that we don't have a Community Manager or equilevant...

What I mean with this is that now you, me, and some ppl that were watching this thread now saw this wiki link, and possibly copy/paste the link to new questions etc. But there will be others that will not.

Weekly newsletters or monthly like Placebo did, but then maybe free by some of the Community members might be an idea to bring these kinds of things to light?

Maybe we could set something up with the Mods so we get a thread to update them on wiki entries, while if they respond to someone's problem or thread close, they can bump in the Wiki link etc?

Also, it might be important to have a wiki about modfolders and their importance. If the Addon creators would all link to that wiki from their readme and support it, it could become a real standard. If there is such wiki, then my bad, but then it exactly makes my point; there might be a wiki with the info but how many times is it linked to in the forums? 0 ? once? twice? smile_o.gif

Also, the stuff about "Movement Jerkyness" / "Lagging" etc, might be a good one to get inside a wiki. But maybe we should add those to the FAQ pages and not have a page each or something?

Just spitting out some ideas on how to get the "Repeat the same 1000 times over with loss of information, and time" smile_o.gif

Armed assault is so much enjoyable now. The 3D grenade launcher sites were a good addition, though more like a work in progress. I particularly like the maximum unzoomed optics, it really increases FOV and orientation for CQB.

Armed assault is so much enjoyable now.  The 3D grenade launcher sites were a good addition, though more like a work in progress.  I particularly like the maximum unzoomed optics, it really increases FOV and orientation for CQB.

this new FOV is designed to enable by double tap you numpad "-" key, its a little bit bugged as if you remove TIR control from zoom in it would stay that way, not big problem for me through as its very good for CQB for me

Hi,

as i cant find anything to search the thread, my question:

Are savesgames affected when installing the patch ?

huh.gif

thanks guys!

Hi,

as i cant find anything to search the thread, my question:

Are savesgames affected when installing the patch ?

huh.gif

thanks guys!

No you don´t have to worry about them wink_o.gif

Would be intresting to know what things BIS has added to AI. Shame that all of them aren't listed.

From Main new features:

Quote[/b] ]Various AI, UI, gameplay and stability improvements and tweaks

What all this AI-part holds inside??? AI seems to be smarter and "human"-like. Not enough experience with AI in 1.08 yet, but it feels somewhat better now.

Finally Howitzers shoot at MBT's! This adds lots to mission making: I got AT-guns finally yay.gif

Version 1.08 feels very good: Nothing negative to say about it. This is ArmA that i can consider already to be final, few things are still bit odd, but no biggies.

BIG SALUTATION TO BIS thumbs-up.gif

i have a huge CTD problem with 1.08....

the game crashes without error message after about 10-15 minutes...

no addons used...

does anyone else have that problem?

i run on a AMD Atlon 64 4200+ X2

Geforce 7900GT

Windows XP

2gb RAM

everything on high exept shadows and shading that is on very high...

Well another thing i noticed is the thing with the bridges.

I have a mission on Mapfact Sahranie and there are jeep's and trucks driving across the map after 30 min. of playing all vehicles end up in a mess on places where bridges are. crazy_o.gif

http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/2068/arma2007062122101006nc9.jpg

All the marker's on the map are vehicles and like you can see most of them do not make it over the bridge.

That's really very annoying. banghead.gif

Please watch your image sizes - 100kb is the limit - Fubar

no addons used...

Geforce 7900GT

Windows XP

2gb RAM

I have the same problem with all the versions of the game, no matter graphical or sound options. I can't start the campaign, because i have that CTD without error message and the start of the intro, for example, all times :roll:

AMD Athlon 64 3700+

Gforce 6800 XT

Windows XP

1 gb RAM

no addons used...

Geforce 7900GT

Windows XP

2gb RAM

I have the same problem with all the versions of the game, no matter graphical or sound options. I can't start the campaign, because i have that CTD without error message and the start of the intro, for example, all times :roll:

AMD Athlon 64 3700+

Gforce 6800 XT

Windows XP

1 gb RAM

Are you guys using the 94.24 Forceware drivers by any chance? Try the 160.03 from Guru3D. That solved my CTD problem.

Also, if you have only 1Gb of RAM, you might need to use the -maxmem=512 parameter.

Are you guys using the 94.24 Forceware drivers by any chance? Try the 160.03 from Guru3D. That solved my CTD problem.

Also, if you have only 1Gb of RAM, you might need to use the -maxmem=512 parameter.

Yes, i was using the 94.24 drivers, but i had the same problem with the 93.71 drivers too, and i am using the -maxmem parameter, but i have always the CTD without error, and i have to kill the arma.exe in the task manager.

I will try the 160.03 then.

Edit: No success, i still have the same problem.

i have 2gb DDR2 ram... well enough...

im not using the 94.24 drivers (didnt know they had released new ones since November), probably have the 93.71 (if nothing have changed without my knowledge)

the problems started the moment i installed the 1.08 patch... 1.07beta ran perfectly, and so did all previous patches...

actually... with 1.08 patch i have had my first CTD wich isnt becouse anything i have done myself....

i have 2gb DDR2 ram... well enough...

im not using the 94.24 drivers (didnt know they had released new ones since November), probably have the 93.71 (if nothing have changed without my knowledge)

the problems started the moment i installed the 1.08 patch... 1.07beta ran perfectly, and so did all previous patches...

actually... with 1.08 patch i have had my first CTD wich isnt becouse anything i have done myself....

oh, maybe i should point out that the CTD mostly happens when i load something....

like a new island in the editor, try to preview a game in the editor, load a new mission or things like that..

and the ctd wont occur until after atleast 10 minutes of playing...

then i get a instant CTD without error message and the game is completely terminated from the task manager....

I'm getting a crash after 10- 15 minutes as well. No warning, no slowdown. When it crashes I don't have to kill the task in task manager. It runs fairly well until then.

Got an AMD 3500+

2 Gig ram

Arma 1.08

latest directx

creative audigy 1 soundcard

geforce 6800 GTS (yes yes, I know this is the weak point)

i solved the problem, but i dont know if it was the new Nvidia drivers (94.24) or -maxmem=1500 (i have 2gb ram as i said) that solved the problem...

i think it was the later...

so, if you have 2gb ram, add -maxmem=1500 at the end of your shortcut (so it looks something like this "E:\Program\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -maxmem=1500 )

i belive that will solve the problem...

i solved the problem, but i dont know if it was the new Nvidia drivers (94.24) or -maxmem=1500 (i have 2gb ram as i said) that solved the problem...

i think it was the later...

so, if you have 2gb ram, add -maxmem=1500 at the end of your shortcut (so it looks something like this "E:\Program\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -maxmem=1500 )

i belive that will solve the problem...

When I had 1Gig of RAM, I used -maxmem=512 to get ArmA to run decently. Now with 2Gig it seems best to run without the parameter. I tried -maxmem=1536 earlier but it just seemed to cause a CTD for me. Some people may have different results though.

The 94.24 drivers seemed to cause bad freezing and CTDs with ArmA after more than about 30 minutes of play.

Also, since upgrading to 2Gig of RAM I seem to get the least texture issues when I set Texture Detail to very high huh.gif Guess ArmA also handles streaming differently at different texture settings.

to me it sounds as arma handles differently on just about every system, and it doesnt matter what type of computer ppl have...

so, basically it´s down to pure luck how good arma handles....

right now i get arma to run pretty stable...

but thats only since i installed the 94.24 nvidia drivers and added -maxmem=1500 as startup parameter...

but on some systems the same things makes arma crash or run very unstable...

Mine doesnt seem to be crashing any more now; I reinstalled and have been running without any mods. I also didn't use the maxmem parameter since I have 2Gb ram.

i have got the CTD problem back....

i wonder what the hell might be the problem...

Does anyone know what some (or all) of the new units are in the Armory? I unlocked everything prior to the patch and now there's a ton of new crap which I'm not looking forward to unlocking...

with 1.05 I have an occasional lockup , now with 1.08 every single game either CDT, or a complete lockup :-( I did a fresh reinstall and it doesn't matter