Sign in to follow this  
adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

Here's something I'm working on:

ohh.. i want.. i love you! (well.. not in THAT way) wink_o.gif

what version will there be?

will there for example be a AH-60 DAP?

(you might remember it from the BAS blackhawks pack for OFP)

some SF blackhawks is just what this game needs..

together with some nice 160th SOAR pilots for all those nice SF insertions smile_o.gif

Here's something I'm working on:

Now, I'm no expert- but shouldn't special ops Blackhawks have refueling booms?

im no expert either but i thing there are several versions.. MH-60K, MH-60L, MH-60M?, AH-60DAP (wich has one helluva lot of weapons but no cargo space)

so if it has external fuel tanks i belive depends on what version and if they are mounted or not..

also, some of the versions have refueling probes for in flight refueling.

Finally gotten my RDS (República Democrática de Sahrani) policemen (and police marked UAZ) into the game...

tbrrds1cd5.jpg

tbrrds2sb5.jpg

I suspect they are quite a bit away from release, though. I'm getting some irritating errors in the rpt-file (oh, and the UAZ totally lacks animations).

Some Fictional Sahrani Produced Rifles:

lol2is7.jpg

lol3ba7.jpg

lol4qr9.jpg

Hope you like em'. Polycount for pilot-viev is about 2500  smile_o.gif

looks like a clean enough start without seeing any wire frames, but excuse me for stating the obvious that you need to spend a little time on your sharp and smooth faces to rectify the strange lighting on your model.

[edit]

and on reflection/missed it the last time, you could happily spend another couple of thousand faces on that weapon in pilot view.

Finally gotten my RDS (República Democrática de Sahrani) policemen (and police marked UAZ) into the game...

p><p>I suspect they are quite a bit away from release, though. I

Very nice.. You know about the vanilla Police UAZ that came with the latest release? http://forums.bistudio.com/oldsmileys/tounge2.gif' alt='tounge2.gif'>

Very nice.. You know about the vanilla Police UAZ that came with the latest release?  tounge2.gif

Thanks!

Yeah, I have a vague memory of seeing one (I know of the Milicia one, which is the basis of my civilian version), but as I remember it it was a Skoda. I'm probably dreaming, or remembering someoneelses addon...

Krystian - i remember how i made for my OFP Nogovian infantry fictional Nogova Production Sa-58 in few variants (lmg, sniper, full rifle, nato , commando)

hehe

nice to see such Sahrani Production smile_o.gif

how will you call it ? G-35 ?

my suggestion - lmg like RPK too

SouthSahraniWeaponIndrusties AssaultRifle 2005 =

SSWI Ar-05, with friends, ar 05   smile_o.gif . Yes, the smooth and sharp edges are under work ATM.  wink_o.gif

@maza94, Nice units u got there m8. how many variants? Rifleman, machinegunner, crewman etc etc.. ? keep it up wink_o.gif

@maza94, Nice units u got there m8. how many variants? Rifleman, machinegunner, crewman etc etc.. ? keep it up  wink_o.gif

Now i have solider in 3 variants, officer, grenadier, prisoner.

But i will make michinegunner, sniper ( i have no ideas help! ), team leader ( drużynowy ), squad leader ( plutonowy ) and medic.

If Sniper Skull wanted to contribute to these forums then perhaps he shouldn't have got himself a permanent ban.

Posting messages from banned members contravenes the forum rules.

http://www.suckysuckylongtime.com/project_folder/m1009_small.jpg

Small side project away from work. just a diffuse texture atm, maybe 30% done.

Posting WIP for Sniper...

nice sniperskull , keep us updated by proxy  smile_o.gif

ok then sniperskull dont keep us updated even by proxy because aparently your name is mud around here .... confused_o.gif  band.gif

hey psssst .. maybe change yer name ? .......... rofl.gif  nener.gif

hey waitaminit mad_o.gif so actually posting a quote of a post that is by a banned member .. oh noes does this mean i too am guilty ? ...............

help.gif

ff1fq5.jpg

I would place the details of surface on normal map.

Analogically on the front of vehicle.

You can also save on some wheel segments - edges I marked - by using normal map to give wheel convbex/concave shape instead of using mesh for the same purpose.

Finally the little holes could be faked with texture and those little rings seem a bit too complex.

@ July 23 2008,22:49)]by using normal map to give wheel convbex/concave shape instead of using mesh for the same purpose.

I disagree - as soon as you look the wheel at an acute enough angle, the normal map will cease to 'trick' your eye into thinking the tyre has a convex shape, and it will become a flat sided tyre again. On something as prevelant and 'important' as the tyres, I'd go with the mesh every time.

Normal maps are fine for faking small bits of detail, but for something that size, it will look far worse in my opinion, and I seriously doubt you'd gain any sort of performance or efficiency increase by sacrificing those faces on the tyres in favour of normal maps.

@ July 23 2008,22:49)]by using normal map to give wheel convbex/concave shape instead of using mesh for the same purpose.

I disagree - as soon as you look the wheel at an acute enough angle, the normal map will cease to 'trick' your eye into thinking the tyre has a convex shape, and it will become a flat sided tyre again. On something as prevelant and 'important' as the tyres, I'd go with the mesh every time.

Ok, I agree.

Still I see no justification for the right-most edge. It's on the flat surface of the side of the wheel. crazy_o.gif

And BTW: I am sure you are aware we are using a normal map for entire surface of vehicle anyway, so there would be a performance gain.

Using normal map for half the vehicle would be counter-productive, we'd have additional sections that would hurt performance.

Not quite sure, the lighting is a little off on the wheels, so its hard to tells whats going on.

As for the normal map, well of course, but I don't think you'd notice a performance gain or loss by making the engine normal map a large convex wheel, as apposed to adding the extra 60 faces a wheel (well, at best guess, it obviously comes down to how many sides those wheels have). It would be interesting to test, but I doubt it would be noticeable if there was a gain or loss on such a model.

On my current normal map for a wheeled vehicle, I let the mesh convex the tyre, but then the normal map deals with the tyre brand names, ridges, tread and various bolts and small details. It seems to work quite nicely - best of both worlds, so to speak.