Sign in to follow this  
adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

Not at this time, I am making it AS REAL AS POSSIBLE, and every building there(or better said block of flats) its almost same(in real-life), so its good now. wink_o.gif

I think you should have a look at your streetlamp-net by night,

i would bet so many streetlamps come around with wierd lighting effects. whistle.gif

Not at this time, I am making it AS REAL AS POSSIBLE, and every building there(or better said block of flats) its almost same(in real-life), so its good now. wink_o.gif

I think you should have a look at your streetlamp-net by night,

i would bet so many streetlamps come around with wierd lighting effects.  whistle.gif

Already working on it. wink_o.gif

Opteryx how does it play? Does it get bad frames at times with all those trees or what.

Opteryx how does it play? Does it get bad frames at times with all those trees or what.

hihi ^^

i wouldn't even ask icon_rolleyes.gif

ps- depends on your PC specifications. wink_o.gif

Hey, I think I'm going to release the source data for Applegate because it doesn't look like have the time to finish it.

Then people can finish it/mod it to their on desired specifications.

My first pathetic attempt at 'addon making' (retexturing) a Cobra into the Iranian variant

Am using this as a reference :

Cobra_Relaxation.jpg

Does anyone know a trick in photoshop to get on the nails and dirt textures(from the orginal Cobra BIS) to appear over the new layer or do i have to remake that too?  confused_o.gif

Am literally a noobie at this just manged to crack how to get the textures hahaArmA_2008-07-12_16-27-14-10.jpg

Gods knows if I can pull this off  rofl.gif

p.s yea am prolly make the como abit more like the pic....(bigger)

Take the original layer with all the details, desaturate that. Get the layer above the Iranian color layer. The Desaturated layer needs to be on hard light, the colorversion should be kept on normal. play around with the lighting of the desaturated layer and opacity to get a good result.

or desaturate and increase the brightness and contrast of the original, and paint over the top on a 'multiply' layer.

ArmA_2008-07-12_18-30-00-90.jpg

Thanks alot for the help biggrin_o.gif

But for some reason the BIS logo has appeared.  crazy_o.gif   whistle.gif

Also am starting to scratch off the marines bit....now.

thats the clan sign. looks like you are using a model form the released MLODs. If you dont want it there just delete the face.

Really nice map Opteryx...

Maby your the guy who can make a BIIIIIIG island

like the Australian guy was working on...

Really really big.. notworthy.gif

thats the clan sign. looks like you are using a model form the released MLODs. If you dont want it there just delete the face.

That is the easy way but it makes the clansign not working anymore. It is also possible to do it configwise I believe so the clan sign stays functional.

Thanks for the help lads, last screenie for today. Hopefully this should be done very soon if all goes well.

ArmA_2008-07-12_22-54-09-07.jpg

looking good:) watch out with the filesize wink_o.gif

AliCobra1.jpg

AliCobra2.jpg

AliCobra3.jpg

AliCobra4.jpg

getting close but I cant figure what that white rectangle texture is below the glass.

getting close but I cant figure what that white rectangle texture is below the glass.

I believe it's the part of the squad.xml/clan selection that displays the pilot's username.

thats also part of the clan sign - it puts the name of the person/clan (one of the two, can't remember) up as defined by the squad.xml - nothing for you to worry about.

[edit] bah, too slow tounge2.gif

Ok guys I want to test ingame but have no idea how to config it into a PBO....  rofl.gif

This is what my folder looks like :

untitled_2.jpg

I know I dont need all of those files but am not sure what to do.  confused_o.gif

Yes that is correct.

<squad nick="ESN">

<name>Example Squad Name</name>

<email>email@example.com</email>

<web>www.example.com</web>

<picture>example_logo.paa</picture>

<title>Use this e.g. for your squads name or your squads URL</title>

The bold text makes the title show up in the square.

Also see here for more information about the squad xml.

Looking good.

Are you going to remove the optics, the engine exhaust and 2 of the blades to make it look more like an Iranian model?

Maybe but definitely not in the first release. I did have a look at in the bulldozer without the optics but it left a gap which needed filling, and I don't know how to model but maybe later.

AH1Z_Cobra.jpg

EDIT :

Dead3yez had been working on the config like crazy and we just a few problems and the main one being that the rotars don't spin, any help is appericated.

doest have a mode.cfg? or class cfgmodels in the config.cpp?

did you define the bones ?

if yes then make sure the rotor animation part in cfgmodels or models.cfg has this line

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> type = "rotation";