Sign in to follow this  
CameronMcDonald

1st Infantry Division

BTW, no further bugs noticed, full release of replacement pack will be done soon.

I'm not sure if this is a model issue or replacement pack issue but I'm gonna point out again the bug when looking down the ironsights of the Commanders M2 on the M1A1. It is pretty obvious to see if you wiggle the M2 up and down.

Unable to reproduce just off hand. I just tried the crewman model, and there was no issue on my end with that. Is it specific to one of the models? I assume so, and will check to try and figure out which model it is. In any case, I would think that it's not a replacement issue, as whether the replacement unit, or the actual unit the replacement depends on is used, the issue would probably be the same.

For example, if a piece of the basic rifleman's gear gets in the way with the replacement, then using cameron's rifleman A should yield the same result.

Regardless, I'll look into testing the exact problem out.

BTW, no further bugs noticed, full release of replacement pack will be done soon.

I'm not sure if this is a model issue or replacement pack issue but I'm gonna point out again the bug when looking down the ironsights of the Commanders M2 on the M1A1. It is pretty obvious to see if you wiggle the M2 up and down.

Unable to reproduce just off hand.  I just tried the crewman model, and there was no issue on my end with that.  Is it specific to one of the models?  I assume so, and will check to try and figure out which model it is.  In any case, I would think that it's not a replacement issue, as whether the replacement unit, or the actual unit the replacement depends on is used, the issue would probably be the same.

For example, if a piece of the basic rifleman's gear gets in the way with the replacement, then using cameron's rifleman A should yield the same result.

Regardless, I'll look into testing the exact problem out.

Well I am unaware whether it has to do with the type of unit. All I know is a few times before I went into the editor while trying some stuff out and placed myself as the commander of an M1A1 (with replacement pack installed). Upon loading the game I would unbutton the hatch and press V to look down the ironsights. There would be something which appeared to be an ACU-patterned bandana stretching across the screen left to right and it would stay horizontally still, meaning adjusting elevation could move it out of the way while changing the bearing wouldnt do jack.

I would gladly take a screenshot but since I recently switched some of the commanders optics around I cannot reproduce this bug anymore.

I suppose at this point it wouldnt be worth checking it out unless someone else reports it- it could just be my computer or inconvenient circumstances.

Yeah, I did a run through with *all* the units after replacement, and could not reproduce it on any of them. Is it possible that you where running a mod that changed something related to that to cause it?

Anyways, I'm 90% certain that it's not a bug with either the replacement pack or the original models, so there's nothing for me to do about it.

Cameron, small bug found. A couple of the light guys are missing wound textures for the facial area.

Edit:

Another small bug found. I noticed that the back of the nvgs are bright green at night (which is as it should be), but since they're not flush as they should be, from certain rear arc angles, a group of men wearing nvgs end up sparkling green now and again when 75-150 meters away (at least with my graphics settings). I suggest that you just make the inside of the nvgs black, instead of drawing that little bright green circle no-one is likely to ever notice anyways.

Probably so he probably using Truemods which zooms in a bit more .

Yeah, I was using a custom (unedited init zoom from stock TrueMods) version of TrueMods.

Just out of curiousity, do ya'll use the M16A4 more than the M4?

Both, we got some M16A4s floating around, but we use the M4 mainly.

Well the funny thing is, that the "normal" and light are practically the same.  We're wearing the same gear that I wore when I deployed with 1-4 CAV, and now that I'm in 3rd BCT, we're wearing the same amount of gear but with knee and elbow pads.

Everyone we had with M16A4s or Non-M4 were meant to be considered marksmen with the purpose of extending the team's effective engagement range.

Is it the same with you?

Yup, all are SDM's got M16A4s, though they're talking about M14s, but that's for the future to hold on that one...

BTW our support units all got M4s, with CCOs as well. I think they also got lasers, but then again not too sure myself, nor do I honestly concern myself about it though..

Just out of curiousity, do ya'll use the M16A4 more than the M4?

Both, we got some M16A4s floating around, but we use the M4 mainly.

Well the funny thing is, that the "normal" and light are practically the same. We're wearing the same gear that I wore when I deployed with 1-4 CAV, and now that I'm in 3rd BCT, we're wearing the same amount of gear but with knee and elbow pads.

Everyone we had with M16A4s or Non-M4 were meant to be considered marksmen with the purpose of extending the team's effective engagement range.

Is it the same with you?

Yup, all are SDM's got M16A4s, though they're talking about M14s, but that's for the future to hold on that one...

BTW our support units all got M4s, with CCOs as well. I think they also got lasers, but then again not too sure myself, nor do I honestly concern myself about it though..

What!? Pogues getting M4s? Wow...especially with attachments, that's insane. When I was in a Support unit, the only ones getting M4s were the people who had absolutely no need for them ie: Platoon Sergeant and up, they even had Eotech mounts. Funny thing was, none of them knew how to calibrate the Eotech scopes, so they deployed with their weapons un-zeroed for the scopes. Fortunately, none of them were ever in any danger.

Well it's the Army strategy and procurement way. Some actually have just a BUIS and that's it. Some also got PEQ-15s and BUISs so it's just on what people are doing. Then again they don't have taclights so the world isn't going to totally end smile_o.gif But yeah it's nice to be part of a standing up Brigade. I mean even us FISTers got a good part of the deal where we don't have to scrounge for all the Hooah stuff and got our lasers and scopes. The only thing I had to pay for was my Surefire, as we weren't going to get them, so yeah we got the shaft kinda but overall we're good to go on gear.

in the 101st everybody gets an M-4 except some engineer and support units (IE finance and the like) this is just because we dont have enough M-4s for everybody. yet......most get M68s line units get ACOGS as well, and PEQ2s, PAC4s and PEQ-15s.

we did not get the SPR version of the M-16. Instead they "found" hundreds of M-14s stored on Ft Campbell and broke the seals on the cases.

Quote[/b] ]we did not get the SPR version of the M-16. Instead they "found" hundreds of M-14s stored on Ft Campbell and broke the seals on the cases.

Sounds like a good trade to me.

Yeah all we got are PEQ-15s, and we got ACOGs and such, but our SDMs have yet to get some M14s though..

Is there any way I can make these guys my default Blufor soldiers.

There is a replacement pack download a few pages back.

I looked back a far as page 59 but I can't find it.

I looked back a far as page 59 but I can't find it.

That's because there is like..2-3 pages of spam where people asked if there was a replacement pack, be answered in the affirmative..only the be answered wiht another person asking about a replacement pack.

I know the cause of the bug concerning the aircraft HUDs, I had hoped that nothing would happen, since riflemen don't usually fly in aircraft, but it seems that the default man class has been overwritten in the replacement.

- My units have the POV point (camera) moved from where BIS originally had it, which was anatomically wrong, to the level of the eyes, which is where it should be (and is why the weapons look better, at least IMHO, when using a 1ID bloke instead of the standard BIS dudes).

I will return the point to normal in the next update, when it happens.

- I will also look into those face wounds too.

Please, pardon my lack of updates, but I've been working my arse off away from home for the last 2 weeks; hence, I haven't had much time to spare for modding. I will be back in the game once I return home; fear not. smile_o.gif Thanks for your continued interest.

it seems that the default man class has been overwritten in the replacement

Nope, it doesn't have any effect on the player if they're using SF units, non US units, or (heaven forbid) an actual pilot to fly their planes. The only reason it's a complaint for some people is going to be certain mp mission styles. *cough* Evolution *cough* biggrin_o.gif

Personally, I wouldn't stress it too much if it's a pain to fix. It is of course up to you though, being that they're your units.

Very nice addon, i will give it a try and hope to found it pleasant. smile_o.gif

I tell you not to bother.

It's much better now. Only evo players can complain - in which case use the damn DOT not the hud. rofl.gif

Everything is fine for me.

Wepons look much better.

@ Mar. 04 2008,11:51)]

I tell you not to bother.

It's much better now. Only evo players can complain - in which case use the damn DOT not the hud. rofl.gif

Everything is fine for me.

Wepons look much better.

+1 screw the evo players. They should be using a pilot model for realism anyways.

Sorry if this has been said, but I just downloaded these and found a slight bug/problem on my computer...

When you make your character look straight down, and then look at his shoulders, his shoulderblades stick far up above his uniform. Now, Im not saying its the addon for sure, it might just be my system[i *think* I have seen this problem on the standard BIS models as well]..

Ill get pics in an hour or so and put up a link to an image. if you could let me know if its the animations, my computer smile_o.gif, or something else, that would be awesome!

Till then, These are AWESOME!

Sorry if this has been said, but I just downloaded these and found a slight bug/problem on my computer...

When you make your character look straight down, and then look at his shoulders, his shoulderblades stick far up above his uniform. Now, Im not saying its the addon for sure, it might just be my system[i *think* I have seen this problem on the standard BIS models as well]..

Ill get pics in an hour or so and put up a link to an image. if you could let me know if its the animations, my computer smile_o.gif, or something else, that would be awesome!

Till then, These are AWESOME!

Unless your gcard is overheating, this shouldn't be a hardware problem.

Holy shit! Checking the CP thread... excellent, amazing! These guys look (almost) more realistic than the silly fellas in US Army photos! biggrin_o.gif

BIS should've hired you to make the units for the game. tounge2.gif