Sign in to follow this  
CameronMcDonald

1st Infantry Division

Stupendous work Cameron and everyone who helped you to make these wonderful blokes. Kudos to NSX for his amazing shots!

Quote[/b] ]Q) I see you have given each unit class unique camo. Wicked sick?

A) Aye, wicked sick.

The kind of wicked details i've been expected since too much times. You make my dreams come true tounge2.gif.

Now waiting for "better" weapons to fit with your blokes.

freeaking awesome biggrin_o.gif Biggest user made addon for Arma Ev0r! (possibly even bigger then Johnnys marines!wink_o.gif

Great work Cam!!

(Ever thought of a Johnny + Cam team project?)

PS ( is it just me or do the shoulder pads have really low textures? sure this will get fixed in an update! great work)

EDIT: No the low textures was down to my settings, on Normal the textures are as if they were on low, on high settings you can make out the American flag and its not just a blob of red and blue.

Whooo I loved....Well Done Cameron....Exellent Units

I need A Replacement Config for this Stuff...PLEASE!!!!!

I need A Replacement Config for this Stuff...PLEASE!!!!!

Now that's funny due to what's immediatly above the post biggrin_o.gif.

Edit:

No problem navy. The final will be confirmed soon. Please be sure to report any found bugs.

Wow they are absolutely Great Cam!!!! crazy_o.gif

And a big thanks to Colonel for his great replacement files!! xmas_o.gif

Hi, those units judging by the screenshots look just great, very pimp.

If you're finnaly able of make a separate config using our M4's pack

i think that i'll feel even honoured, you've made so well those units

that i almost forget that they're "just" army guys.

Feel free to use our weapons pack and i agree on that point of:

make missions/MP missions with 'em it's a bit sad to wont be

able of enjoy in MP some of the good addons released by the people,

the John's USMC, this units, the RHS hinds and some others with

this quality levels. Great job to every one, the units look über pimp.

Let's C ya

Just one more thing Colonelsanderslite, could you edit the config so that the light version of a unit comes up instead of a heavy one? Thanks. smile_o.gif

Planned. There will be a light only config, a heavy only config, and a mixed config, either one will be usable at the player's option. However, any bugs will be 99% likely be noticable here, since the methodology won't change. That's one of the reason's it's beta.

Noticed, that at a distance the leg meshes into the foot, AKA the foot disappears and the leg continues through the ground, but that was only for a couple secs, its a specific distance i believe, but nothing to worry about.

Btw great job using the javelins.

I notice a differnce between the beta and the original units, in "1st ID" section, the AT Soldier gets one missile, but in the BIS section with config, he gets three. Whats up with this?

The at4 (m136) is a one-shot anti tank weapon which means it's impossible to reload it, i guess cameron's config aims some kind of realism, that's why they get only one rocket.

About the bis config, bis aims for balanced and fair gameplay, the rpg sla gets are reloadable, i guess that's why bis give 3 rockets and a reloadable m136 to the defaut us units.

I think I found a possible bug here...

http://s131.photobucket.com/albums....-47.png

Bad link, but if you meant:

http://s131.photobucket.com/albums....-47.png

That's the name of the old config. I wouldn't be surprised if it's actually a bug from the old version that you never noticed before, but notice now because it's corrected in the new stuff.

To fix it:

1: Open your mission.sqm in notepad (make a backup first!wink_o.gif

2: look for the addons and addons auto sections at the top. Example:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

addOns[]=

{

"CACharacters",

"CAAir",

"CAWheeled",

"CATracked",

"caweapons",

"CAMisc",

"cabuildings",

"sara"

};

addOnsAuto[]=

{

"cacharacters",

"CAAir",

"CAWheeled",

"caweapons",

"CATracked",

"CAMisc",

"cabuildings",

"sara"

};

3: Delete the contents of the above mentioned sections so it looks like this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

addOns[]=

{

};

addOnsAuto[]=

{

};

So.. the beta, was it a light or heavy config?

Heavy, meaning that everyone has the heavy armor.

I notice a differnce between the beta and the original units, in "1st ID" section, the AT Soldier gets one missile, but in the BIS section with config, he gets three. Whats up with this?

Not a bug, but design of the replacement pack. The replacement pack is *strictly* graphical. There's 2 main reasons for this really.

First, is due to what can reasonably be considered a cheat in mp circles. If you go editing the gear loadout of the units client side, it's a cheat according to most people.

Second is due to mission balance. If you play a mission that's designed for the BIS units, the gear loadout is usually assumed to be the unit defaults. That means nearly every mission you play is likely to be either easier or harder than the designer intended. It would even make some missions unbeatable most likely.

Edit:

To clarify, the BIS units which have their models replaced by my pack use the BIS loadouts (by design). CameronMcDonald's units use his custom loadouts (which are more correct).

HAHAHAH AWESOME yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Thanks CAM...Ur GREAT notworthy.gif

Hmmm had been waiting for those till 3 am.....!!!

actually sleeping the school computer lab.....!!! i'm gonna rush home ASAP!!!

xmas_o.gif

Are you going to make another 101st AB version too? (502nd or [maybe?] 506th PIR? biggrin_o.gif )

Edit: Read the FAQs on the first page. Note: My unit would love you forever if you made them 506th this time yay.gif

Awesome Cam ! notworthy.gif

Downloading now...

Thanks !!! smile_o.gif

And a little surprise from me coming in couple of hours... whistle.gifnener.gif

got somebody an replacementpack for the new 1st inf. div. ??

watch 2 Sites backwards....theyr you got one!!!

got somebody an replacementpack for the new 1st inf. div. ??

Replacement pack is posted 2 pages back, and the 3rd post up from the bottom of that page. Made and posted by Colonel SandersLite.