Sign in to follow this  
CameronMcDonald

1st Infantry Division

I dont see the problem.. you mean the gogglecover?

If that's what he's talking about, he might be right. The ESS goggle covers are black, maybe they come in different colors, but I've only seen them as black.

ohhh are they goggle covers. Opps. Shows what i know about military stuff biggrin_o.gif Just looked wierd when I first saw it.

If that's what he's talking about, he might be right. The ESS goggle covers are black, maybe they come in different colors, but I've only seen them as black.

we now have them in green and ACU foliage green

Can't wait. 18th is this Monday. Soon I'll be playin with these blokes in ArmA. Don't rush yourself Cameron, take your time. wink_o.gif

I agree 100% with every word he said.

Quote[/b] ]You can mount MOLLE pouches at an angle?

Yep, the bloke's got a 45 degree pad mounted on his IOTV, if you look closely you can see the corner of it.

@Batdog:

Yep, that's an ACU-flavoured gogglecover.

Product_48385_det.jpg

Are they RFI issue, or do they come from a store like Ranger Joe's, General Jackson, etc? Mine were issued to me in 04, so there's scant chance of me ever receiving newer ones even if I hadn't ETS'ed.

Are they RFI issue, or do they come from a store like Ranger Joe's, General Jackson, etc? Mine were issued to me in 04, so there's scant chance of me ever receiving newer ones even if I hadn't ETS'ed.

People use more than just issued gear you know.

It's not just the military wannabe yahoos who buy that stuff.

People use more than just issued gear you know.

It's not just the military wannabe yahoos who buy that stuff.

I'm aware, most issued stuff isn't in the best condition but a lot of the RFI stuff is pretty good.

I can relate to you there. My uniform that was issued to me back in '06 had holes in it.

I know it's not as important as you Army types, but hey, the Navy's known for penny pinching. wink_o.gif

cough *F-14* cough *Zumwalt-class destroyer* cough *F-35* cough whistle.gif

Back in the day, ( 1990 ) when I did boot at San Diego RTC, ( closed now ) we were still being trained on the M1911A1 pistol, and the M14 rifle- are they training you guys on anything more up to date these days?

We even had WWII-era steel pot helmets in the ship's gear locker! I think the most advanced piece of kit I was ever issued by the Navy was a hand held Motorola radio, and the MCU-2P gas mask.

'course then again, as personnel on a carrier, we weren't ever supposed to get shot at. whistle.gif ( And the company of MARDET on board were always loaded for bear- and were probably capable of wiping out a brigade of anyone else's troops. In addition we often had SEALs aboard as well. )

Come to think of it, ( and I won't/can't elaborate further, so don't ask ) the only reason for us to be armed, had more to do with the possibility of shooting our own people, as opposed to shooting "enemy" personnel.

Wow for like the last three pages nothing but boots and uniform bs mad_o.gif The units are vary well done and look in vary good detail of the UPTODAY US Army, come on people. They are just Army units not spec ops or any other elite units that wear taged on gear yes people in the army buy some of taged on gear but its not issued gear so whats to say about huh.gif The gear and all look right people.

i got olive green ones in 2003 (not the sun wind dust goggles actual ESS). Half way thru the tour we were issued sand colored ones, then i got black ones in 2005, and last summer i got foliage green ones with the ACU cover from RFI as we in the 101st are no longer allowed to wear anything not ACU....yet i carry a big brown old M-14.... kind of ironic.

i got olive green ones in 2003 (not the sun wind dust goggles actual ESS). Half way thru the tour we were issued sand colored ones, then i got black ones in 2005, and last summer i got foliage green ones with the ACU cover from RFI as we in the 101st are no longer allowed to wear anything not ACU....yet i carry a big brown old M-14.... kind of ironic.

Yeah, mine were the green band, black goggles and black cover. So the entire 101st has been re-issued ACU molle gear? 82nd is still catching up with their pogue and leg units like STB and CAB. When I left USASOC last month, we weren't entirely ACU, but the trend was going that way. Most of 18th Corps on Bragg has fully converted over, with some of the lesser support units still catching up.

everyone at campbell has a full ACU MOLLE issue as part of our pre-deployment RFI. to include ruck, IBA, gloves, and pouches. The only ones still catching up are the aviation units. The only ones without complete ACU molle are the pilots and flight crew due to a shortage in flight suits. Div policy is nothing but ACU is to be worn in the combat environment.

Shit my apologies wld427, I never knew you're with the 101st. I'm a bit embraced cause I didn't even realize ur from the US. biggrin_o.gif

Not like it makes a difference where you are from or with whom you serve, it's a bit embracing I never realized this none the less.

IMHO, those who serve through out these times should be respected and honored, so better late then never... Thank you.

whattttttttttttttttttttttttttt?

they train you guys in the US army with an m14?

even with the IDF they train with the M16A3!!!

some even get a short m16

paratroopers in IDF train with the short m16 and a scope on it!!!

we train with guns carved out of wood because the sarge is afraight we might shoot him by "accident"

we train with M-16A4s or M-16A2s in IET "initial entry training". Infantry basic has the M-16A4 then you eventually train with a M68 on it. Other than that you just recieve basic familiarization and training with other weapon systems.

here at the 101st and in many other units the M-14 has been brought back into service as a designated marksman rifle. unfortunatley due to the needs of the unit many here have been pressed into service as the primary rifle for many soldiers. My company in particular we have the DM with the M-14 and a M-9. In my 3 deployments with this unit i would much rather keep my M-14  wink_o.gif  it stops people.....cold

my M-14 has 2 sets of initials carved on the bottom of the reciever. on set is J.S. 1964 and the other is M.R. 83 kinda funny huh

Manzilla....... thank you. I am very proud to be at YOUR service.

I suggest you re-read the above posts very carefully.

Anyhoo, aren't we hijackin' Cam's thread a tad?

The M14 is actively used in the current "Conflict zones" USA are in simply because it packs more punch than the puny M16.

They dusted off their old guns from the storage rooms and started issuing them since they needed something that could actually hurt someone after having penetrated a wall. Something a 5,56mmN round is very, very bad at. Thus it's actually quite good they train people with that rifle imo, since they aren't unlikely to be issued one anyway.

Makes sense, guess this is exactly the same reason why the Russian special forces guys still use the AKMs a lot.

There's this thing called, er um, reading. It was first concieved of in the BC era, I'm not sure if you've ever heard of it.

Anyways, the US Navy once trained with the M-14, but not anymore.

Personally, I'm glad I didn't miss the M14 training- it was, and still is, a great weapon.