Sign in to follow this  
CameronMcDonald

1st Infantry Division

Might just check that. I think it was just a bad stroke of luck in that pic, though. :P

EDIT: Yeah, faces are all good, just bad luck on my behalf.

The ACHs are, of course, custom models - didn't think I was gonna stand with those USMC LWH PASGT wannabes, did you? That's not the best angle to show them off, though.

The boots are the BIS model, though I'm doing my best to turn them into Belleville DWCBs via textures. Well spotted.

And the font used on the nametape? Well, the ones I have are taken from real pictures, as I didn't trust myself to write them. There seems to be a variety of fonts in use.

I'm no modeller, so my hands are kind of tied by this - so probably not at this late stage. Forgive me for this innaccuraceh.

Stop harrassing the man. He's not being paid anything for doing this. This is something I believe the community constantly forget. You should, infact, be happy you are getting anything at all.

Contructive critisism or go away.

Im hard to please when it comes to addons but i have to say that these units are excellent looking.

All the tiny details, im really impressed.

Way to go Cam & Anonymous modeller smile_o.gif

These look f**king brilliant! Can't wait for release. I was impressed by jonny's marines but they were detrimental to performance when any considerable number were on screen, however from what I read these will perform great.

Attention modder's: this is what we need more of, not more reskins. Top notch stuff.

Hopefully someone does some new Aussie soldier models (*hint hint*)

Attention modder's: this is what we need more of, not more reskins.

You'll get whatever the modders decide to give you.

Truly. Ta for the kind words. I'm giving everyone the new boot texture now, with varying degrees of wear + dirt, so at least they won't look like jungle boots, even though they're a bit short. :P

@icehollow - I wouldn't despair about the Marines, Jonny's still working on them, and they'll run even BETTER than my dudes when he's done.  smile_o.gif

Hi, about the name tapes... wouldn't work to add a pathed .paa

texture inside the C:\ArmA\nametape.paa just blank so the players

could edit it and put they're name on it?, or it wouldn't work due

that some players don't have the ArmA installed into they're C:\

drive?. Let's C ya

Those pics are simply GREAT  yay.gif  yay.gif

hey can't wait for the super 18 feb (hmmm i suppose it's the release date  whistle.gif )

Dont fall for the same trap others have before, it will only burn you out. Enjoy your hobby at your own pace and have fun at it, heaven can wait, so can we wink_o.gif .

Cam, they look great. Please, don't stress yourself out over dates or anything like that. Also, I don't see any problem with the boots, can someone explain to me what's wrong with these boots? They look exactly like one pair I was issued.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see anything wrong with the boot model either.

same here. Bis did everything right on them.

Cam, they look great. Please, don't stress yourself out over dates or anything like that. Also, I don't see any problem with the boots, can someone explain to me what's wrong with these boots? They look exactly like one pair I was issued.

Dont fall for the same trap others have before, it will only burn you out. Enjoy your hobby at your own pace and have fun at it, heaven can wait, so can we wink_o.gif .

Well said guys. With all the time and work that has gone into these units it's hard for me to fathom that others may not feel the same way. It's really unfortunate.

I'm glad to hear about the boot textures Cam. It's another improvement but to be honest I would not have cared either. By the looks of the screens, the overall all unit is so well done I bet I would ever notice if he boots were wrong. And I've logged some serious quality with those kicks. I just so damn nice to see a well made replica, you won't hear a peep of discontent from my pie-hole. Of course, that's if all of those remarkable teaser screen shots are real. rofl.gif (kiddingof course, NSX. tounge2.gif )

Oh yeah, back to my point....

I concur with the "take your time until you feel they are finished" sentiment. I'm happy simply knowing they are in the works. Off course when that day ultimately arrives.......

wow_o.gif.... yay.gif.... pistols.gif.... goodnight.gif

EDIT:

After rereading your post I realized I guess I never really paid any attention to the BIS boots. Well a short glance later and I gotta agree with you once again. No wonder I never paid much attention to them, they really don't look too bad. Mind you it was just a brief look, but nothing that wrong jumped out at me. I too am curious to find out what problems others have noticed.

That picture was brilliant... I still use your old units.. and i will definitely use these new ones..

You can clearly see the quality done on these units no doubt and that its close to release.. This is going to be one addon many people use in the future..

Big Well Done From me and i cant wait to see the finished product on release. notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifthumbs-up.gif

Construtive critisim. I know these are WIP but whats with the guy on the left helmet?

Is it supposed to be like that? I dont know much about US army stuff so maye its supposed to be there. Anyway, still looking forward to the release of these units.

You arent being sufficiently spesific. You are quoting 5 images. You have to say wich one you are on about.

Considering the nametags it would be cool if it entered the last part of the players name such as so many people (the SP people) just put their actual name in and they space it so it just places that part in the name tag. But I dont think ArmA can do that. I dont mind if soldiers dont even have name tags.

Cant. Tried it sad_o.gif

I realise Cameron has ruled out random nametags appearing, but this is a work around for VBS1 which MAY work in Armed Assault.

Quoted from SnowFella on VBS forums:

Quote[/b] ]That very same thing with custom faces and name patches acctually also work in MP, the spots used for the names are "free" on the original face textures asfar as I know and if you edit in your name there on your own custom face it will show up on any Marine model in MP.

It works for some Marines which they released recently. (See here) I'm not sure what the coding/texture path is for the nametag space on the model was however. Further, the face textures have a different layout for AA so I dont know if there is space now.

Customisable nametags seem pointless to me. Nobody is going to check them out in game and few people are going to bother making their own.

I'm sure there are more important things to spend the time on wink_o.gif