Sign in to follow this  
CameronMcDonald

1st Infantry Division

Clavicula_nox4817, EricJ, wld427

This ongoing discussion about Airborne, their headdress etc gone off-topic since quite a while me thinks. wink_o.gif

Might be a big deal for you Airborne guys, but here we discuss CMD units. smile_o.gif

Well compared to the puke green I'd say it's a step up, I mean the Marines can't be the only ones that look sharp wink_o.gif

Yeah, except here's what they take away from us:

-Jumpboots

-Berets for NCOs and officers

-Unit insignia

-Jumpwing backing (oval)

And i think a couple of other things, that I have forgotten.

Quote[/b] ]could be worse.... i am stuck in an "Airborne" unit and have not jumped in 5 years damn near every one of my soldeirs rode a helicopter for the first time leaving BIAP for our FOB

That's almost criminal. 82nd has entire battalions of legs, mostly the aviation and STB guys.

Hehe well the best thing is that you can at least wear it on your ERB biggrin_o.gif

But what do the Privates get then if only NCOs and Officers wear berets? The old Garrison Cap?

But the Aviation guys.... I don't knock too much.  They may be "leg" but a gun run from an Apache may save the day smile_o.gif

No, get this...E-4 and below get berets of their respective color, except the Green which will then no longer be found on the Class-A  uniform.

*edit*

I was saying the NCO's and Officers lose their berets. Instead, it's ye Olde Cap as seen in ancient days of yore. Not the garrison cap, but the full high hat thing, I don't know what it's called

Oh... those... gotcha...

Yeah Rog W0lle will do.

Clavicula_nox4817, EricJ, wld427

This ongoing discussion about Airborne, their headdress etc gone off-topic since quite a while me thinks.  wink_o.gif

Might be a big deal for you Airborne guys, but here we discuss CMD units. smile_o.gif

hmmmm this post is about infantry units and thier uniforms............. In the first post CAM says he will update his 101st guys.............. Airborne is infantry...........we were talking about infantry units and thier uniforms..........

maybee i am just wrong

Let's say it this way: I see the recent posts between you 3 more like covering "airborne internals" then making suggestions for the addon.

If CMD doesn't mind then it's fine for me though I think a seperate topic in the off-topic forum might be the better choice (and CMD can look there if he needs something). wink_o.gif

Ive noticed when using these units(+replacement), that the aircraft hud does line up with the gun reticule. Its further down. Most noticable with A-10, since it goes below the window view.

I'll look into that.

I dunno how proper unit should look and I dont want to know because this addon is very good, but there are 2 things that makes me crazy... the arm protectors...

and the huge boots(those are not BIS' for sure) which reminds me of crysis where everyone got boots like Mickey Mouse

Yeah we got full RFI and didn't get the arm protector thingies, thankfully.  Maybe the MPs wear them, but overall nobody in my BCT wears them, too restrictive..

these unitsa are <span style='color:blue'> <span style='font-size:19pt;line-height:100%'>AWESOME!!</span> </span>  inlove.gif  inlove.gif  inlove.gif

Yeah well I'm not missing that myself either, but we do have to wear it.

Very nice work! nice to see the javelin included with some of the units. Pretty cool stuff.

Once I get my gaming computer (which had to overheat the day before these were released) I'll have hella fun yay.gif

Ummmm... what's the difference between normal units and units (L)?

Example:

Rifleman

Rifleman (L)

I've seen it floating around a couple times. But like Clavicula said, it's pretty much M4 in all the Infantry units, unless your in the MC.

Also, don't know if it was brougth up, but the NOD mout should be painted tan, black stands out too much.

These are the light guys that dont have as much body armor on them.

Well, not much less... ;s

Maybe they should be 1st Armored Division? j/k ; P

Ive noticed when using these units(+replacement), that the aircraft hud does line up with the gun reticule. Its further down. Most noticable with A-10, since it goes below the window view.

I'll look into that.

Ok, the cause of this is now known.

This screen is what you see when using the default bis rifleman:

a10_without.jpg

This screen is what you see when using the replacement rifleman:

a10_with.jpg

If you look, you'll see that the perspective is different due to the new units being slightly differently proportioned. The weapon crosshair is actually still accurate, it's just that since your POV is in a slightly different place, it's offset to compensate for that (arma behaviour).

I *could* modify the seat position or something to compensate for this, but it would screw with all the other units. This means it's not really fixable. Not unless cameron wants to modify his models to bring them to the same POV standard BIS uses, which I doubt.

In fact, it's like this with *all* vehicle weapons. It's just that it's really only noticeable on the fixed wing aircraft.

I'm betting that you noticed this playing evo, flying an a10 with a rifleman or some such unit. If so, I suggest you either use a SF unit, or just live with it and learn to compensate. My technique is to put the target just above that black thing to where you can see it and line it up. When ready to fire, just pull up a little and fire.

BTW, no further bugs noticed, full release of replacement pack will be done soon.

BTW, no further bugs noticed, full release of replacement pack will be done soon.

I'm not sure if this is a model issue or replacement pack issue but I'm gonna point out again the bug when looking down the ironsights of the Commanders M2 on the M1A1. It is pretty obvious to see if you wiggle the M2 up and down.

Just out of curiousity, do ya'll use the M16A4 more than the M4?

Both, we got some M16A4s floating around, but we use the M4 mainly.

Well the funny thing is, that the "normal" and light are practically the same. We're wearing the same gear that I wore when I deployed with 1-4 CAV, and now that I'm in 3rd BCT, we're wearing the same amount of gear but with knee and elbow pads.

Just out of curiousity, do ya'll use the M16A4 more than the M4?

Both, we got some M16A4s floating around, but we use the M4 mainly.

Well the funny thing is, that the "normal" and light are practically the same. We're wearing the same gear that I wore when I deployed with 1-4 CAV, and now that I'm in 3rd BCT, we're wearing the same amount of gear but with knee and elbow pads.

Everyone we had with M16A4s or Non-M4 were meant to be considered marksmen with the purpose of extending the team's effective engagement range.

Is it the same with you?

UND depends on the group their with some are still not assigned M4s while others have the m4 completely replacing the M16 all together. I know that the Marines still use the M16 mostly still.

Non-Combat types will keep their M16A2's for many years to come. There is certainly no need to rush M4's to them and I can't forsee the Marines giving up their A4's anytime soon.

lol, try doing a wrecker mission with an A2/4, now that's gonna be a bi**h rofl.gif