Sign in to follow this  
CameronMcDonald

1st Infantry Division

CameronMcDonald:

Thanks for making at least 3 different (heavy, mixed, light) units they' re now standard Army ArmA units.

Halochief89:

SF don't wear "bullseyes". Thats prominent in movies and some shooters but in real.... think about it. wink_o.gif

About SF, I know that 1st infantry division doesn't suit for SpecOps, but sometimes when I look on infantry and then on bis specops I feel almost sorry to them xD

Well... Another reason why I dont like heavy units... If I would wear those all things, dragon skin, arm protectors etc. When I would get hit in chest, my chance to die would be like 1%... While in ArmA they got 100%. Thats why I would love to see less armored unit. Just uniform, dragon skin, knee protectors.

Example

If I can say that... Don't be angry on me but I think 1stID have too big boots. How about making something like this?

Cam would need to pretty much start from scratch if he was to make SF types. The IOTV is far too bulky and heavy for special forces use. Most use plate carriers than a ballistic vest. To be honest though most recent pictures I have seen of SF types seem to wear private purchase/older equipment.

Hah I have a great idea. Why we want them to make SF from scratch? Better to remake those units to Land Warriors ^^

I always wanted Land Warriors in ArmA, 1stID seems to be best to do it. Besides Land Warriors wear ACU.

[edit]

I don't know if that was reported already, but...

Squad Leader have leg problems as a pilot xP

Seems like terrorist do not need NVGs to kill 1stID ;(

Hi!

I was just wondering, have you done replacement for this ( so it replaces the original units )? I would love to see these soldiers in the missions  inlove.gif

And yea, this mod kicks ass  notworthy.gif

Ah crap, someone dragged me thread up again!

Yeah, there's a replacement pack out there, here. Enjoy!

And an update is in the pipes, it's just very very verrrrrry slowly being done. A couple of fairly major bugs (glowing goggles and squadleader funky legs) have been already fixed, and I intend to fix some aesthetic stuff too (DAPS *cough*).

If you hadn't planned to, can you please add wound textures to the models missing it. No wound textures can make a fantastic addon less than fantastic. Looking forward to an update CMD. pistols.gif

...but every unit has wound textures - I don't understand? Or are you referring to the fact that the DAPs don't? And believe me, I test. wink_o.gif

2u6icy8.jpg

You can see the updated view in there too, thanks to our mutual friend in his own thread. Note that the picture HAS been cut down from the top and sides, however, the gun isn't THAT prominent in the game.

- No, no SF in the update - SF really aren't my style, I prefer working on the regs and leaving the SF to more talented person(s). Should I get this addon perfected (hardly likely) a mate of mine and I are gonna take a crack at some Rangers, but until then, it's infantry only for me. smile_o.gif

A couple of the light guys are missing wound textures for the facial area. - previously reported, if you need me to track down exactly which models this applies to, I gladly will do so.

No other wound textures missing though.

Edit:

Ohh, btw, might want to update your sig wink_o.gif.

Heh, yeah I should update it shortly.

CSL: Could you check for me, mate? I've got the Team Leader, Rifleman 2 and Grenadier (all light versions) without face wounds - any others you can find?

Ta mate.

Sorry to dig up this thread but to be honest, i dithered between replying via pm or via this thread.

Anyway, i have a little (here is why my hesitation) suggestion, since the newest patch has brought some new units, i've noticed the new usmc units have darker wound textures, and in my opinion, more realist textures and colours. You should take a look to these new textures to see if you want to implement these into a future update.

Just my 2c wink_o.gif.

bloodos6.th.jpg

hey cameroon i have 2 questions

1) r u going to make some new backpaks?

2) in the new soldiers will u use some new weaps kinda WIP-M4A1's Pack  or something else? inlove.gif

Sorry lads, but I have seen few days ago a replacement pack for this addon and now I cant find it. Is here someone who knows where is it?

CameronMcDonald,

The excellent(different) soldiers, are very well made, whether you plan to let out a pack of Russian federal forces?

can be before a small update (smallest))) excluding a third leg at the commander??

ai_bots laugh at him rofl.gif

Nice work, really good smile_o.gif BTW, there is SOPMOD M14 at screenshot #4. Was it released?

Hi,

Any chance that someone will re-upload the replacement pack?

The Armaholic mirrors doesn't work.

Thanks.

Very, very nice addon Cameron.

Strangly, after scrolling 67 pages,

i found out, that im proably the only one where this addon doesn't work.

When i start Arma up, it loads until, normaly the main menu appears, i get a error message;

"Arma doesn't work anymore

A problem has ocur........ect".

Then i must close it, by taskmanager.

With an vanilla Arma patched to V1.14 (Boxed DVD ArmA: Armed Assault by 505 Games) still no joy.

Installed it, by the instuctions in the .txt file

OS is Vista x64.

Arma runs fine, with and without other addons.

Is this addon compatible with V1.14?

Did some else had similar problems?

Very, very nice addon Cameron.

Strangly, after scrolling 67 pages,

i found out, that im proably the only one where this addon doesn't work.

When i start Arma up, it loads until, normaly the main menu appears, i get a error message;

"Arma doesn't work anymore

A problem has ocur........ect".

Then i must close it, by taskmanager.

With an vanilla Arma patched to V1.14 (Boxed DVD ArmA: Armed Assault by 505 Games) still no joy.

Installed it, by the instuctions in the .txt file

OS is Vista x64.

Arma runs fine, with and without other addons.

Is this addon compatible with V1.14?

Did some else had similar problems?

Did you try to DL this AddOn again or/and from another site? It sounds like it may just be a corrupt DL/file. The only time I have this same problem is when a file was corrupt or the Mod folder I made for it had an error in one of the file names.

Thx Manzilla.

There was nothing wrong with the files i downloaded,

i made a mistake banghead.gif

I got the "replacement files", but didn't downloaded

the original files (CMCD_1st_Infantry_Divisio00.7z) from page 1.

I've put those files also in the addon directory,

and it runs fine now.