Sign in to follow this  
CameronMcDonald

1st Infantry Division

Not I, I'm completely satisfied with these. Although if Cam wants to make em, I'll gladly use em. It seems like a lot of work for him though, especially if he's happy using these.

New SF units? huh.gif If Jonny can't make ones that make you happy, I haven't got a chance! crazy_o.gif

No prob. I just like the ACU units and since I have been using your units for so long I haven't looked at any others out there.

I could use your regular ACU units and his SF ACU units. Only thing is that they use two different colors of vests, but I can live with that if I have to. wink_o.gif

The CIRAS is not an ACU-flavoured vest; IIRC it only comes in coyote brown or green, and the SF aren't likely to wear the IOTV (too heavy, I heard somewhere).

If I ever get my units done I may speak to Jonny about replacing the ACU in his units with the ACU in mine, but since that would be supplanting his area of expertise I doubt it'd be very popular.

That is exactly what I had in mind piespy and then make the flak vest a little bit black, sort of a dark grey to give it depth.

The problem with the vest in the original release is that the _AS map is totally dodge (I was learning how to make them at that stage). It's been fixed and looks quite a bit better now. smile_o.gif

Personally, I'd prefer old-style ACU-Flavoured Interceptors also.

Most U.S. Army Soldiers that I've seen still wear them in more numbers than the IOTV.

Just a thought.

smile_o.gif

Yeah but fo sho 3rd BDE IBCT all wear the IOTV over here, as a matter of fact.

I might get some OTVs up, I've still got the template for those on me system somewhere, and they look pretty cool. Might do them for the REMFs.

I've almost finished the new IOTV base model(s), so once I get the IOTV retextured I'll put up some pictures. Suffice to say I'm very pleased with them. Also redid the arms and legs using a seam template of the ACUs, so I've got pen pockets, elbow patches, leg cargo pockets etc all in the right place. smile_o.gif

The ACU has been changed around to be realer, but it looks better than I expected, so I'm gonna keep it that way. Blends in better with Jonny's SF too. Happy times!

*** EDIT: Picceh.

*** EDIT #2: Anyone know what colour belts are allowed to be worn? I've got a tan one there, but I was wondering whether foliage green or black is accepted.

*** EDIT #3: For those concerned, fear not, I'm doing blouse-untucked variants too. smile_o.gif

*** EDIT #4: I'm also aware those belts won't actually fit in belt loops. Will be changed. And many many many many many many many many many many many many many thanks to Jonny for his neverending support and MSN emoticons. smile_o.gif

Super Cool..mate..they will always be awesome... inlove.gif

I might get some OTVs up, I've still got the template for those on me system somewhere, and they look pretty cool. Might do them for the REMFs.

I've almost finished the new IOTV base model(s), so once I get the IOTV retextured I'll put up some pictures. Suffice to say I'm very pleased with them. Also redid the arms and legs using a seam template of the ACUs, so I've got pen pockets, elbow patches, leg cargo pockets etc all in the right place. smile_o.gif

The ACU has been changed around to be realer, but it looks better than I expected, so I'm gonna keep it that way. Blends in better with Jonny's SF too. Happy times!

*** EDIT: Picceh.

*** EDIT #2: Anyone know what colour belts are allowed to be worn? I've got a tan one there, but I was wondering whether foliage green or black is accepted.

*** EDIT #3: For those concerned, fear not, I'm doing blouse-untucked variants too. smile_o.gif

*** EDIT #4: I'm also aware those belts won't actually fit in belt loops. Will be changed. And many many many many many many many many many many many many many thanks to Jonny for his neverending support and MSN emoticons. smile_o.gif

As far as I know, Tan is the issued item these days. But on deployment, you will see people with black and sometimes even green belts. Also Riggers Belts are very popular, tis a pretty sturdy belt. I used a Tan one.

- I thought full colour flags were now a no-go in a combat zone, something to do with some article somethang or other - it was discussed quite some way back in the thread. Same with coloured unit patches. I'm probably wrong with regard to full colour flags, though the full colour cloth ones keep popping up. Seems like the subdued IR ones are taking precedence too.

- Haven't added any rank patches yet. Placeholder.

- I'll put the belts on top of the loops, except the ones I know that fit.

IR flags- black and tan in color, are what are used in theater. Poughes and remfs can be seen wearing subdued cloth flags, but thats only because their senior NCOs would rather eat ice cream in the DFAC than inspect their troops. Full color flags are forbidden in theater.

Rgr, full colour cloth, full colour IR and subdued IR it is. smile_o.gif

I might tack a subdued cloth one on somewhere if I end up making a pogue model. :P

Rgr, full colour cloth, full colour IR and subdued IR it is. smile_o.gif

I might tack a subdued cloth one on somewhere if I end up making a pogue model. :P

I'll tell ya this, if your are making a garrison style soldier, color would be fine. But if you are going to make them look as if they are on deployment, the IR Flag(there is only one issued version) is the only one authorized. Anything else usually doesn't last longer than one NCO seeing it.

full colored cloth are NOT allowed!!! nor are full color IR flags.

The Hajis sell subdued flags that fobbits buy and wear for whatever reason, but they are just as unauthorized as any color flag. the color flags obviously stand out more, and would be corrected ASAP.