Sign in to follow this  
CameronMcDonald

1st Infantry Division

are you still working on these, any plans for updates... i'm now at home and can send you pictures of the iotv, iba, FLC, and all sorts of gear, assault packs, etc. name what you'd like to see, and i'll take pictures.

Hey mate, yeah I'm still working on these, slowly but surely. I've recently redone the IOTV and the shoulder pockets so they look a crapload better than the old ones. My biggest issue at the moment is deciding what to do with the gear.

I'll send you an email with the stuff I'd like to see. smile_o.gif Ta for the offer.

please cam....change the backpacks........ whistle.gif

yes, it would be nice, the issue assault pack isnt very big, and is squarish when full, so it shouldn't be th[at difficult to add ]in game

this is the setup i used on my first tour

IFAK (first aid) is not visible, it's on the left of the vest

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30026794&id=1291380048

in this one the canteen pouch on the left is where the IFAK would go.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30024701&id=1291380048

the standard riflemans setup is that, minus the 203 pouches.

That link requires you to log into facebook, which Im certain a lot of people wont have. Perhaps you should put the pics on imageshack so that everyone can see them?

CMD, are you planning any SF units in the next pack?

i know there probably arnt any SF i 1ID but it´s still something that would be useful for the replacement packs (together with your marines ofcource)

Thanks olemissrebel, good stuff. Some quite interesting pictures in that album, by the way - I hope your deployment went well.

Email sent, mate.

Any chance of fat looking units? The second picture from olemissrebel you can see that the gear and all that comes quite a far way off his body and the trousers are quite a bit baggy, where as in ArmA all units seem to be stick thin and all their gear is really thin too. Just a little suggestion which I think would look pretty cool.

tis true, it's also required, although not everyone follows it, that all people working out of vehicles in country wear nomex. there are the tan flight suit, the 2 piece tan flightsuit, a 2 piece acu flightsuit, and the ones i have on in the last picture, which look exactly like ACU's.

what about the squad.xml badge on the arm, does it show now? the old version didnt. thx for the answer.

Yeah, my apologies about that, I used to delete clan patches with extreme prejudice while modelling. The updated version will have the clan patch restored, I promise.

And here I thought that was just me! Thanks for fixing that. smile_o.gif

I'd also like full color cotton, stitched flags. The subdued and IR flags look ugly IMO.

I think the sniper class has the full color flag patch. That's why I tend to play them on public servers since it looks better. smile_o.gif

the IR flag should be worn in country, and in the field, the problem is, it falls apart, peels, and generally sucks ass. the full color cotton flag can be worn if you don't have an IR flag, as it's better to have that one than no flag at all. the subdued cloth flag is UNAUTHORIZED, and i want to die when i see it, as do most command sergeant majors, and army regs.

regarding the 1st ID patch on both arms, it's pretty common, a lot of lower ranks have not been deployed before, so they wear the combat patch of the unit they are in, which would be 1st ID on both arms. also, a lot of vets are in the same units they have deployed with before. it would be nice to see a version with NO patch on either arms, and regulation gear, as they could be generic US infantry, no ties to any certain group, and one could apply his own preferred patch in a clan match, or whatever you guys do. just my two cents

negative, you will wear your units SSI, wearing a combat patch is optional. if you are attached to an SF unit, ranger type unit, or actually SF, you wouldn't wear patches, or tabs, just name tapes and rank.

- Might consider a patchless unit, as much as it goes against my aesthetic sense. tounge2.gif

- IOTV is fine on high settings IMHO, but it's being improved, my first few attempts were a bit piecemeal, especially concerning seams and such, not to mention the highly retarded normal maps. ACU is much harder to get looking sharp on units than BDU or Coyote Brown, for example, and the pattern size is still a problem... working on it.

- Patch screwups are being fixed. I will give everyone subdued (in theatre) patches, as is standard.

- Might throw in a Nomex-wearing version if I'm feeling nice.

Work continues, although I'm still irritated by my lack of a good normal mapping procedure.

Is there a way to make it easy to change the patches via a setObjectTexture command?

I'm still stupidly new to modeling and not familar with how everything works, but I know you can change textures on the fly so is that something that's built into the model? Hidden layers or something?

If so, a generic ACU style soldier would be great if we could just slap in a paa file of our custom unit patches and use scripting to activate it in game. Is that possible?

does anyone have a new replacement pack for these units?

the old one dont seam to work..

if it´s becouse of the 1.14 patch, truemods or something else i dont know, but im guessing on 1.14..

I use the 1ID replacement pack, TrueMods, 1.14 and even the new Jonny SF replacements, and it all works together fine.

Make sure you're only using ONE of the replacement packs, either Light or Heavy, not both.

if it´s becouse of the 1.14 patch, truemods or something else i dont know, but im guessing on 1.14..

Looks like youre using TrueModsPOV. That one disables replacements because it has to use the entire model to change position of players eye wink_o.gif

Disable that addon and you'll be fine again smile_o.gif

but it looks like CameronMcDonald is going to use the new POV on his units in the update (judging by the pic on page 67)

Looks like youre using TrueModsPOV. That one disables replacements because it has to use the entire model to change position of players eye wink_o.gif

Disable that addon and you'll be fine again smile_o.gif

but it looks like CameronMcDonald is going to use the new POV on his units in the update (judging by the pic on page 67)

thats strange since jonny´s marines replacement pack works just fine...

and so does rellikies SLA units replacement...

only CMD´s 1st ID replacement that doesnt work so i still got default ACU soldiers...

thats strange since jonny´s marines replacement pack works just fine...

and so does rellikies SLA units replacement...

only CMD´s 1st ID replacement that doesnt work so i still got default ACU soldiers...

Jonny's marines replacement that replaces 1.14 USMC? That works because he couldnt edit those soldiers, dunno about rellikki's stuff though

anyways I'm getting a bit offtopic here I think whistle.gif