Sign in to follow this  
dob

Too much CHEATS

All online cheats do need to have a "french stick" loaf inserted in them....sideways....

rgds

LoK

(but in saying that, have i hinted to people how to do it?)

Lubrication. Lots of lubrication.

I think by now we're definitely off-topic enough to close this thread.

If you do come across any new cheats that haven't been reported yet, send a link to the moderators or developers, and then perhaps they can do something about it.

But just bitching about it here is not gonna achieve anything.

First time i have seen it today, happened on 2 euro servers running Zaphods Berserk Hold maps.

A player can run a script/hack it seems and kill around 6 players anywhere on the map, even if mounted. Still not sure if it kills own team or other team.

Player name was " BOO ", he then ran the change name thing alot.

you really need a server admin on his toes to catch this one. Not sure if this hack is only on berserk maps on any ARMA MP map.

Watch out guys, this one will become annoying fast.

points to note, when it happens 5-6 people die and all you on screen is

Player name was killed.

NOT by who, as if they have been runover etc, this makes it very hard to track who is doing it.

There appears to be a delay on how often of at least 60 seconds.

Any information on how to prevent this should be added below please. Also recommendations on how to spot who is doing this.

This is much worse than no fog no grass infinate ammo, as thes wrecks a game.

You will die in a tank or Bh etc, I dont know how it targets, but it seems at least 6 people of the same side will die at the same time. Anyone mounted with them also die as the Viechle will explode.

To who ever wrote this hack, I hope you get crabs bitch.

To who ever wrote this hack, I hope you get crabs bitch.

Indeed biggrin_o.gif

just lets us be happy about the game and dont do anything about it

(this was ment sarcasticly)

don't bother too much about it... try to combat the player side scripting hacks as much as can, but we'll all be happier when the verifySignatures parameter works properly, and DSSignFile is available.

That will 'solve' the scripting hacks but that will still leave direct game hacks, which are alot harder to make and consequently fewer & far between...

don't bother too much about it... try to combat the player side scripting hacks as much as can, but we'll all be happier when the verifySignatures parameter works properly, and DSSignFile is available.

That will 'solve' the scripting hacks but that will still leave direct game hacks, which are alot harder to make and consequently fewer & far between...

what he said.

if You know about new cheats PM report to moderators or PM/email developers

MODedit: merged with another thread

I hope once these cheats can be identified ingame by Devs they should do something funny to em biggrin_o.gif Turn them into a butterfly and teleport them to a room like in Evolution if you go into negative score =D

If BIS would put checksum verification for existing addons:

Simply get the original addon files that will be allowed on a server from the makers, and place them in the servers addon/mod folder to build a checklist against.  If any of the clients files not on the server are activated, or if there is one that's the same name, but not CRC'd properly, you get booted. Has to work on the activation, so there are not passive file conflicts.

I mean, what's the big deal with that? (really, asking if there's a bad side to this situation wink_o.gif )

the only problem with strict checkfile policy is that you cannot allow optionnal mods and addons

I'd like to have a list of files that are "optionaly" accepted. The server has them, but he doesn't require the clients to have them. If the client have them, the server performs a checkfile on the files to verify they are OK.

This way, clients could connect with or without let's say FDF_soundMod, without being booted, and without being suspected either

Exactly!  ANY acceptable 'official' addon maker files can be put into the check folder..  If someone mods those, they're toast.

So basically, the host would DL just about everything that was/is/will be good in ArmA, and only that is what will be accepted.  

Edit: To be clear, this is an exclusive action. You can have, or not have, these addons.  But if you have something else that goes active during a mission, you're flagged.

As a memory saving alternative, the mods could make the CRC code available to the server admins.  The checks against the clients will still need to be encoded realtime, or something to prevent interception or hacking of the call to check.

Hmm. Since it's just a small number that will be transmitted, a simple, moving, two layer common key crypto would foil most hackers abilities.  Like the base algorythm, with the key being altered by the players ID and the timestamp of the verification request. (just example, dont use, lol)  It's solid info that both the server and the client have available, and would screw with most common sniffers and decoders.  (muhahahah! I love to mess with cheaters!wink_o.gif

Hi, I'm very disapointed with ArmA because instead of OFP where the community was not very concerned by the cheaters, with ArmA now it's very hard to find a place without one or two cheater during the game.

And on a server even if there is no admin the option to kick is not very interessting because when you want kick a cheaters or a TKiller you need 3/4 vote.

I think that Bohemia could make some improvement with the next patch against the cheater and the system of vote.

Sorry for all of this but I'm so disapointed since 2 or 3 weeks with this problem who extend more eand more, but in 30 minutes I find 6 server with cheaters who use the cheats of the TKC community and now it's enough, why it's so easy to cheat on Arma instead of OFP durinf multiplayer game ?.

where the hell are you guys going to find so many cheaters huh.gif

are you sure this isnt "he shot me, therefore he cheats" ?

No don't worry I play OFP since 6 years in a French team "clan FAR". And when everybody is disapointed on a server i'm not alone. The most of cheaters are on Berzerk, because for the coop it's not very interesting for them. And this time the man was a guy with a name I think it was a team [TKC]-Wesker...well I was surprise and everybody too because He was killing everybody in 5 seconds... notworthy.gif And he was happy to give the name of the community who is a cheaters website with the download for ArmA.

Sometimes some guys could drop you everywhere on the map when you said that he was cheating just too boring you and you can just disconnetc because you can't play after that...you respanw everywhere on the island and when where he want... sad_o.gif

And it's just 2 exemple of the other...

A solution to this problem is that you join a clan that you know plays fair game, or put up such clan by yourself. Then you play only with people who you know and trust. Otherwise you never have a chance to get completely rid of the cheaters or intentional team killers.

People should notify server admins about cheating. If some server is frequently having cheaters and doesn't do anything about it, then don't go there and make sure your friends don't go their either. Let the cheaters play against each other.

Anyways I've dealt with these guys before and they love getting this kind of free exposure on official forums. Maybe in the future one could refreign from naming the exact place to locate these garbage downloads?

Anyways I've dealt with these guys before and they love getting this kind of free exposure on official forums. Maybe in the future one could refreign from naming the exact place to locate these garbage downloads?

Seconded. These losers are just pride jockies, love the attention it seems their moms and dads never gave them. Sorry affair really. Best to ignore their existance. confused_o.gif

No - Not ignore. Just to direct the information to those who can actually do something about it. PM either mods or devs, instead of announcing it here publicly.

heh. yeah. Had a run in with a TKC fella on a berzerk map. He was laying nukes on bangango and all the other buildings surrounding it, killing all, including those at home base.

After that he left.

Was an experience though.

another cheating thread ...

MODedit: moved to Multiplayer and merged with another cheat thread ...

may be we need a script in mission to watch and kick cheater, no ?

heh. yeah. Had a run in with a TKC fella on a berzerk map. He was laying nukes on bangango and all the other buildings surrounding it, killing all, including those at home base.

After that he left.

Was an experience though.

I dont think there us such cheats mate.. becuase every map would be like that then.. u knw what there like :/

Quote[/b] ]I dont think there us such cheats mate.. becuase every map would be like that then.. u knw what there like :/

Sadly there are, in the dying days of OFP multiplayer maps were increasingly ruined by this kind of behaviour, along with the sudden appearance of walls around the island, raining boats, etc basically retarded actions of an infantile mind, but they do exist and it seems they are becoming more and more prevalent in ArmA.BiS needs to act quickly before this reaches epidemic proportions and ruins a game before it really gets going.

Thanks to everyone who posted for bringing this to public attention, at least now, when I'm the admin of my clan server, I have some idea of what to look out for so that I can then take appropriate action (Kicking and Banning)