Sign in to follow this  
Shadow NX

RHS Hind v1.0 for ArmA

Wasnt availeable over the weekend, sorry.

I will get incontact today with all people who had questions or want to help the mod.

Really fantastic work - I especialy love the mighty gunpods.

Appeals for future updates>

1. please include some AA-equiped version (Igla)

2. please increase the pilot's zoom (numpad + key zoom) - like on MAPFACTS's AH-64 - it helps a lot ingame in flying and identifying targets

Yeah tried it with the FDF mod and it works fine.

Shame Predators mod doesn't work with this. Thanks for your Hind!

Skimbo

I really love this Hind Addon!

I just whish that there was a way to turn off the gunner's night vision. Is this fixed already or is there a way to fix this?

I have one last question: Is it possible to lock a target by clicking the right mouse button when you have that target on the sights (when playing as gunner that is) like happens for example with the ArmA's stock AH-1Z?

Thanks in advance for replies.

Great addon, we're using it for our squadnights almost everytime. But there are things that bother us a bit:

- chopper gets very shaky when in hover mode meters over the LZ

- many hinds are brought down online with concentrated small cal fire (especially fuel leaks are annoying)

- sometimes the gear doors remain open when flying slow in low-flight

shadow, havent seen you around for sometime. Anyway, 1.07 is out and I would like to update the code part for the mi24.. (like make the at weapons manual guided and stuff).. so if you have any newer config then please send me, you know where to find me.

Starting out on my own with the current config from 1.0

Yeh, sorry for that, lately its hard again to find some online time exept a few mins at work each day.

Best would be you talk to Kyle Sarnik about it, i think he wanted to work on the scripts a bit ( he did most of the OFP Hind scripts ).

I think im not availeable before Friday for a longer chat.

Just a quick question. The 9m114 atgm rockets are they really so inaccurate that you shoot 8 missile and it doesn't hit the target.

From 10 to 2 km i tried to shoot the missiles without hinting the Vulcan.

Or are the 9m114 quite different from the US counterpart "Hellfire" ?

Just a quick question. The 9m114 atgm rockets are they really so inaccurate that you shoot 8 missile and it doesn't hit the target.

From 10 to 2 km i tried to shoot the missiles without hinting the Vulcan.

Or are the 9m114 quite different from the US counterpart "Hellfire" ?

Not really, but we had a bit of trouble getting them to fly pretty accurately although this wont be a problem as they will be wire guided in 1.07.

Hi,

Here a well know site but with usefull informations:

Soviet/Russian ATGM

It's great to know how cost these toys... toys we pay with our taxes (... russian people in that case)! mad_o.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">During the 1980s and 1990s a series of tests at the Aberdeen Proving Ground code-named Passive Nova 1, 2, and 3 test fired 120 AT-6 missiles purchased from different East European sources. The results where disappointing — 4% of the missiles fired at targets moving up to 15 km/h hit their targets, while 11% of the missiles fired at stationary targets hit. Tests with later models of the missiles raised the hit probability to 24%.

Soviet sources report kill ratios of 75-85% during the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. Also a Mil demonstration in Sweden in late 1995 using a Mi-28A firing Shturm and Ataka missiles also showed good results—from a hovering helicopter a Shturm was fired at a target 900 m away, from level flight at 200 km/h an Ataka was fired at a target 4700 m away. Both missiles passed within 1 m of their targets. [1]

It's possible there were problems with early models of the missile—it's notable that the Soviet stocks of the missile where rebuilt to AT-6B and C standard by 1994.

The export price of the missile in 1992 was $50,000.

Wikipedia

smile_o.gif

R u gone make sam moore opf converts to arma, same moore planes and armore. Same mig 21 and 29 will be nice, same aa system like SA-6 and so on.

1 moore thing i will love too see a manuel or somthing like thet for noobs like my too tray and make same converting from ofp too arma.

And most important thing i love u hind. Great work. Made arma beter.

Keep up the good work.

Hi,

Here a well know site but with usefull informations:

Soviet/Russian ATGM

It's great to know how cost these toys... toys we pay with our taxes (... russian people in that case)! mad_o.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">During the 1980s and 1990s a series of tests at the Aberdeen Proving Ground code-named Passive Nova 1, 2, and 3 test fired 120 AT-6 missiles purchased from different East European sources. The results where disappointing — 4% of the missiles fired at targets moving up to 15 km/h hit their targets, while 11% of the missiles fired at stationary targets hit. Tests with later models of the missiles raised the hit probability to 24%.

Soviet sources report kill ratios of 75-85% during the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. Also a Mil demonstration in Sweden in late 1995 using a Mi-28A firing Shturm and Ataka missiles also showed good results—from a hovering helicopter a Shturm was fired at a target 900 m away, from level flight at 200 km/h an Ataka was fired at a target 4700 m away. Both missiles passed within 1 m of their targets. [1]

It's possible there were problems with early models of the missile—it's notable that the Soviet stocks of the missile where rebuilt to AT-6B and C standard by 1994.

The export price of the missile in 1992 was $50,000.

Wikipedia

smile_o.gif

Wow, thats surprisingly low. My only guess is incorrect deployment or the Russians really neutered their missiles for export.

I have just done my first flight and I have to say: "WOW!" This is an awesome helicopter, I love it! The only thing you have to include in the next version is working gauges; trying to land a helicopter like the hind without verticle speed and attitude indicators is tricky to say the least. Otherwise, this is better than even the BIS helicopters.

I must agree with Kamarov. We're using RHS Hinds since the release and we have numerous MP missions featuring 'em. Lovely works, can't wait for v1.1 (I've mentioned a couple of problems in the previous posts, but they are really minimal) wink_o.gif

This is my favorite vehicle in Arma. It does need some improvements though, I agree. Hopefully working gages will be added soon. I would also suggest more armor (.50 cal should not be a problem for Hinds). After all, it a flying APC, I have read somewhere that Hind's armor is equal to Bradley's APC. One more thing that this chopper needs, it's the ability to engage the infantry on the ground. If AI is flying Mi-24 in the game, it would not fire its Yak guns at soldiers on the ground.

IceBrekr what is the name of your server in MP, I wish to play Hinds in MP too.

One thing these birds definatly need is working instrumentation. Speedometer, VSI, ASL indicator, and working artificial horizon at the very least. I (and probably many around here) would rather have wrong and usable than correct and so tiny it can't be seen or placed in a spot where you can't see it or some crap.

They are *very* nice though. I'm glad you brought the hind attack birds to arma. They should have been in there in the first place. The blackshark is comparitivly rare.

One thing these birds definatly need is working instrumentation.  Speedometer, VSI, ASL indicator, and working artificial horizon at the very least.  I (and probably many around here) would rather have wrong and usable than correct and so tiny it can't be seen or placed in a spot where you can't see it or some crap.

They are *very* nice though.  I'm glad you brought the hind attack birds to arma.  They should have been in there in the first place.  The blackshark is comparitivly rare.

Oh they need a lot more than that. Right now the models and textures are very unoptimized for ArmA.

Yeah, I know, but I don't view it as that big a deal given what exactly we're talking about here.

How many Hinds are you likely to see in a mission? A handfull? It's not like we're talking about an object you can expect to see a couple hundred of here.

As it is now, this hind has no impact on my system performance whatsoever. Now those damn bushes, tear my modest system to bits sometimes. If there's once thing that *really* needs to be optimised, it's those.

You know, I really need to start doing some proofreading before I click submit post. Of course, I've been saying that for ages now...

You both are right, however this release was more or less only to make the guys ( and girls ) happy that wanted a Hind in ArmA.

Due to the constant lack of people it couldnt be updated yet, im sure Kenji could do it but hes flat out with work on his T-64s atm and the next tank pack is already in waiting line ( T-80 base models already done ).

If anyone has the urge to help make these many textures to very few texture files ( and only by that we can give the whole bird effect maps ) he may contact me.

Damn i sound like a parrot when it comes to the Hinds ^^

I would love to work on these beutiful birds. Unfourtunatly though, I don't know jack about 3d modeling.

I know what a polygon is, but that's about the extent of my knowledge wink_o.gif.

Unfourtunatly, I don't have time to learn it either...

are you guys working on a update for 1.07/08?