Sign in to follow this  
mrn

Dynamic War

Fair enough, I'll pull my finger out and try and sort out an update.

Don't suppose you can remember what missions you had before you had issues?

The first three. That's as far as I got. As far as which generated missions... It seemed like every one gave me problems. I would just play until I got lucky enough and survived. If you could get it working for me I'd really appreciate it. This is a fantastic mission.

Update

0.91F

Removed mission and pilot actions after selection to reduce the chance of the player (LCD) breaking scripts

Added link to Ambush start

A new array for misc items, 206-ish variables

Added a seized by trigger for the Assault mission

Artillery only fires if the correct unit is alive

Sped up the mission selection so that markers go in place quicker

Fixed Get Mission could be selected multiple times

_localised insertion chopper script in the War on Variables

Fixed error messages in Raid mission

Randomised enemy artillery so it's less likely

Tweaked missiles

Tweaked the actions so they're not on screen all the time

Fixed POW insertion

Incorporated Seconds suppression scripts

Added the ability to call in an ammo drop

Tweaked the enemy patrol script

Probably broke a few things along the way

Averages around 220 variables now after a few missions

Cheers

Probably broke a few things along the way

Heheh rofl.gif nice changelogs, great update thumbs-up.gif

LOL yeah great biggrin_o.gif

Nice continued work MrN!! Loving the campaign still

Quote[/b] ]nice changelogs

Well, the time I've spent on this now, I have to try to have a sense of humour. tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]Loving the campaign still

Good good. biggrin_o.gif

I've done a quick conversion of Skaven and Shadow NX's Russian Units and Weapons Pack ,should I bother to upload because strictly speaking you can achieve the same effect by downloading William1's replacement pack mentioned in the first post?

Linky

@luemmel

The more I think about it, the more complicated it gets. You'd be better off reverting to an earlier version ( v.090a or b I think) because the stuff I've done recently is all about trying to get the SP savegame working. Which is the opposite of what an Mp game needs from what I can work out. huh.gif

thumbs-up.gif

save games are killing me too.

I decided to try converting another Dynamic campaign (with the same roots) from OFP called GDCE. It's doing all right and Dynamic War gave me a lot of great ideas (like rearm options and using dialog boxes...I've learned so much just by taking these on!wink_o.gif but save is as dead as a doornail.

Honestly I'm starting to think this is just a big ARMA bug, that needs to be squashed. making a workable save game for SP shouldn't be this hard.

Honestly I thought by digging into GDCE's process I could find a solution to (now) both our problems, I'll let you know if I find anything, but you've been at this longer than I.

Quote[/b] ]save games are killing me too.

It's all about the amount of variables. Kronzky pointed me towards a method to find out how many you have, use Laza

to open up your save files and go to gamestate\variables. The number in there has to be under 240.

I did look at the way GDCE saved in OFP but I couldn't get my head round it at all so put the effort in to reduce the amount of variables by using arrays for the mission switches.

I've tested this as much as I can and even mid-mission saves seem to be reasonably stable now. You can also resume after quitting Arma and the save seems to withstand it. I'm sure someone will tell me different though... whistle.gif

Cheers

I hate to be the one. I can't figure out why I'm having so much trouble. I'm only using a few addons but the save is still giving me problems. The mission doesn't CTD mid mission anymore and I can usually load a save if I don't exit ArmA, occassionally I can't. Now the problem occurs during auto-saving after completing the second mission. 3 times in a row the game CTD's during the auto save after ending my second mission. And I'm still having trouble loading the game if I exit the game.

I'm not sure maybe I'm just cursed with this mission. Is there anyone else out there having the same problem?

Although I gotta say MrN, the changes over the different versions are fantastic. You've truly created a great mission. I wish I could figure out if there is something on my end that is causing me the problem. I've tried to play with no addons, i think anyway, but that doesn't seem to sovle anything. I'll try it again when I'm done working and I'll also get a list of the addons I generally use and put them up here. Maybe you will spot something that may be the culprit.

Thanks for spending the time on this mission.

@Manzilla- check your save game and see how many global variables are being saved. Those few add-ons might be pushing it over the top. Hopefully this save-game bug which is assigned to be fixed, will be remedied next patch.

@MrN- I'm glad you added Second's suppression script- really keeps getting better and better this mission smile_o.gif

Could you add in a day/night cycle and dynamic weather during a mission I'm kind of tired of fighting during sunny weather. Besides that you've got a great mission.

@Manzilla

Quote[/b] ]the game CTD's during the auto save after ending my second mission

Hmmm, I've never experienced that. I can understand it if you're loading a game but during the save process something is amiss. I know it's easy for me to blame other things but I really have tried to break the savegame when doing my testing. huh.gif

Exactly what addons are you using? The most likely culprits are effects mods I guess, I doubt if units/unit replacements are going to cause the problem.

For example, I have FDF_Sounds, Mcnools Dry South Sahrani, Skavens RACS, Giga's scud, Russian federation units, Trueview, Ebuds units, Johnny's Marpats etc and I don't have any issues.

@froggyluv

Quote[/b] ]I'm glad you added Second's suppression script-

I haven't fully tested it and it was a bit of a last minute addition but I like the sound of it. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]really keeps getting better and better this mission

Certainly compared to what it was like originally wink_o.gif

@liljb15

Quote[/b] ]Could you add in a day/night cycle and dynamic weather during a mission I'm kind of tired of fighting during sunny weather

Yep, I guess I could. smile_o.gif TBH it hadn't occured to me, I've been too obsessed with trying to get the save working.

Just out of curiousity, has anyone finished a campaign? If so, was it on easy or hard and did it go on for too long/how many missions did it take?

Cheers

played only first 2 missions yet

- at start with helotransport from base:

Quote[/b] ]Error in expression <_camera camsetpos [(getpos inser1 select 0),(ge>

Error position: <camsetpos [(getpos inser1 select 0),(ge>

- safe landing at LZ should be trained wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Certainly compared to what it was like originally

Could you link it? thanks!

nice missions

i got

Quote[/b] ]Error in expression <_camera camsetpos [(getpos inser1 select 0),(ge>

Error position: <camsetpos [(getpos inser1 select 0),(ge>

- safe landing at LZ should be trained wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Certainly compared to what it was like originally

Could you link it? thanks!

*damn one 2 del

Mr N, I am getting the same error message that Railgunner is getting also. It occurs on the Cadet level, it's the cutscene that used to be a third person view of the chopper. The chopper would take off, a little music and the chopper fades in the horizon.

What's occurring now, is you get a pan of the base, the error message pops up and the cut scene stops with a view of the base. Once the music stops, you are now inside the chopper.

I have been playing your mission since it first came out and the newest version, minus this one glitch is very sweet. The changes you have made are excellent.

One more question: I got the terrorist base camp mission. After the cut scene glitch, I played it through. As I got to the area of the base camp, I met some OPFOR, shot them up, and proceeded to the base camp. Got to the base camp, no more OPFOR, got to the red circle and the mission did not end. I tried to call a chopper and I recieved a message that the mission was not complete. Was this is a glitch as well?

Thanks!

@Cam errors. My bad, I forgot about that, all my testing is normally done in Hard mode. whistle.gif

It shouldn't affect anything though.

Quote[/b] ]Could you link it? thanks!

I'm not sure why you would want to have a look at it, the savegame wasn't working at all, very laggy, no support options to speak of... so in short, no. smile_o.gif Unless you desperately want an even buggier mission. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ] Was this is a glitch as well?

banghead.gif Certainly sounds like it. Has anyone else had this?

Cheers

Will the @Cam errors effect a mission not finishing? or are the @cam errors strictly impact only the cut scene for the chopper scene when starting a new cadet level mission?

Quote[/b] ]strictly impact only the cut scene for the chopper scene when starting a new cadet level mission?

This is the case, it should have no impact on anything other than the cutscene. If it bothers you, you can un-pbo the mission, look in the mission folder and open up "chop_cam.sqs", change

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_camera camsetpos [(getpos inser1 select 0),(getpos inser1 select 1)-1.25,(getpos inser1 select 2)+7.95]

to

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_camera camsetpos [(getpos (vehicle p1) select 0),(getpos (vehicle p1) select 1)-1.25,(getpos (vehicle p1) select 2)+7.95]

and re-pbo.

Or, play it on Hard. smile_o.gif

Or, I'll do a quick update at the weekend. smile_o.gif

Cheers

smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]strictly impact only the cut scene for the chopper scene when starting a new cadet level mission?

This is the case, it should have no impact on anything other than the cutscene. If it bothers you, you can un-pbo the mission, look in the mission folder and open up "chop_cam.sqs", change

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_camera camsetpos [(getpos inser1 select 0),(getpos inser1 select 1)-1.25,(getpos inser1 select 2)+7.95]

to

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_camera camsetpos [(getpos (vehicle p1) select 0),(getpos (vehicle p1) select 1)-1.25,(getpos (vehicle p1) select 2)+7.95]

and re-pbo.

Or, play it on Hard. smile_o.gif

Or, I'll do a quick update at the weekend. smile_o.gif

Cheers

smile_o.gif

Thanks for the "how to". That ought to be a good thing for me to learn how to do. I do a search here for the proper tool to use to un-pbo a file.

I have tried playing it on hard....lol......I did the kill the officer mission.....got the officer ok......but then me and band of merry men made like the dickens as soon as a few BRD'sshowed up and then KA-50. Unfortunately, the KA-50 eventually got us........so back to the cadet level......

Thanks for the info! Enjoy your weekend!

this new update is really enjoyable and engaging to experience. thanks.

@ Mr. N

Thanks for the fix. I opened the pbo file with cpbo and repacked the file. The cadet level cut scene now plays with no errors.

Thanks again! Very nice job on the mission to date! It really has changed a lot since the first beta. I really get a kick out of calling for the arty. The arty/missiles now come in a bit quicker than before.

When are you going to put up the next update I can't wait to see a Day/night cycle.

When are you going to put up the next update I can't wait to see a Day/night cycle.

Hmmmmm......in version 0.91e, I played through 7 missions and there was a day/night cycle. I had started off the first mission around 18:00, then as I progressed the next 7 missions, the sun set and it became night. The .91f version came out and I upgraded to the new version, loosing the old saves.

Are you saying that the .91f version does not dynamically advance the day/night cycle as the earlier versions?

If so, bring back the day/night! It was very cool having the night missions. If possible, weather changes would be very sweet, but first get the major points of the mission working well first.

A sped up night/day cycle would rule a lot.

@twisted

Quote[/b] ]this new update is really enjoyable and engaging to experience. thanks.

thumbs-up.gif

@Sailindawg

Quote[/b] ] I opened the pbo file with cpbo and repacked the file.

GJ thumbs-up.gif

@liljb15

Quote[/b] ]When are you going to put up the next update I can't wait to see a Day/night cycle.

Soon

@MehMan

Quote[/b] ]A sped up night/day cycle would rule a lot.

I'm not keen on accelerated time, I'll just skip a few hours when a mission is over.

Cheers